Rumor: Rumors and Proposals: 4 Days Until Armageddon (UFA). Lucic+Demers Day Out in Edm

Status
Not open for further replies.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
lol 1000 post thread in one day

this is great should we get 2 tomorrow?

NoDust33

Apr 11, 2016
Unfortunately that is the situation we are in. We must fix the D this off-season, must.

If that means Hall goes, well... And this is coming from someone who owns a Hall jersey.

What is 'fixing' the defense in your opinion?

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Expect to hear Demers has agreed to sign with us tomorrow as well. It says a lot about how much the players and agents respect Chiarelli. Can you imagine these players letting MacTavish know so far in advance without talking exact terms just so he could move salary out to accommodate them? No way in hell. Everyone in the hockey world respects Chia and they know he understands how to build a cup winning team. With Lucic and Demers coming in, I predict Hall is traded in a package for another defenceman and one of Eberle and RNH are traded for prospect defence to give us more cap space.

I'd like that more than Lucic to be honest

yes, he's another Sekera but we need MORE players like him not less...even at 5 million he wouldn't be too overpaid

one of the 6 million dollar men is gone for sure now...all but confirmed if true

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Interesting how they've already got a contract figured out when they're not allowed to discuss $.

I think you have this wrong. I believe that pending UFA's can indeed talk numbers from June 24th to July 1st.. They just cant sign a contract until July 1st.

Stock could in fact be 100% accurate about the Lucic rumor. Lucic and the Oilers may have a verbal agreement. Announcement to be made official on Friday.

Not saying its actually happened...just saying its possible.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Kassian only signed one year here and he's still questionable for the future.

If no Lucic we will still be on the hunt to inject toughness sooner than later with this marshmallow of a team.

McDavid is a target we all know and ultimately teams will be targeting Puljujarvi. Lucic allows the young guns to skate more freely.

Crude

Rafters 94
Jul 15, 2007
Edmonton
Expect to hear Demers has agreed to sign with us tomorrow as well. It says a lot about how much the players and agents respect Chiarelli. With Lucic and Demers coming in, I predict Hall is traded in a package for another defenceman and one of Eberle and RNH are traded for prospect defence to give us more cap space.

I just don't see how this works unless we are moving one of Sekera or Klefbom out. We need a true #1 RHD who can move the puck up to our forwards and run the PP. That type of player, barring a miracle, is going to cost $7M+. Unless Demers is only getting a minor raise from his current $3.4M, how are we going to be successful with a ~ $10M second pairing?

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
Hall Dre Puljujarvi
Lucic Mcdavid Maroon
Pouliot RNH Kassian
Hendricks Letestu Paki
Korpi

Sekera Shatty
Klefbom Demers
Davidson Nurse

does this work??

trade Eberle + 1st 2017 for signed Shatty

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
The salt on the main boards is real.

People thought the Sekera contract was surprisingly low when he signed it, now we overpaid for him.

LOL.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
I think you have this wrong. I believe that pending UFA's can indeed talk numbers from June 24th to July 1st.. They just cant sign a contract until then.

Stock could in fact be 100% accurate about the Lucic rumor. Lucic and the Oilers may have a verbal agreement. Announcement to be made official on Friday.

Just saying its possible.
I don't think they can talk numbers but they can talk about how a contract might be generally structured.

But really this is all ******** anyway. Surely, they've discussed numbers and there is no way for the NHL to prove this.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Hall Dre Puljujarvi
Lucic Mcdavid Maroon
Pouliot RNH Kassian
Hendricks Letestu Paki
Korpi

Sekera Shatty
Klefbom Demers
Davidson Nurse

does this work??

trade Eberle + 1st 2017 for signed Shatty

Have to find someone better to play on RNH's line. Kassian down to the fourth until he becomes more consistent/deserves to move up the lineup.

Actually I hate the middle six. That's a very slow group of wingers playing with McDavid and RNH.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Ugh. I am going to be very sad come July 1 when they announce a 6 x 6 contract for Lucic. Boy thats going to be an anchor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig