Rumor: Rumors and Proposals: 4 Days Until Armageddon (UFA). Lucic+Demers Day Out in Edm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I'd rather finish bottom 3 without spending that kind of absurd money on Lucic. With him I don't think we're that much better. Essentially takes Maroons spot from him. If the price is right by all means I'd welcome him. But if we're going 6 or 7 years and over $6M like rumoured. That's an untradable contract in 3 years.

Just because they're bringing Russell in, that doesn't mean he's signing in Edmonton. Chill

Lucic seems like a strong possibility. Not really interested in Demers, doesn't really excel at any aspect and $11M of him and Sekera for the next 5 seasons both of who will be 30 soon is a scary proposition.

Stick to Lucic Chia, trade for the other Dman or two.

Kris Russel is bad at hockey, and a LHD...the reason he blocks so many shots is cause he can't get the puck out of his zone!
please no Chia....get Brian Campbell if you want a LHD...he's a vet that brings offense and can still run a PP

Lucic wanting 6 years is understandable and someone will give it to him, let's just hope it isn't the Oilers
paying broken down 34 year old 6 million is a scary thought

I can see McLellan selling Edmonton to Demers, and I like the idea of signing him to a 5-year deal at 5 million (yes, a lot of money but you overpay in Free Agency)...I hope he signs here

get Demers, add another d-man Chia

There's always this guy to do business with:

hkn-canucks-wrap-20150429.jpg

Start of New Thread.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Having Demers here, (along with doing due diligence) could be a threat to teams that we are in trade negotiations with.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Having Demers here, (along with doing due diligence) could be a threat to teams that we are in trade negotiations with.

That's a possibility. I also think this makes teams looking for defense more desperate to make a trade without justifying the value. Either way, it's good that Chia is doing this.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Not sure we really need Lucic. A few years ago sure but our team isn't that small any more.

Draisaitl, Puljujarvi, Maroon, Kassian, Pouliot are all in the top 9 right now. That is pretty good size already. Rather go after a #3C and focus on the defense.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'm pretty excited Demers and Lucic are going to tour the city soon, hopefully somewhat reasonable deals can be found.

And I will say this for Lucic, he's been very healthy so far in his career and that's a positive as he gets older. Perhaps any "cliff" he might go off in the later years of a deal might not be so high.

WoolyWhatsIt

Jul 28, 2009
Whats the rules on front loading contracts? I got no problem giving Lucic 6x6 average and paying him more the first 3-4 years to allow him to be easily traded in year 5 or 6

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Not sure we really need Lucic. A few years ago sure but our team isn't that small any more.

Draisaitl, Puljujarvi, Maroon, Kassian, Pouliot are all in the top 9 right now. That is pretty good size already. Rather go after a #3C and focus on the defense.

None of those players have the combined physicality and skill of Lucic. None come close.

Drai and Pulju are far more skilled. Maroon and Pouliot aren't as skilled OR physical as Lucic. Kassian is almost useless offensively.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

There seems to be a pretty decent chance that Hall is dealt, so Lucic will become a need at that point. Plus Maroon and Kassian aren't full time top 6 players in all likelihood.
Lucic will create space for the skilled players which would be huge (can you imagine McDavid with all that space?), he's a load to handle in front of the net and he wins lots of puck battles. The concern is the term but he's absolutely a player that the Oilers need.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
None of those players have the combined physicality and skill of Lucic. None come close.

Drai and Pulju are far more skilled. Maroon and Pouliot aren't as skilled OR physical as Lucic. Kassian is almost useless offensively.

Point is Lucic isn't a huge need any more. He'd be a very expensive luxury. Not sure it is worth getting slower either. We are already a slow team.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015

The gap between the skill and physicality between those two and Lucic is more than offset by the fact than cost less combined than he will.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
I don't want to post anything on these boards and feel the wrath after, but people can PM me about a rumor another guy posted in the trade main forum yesterday. I can confirm a top guy they are going after and where I got the info from. They have had LONG discussions with this team.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
There seems to be a pretty decent chance that Hall is dealt, so Lucic will become a need at that point. Plus Maroon and Kassian aren't full time top 6 players in all likelihood.
Lucic will create space for the skilled players which would be huge (can you imagine McDavid with all that space?), he's a load to handle in front of the net and he wins lots of puck battles. The concern is the term but he's absolutely a player that the Oilers need.

McDavid can play with anybody and be fine. He doesn't need somebody to create space for him. I would never want to spend big money on a player just to be McDavid's winger.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I wonder if Klowe will dust off that old Oilers video and show it to Lucic and Demers
Or maybe they will go with the Ice District video ;)

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
McDavid can play with anybody and be fine. He doesn't need somebody to create space for him. I would never want to spend big money on a player just to be McDavid's winger.

He's still one of the best power forwards in the league, he wouldn't be just "McDavid's winger", he can play with anybody and do well and if Hall is dealt, they are going to need to fill that void.

Bum

Ontario Oiler fan
Aug 31, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Lucic and Demers are going to show up and just play with the goal horn all day while looking at each other and giggling.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
@Sun_Tychkowski 26s26 seconds ago
"He has the ability to do the same thing in Edmonton that he did in Boston” - Milan Lucic, talking about Oilers GM Peter Chiarelli in April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad