Rumor: Rumors and Proposals: 4 Days Until Armageddon (UFA). Lucic+Demers Day Out in Edm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
To be fair to the other players on that list, a large part of those eye popping numbers are because when hall isn't on the ice the oilers haven't had much else. Good players who play on good teams have better respective support.

Not necessarily true with Montreal, or Ottawa. Islanders are iffy, a really poor team 3 years ago. Tavares career numbers (when on a bottom feeder) are not 8%. But good teams also have good players on the ice when player x is on ice as well. So it evens itself out

8% is pretty unreal for any player, even for elite players on bad teams

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Do you tweet this out to Lebrun and Friedman every time? Mackenzie had Barrie forsure being traded? Guess he isnt legit eh?

Almost deals happen and fall apart when new info arises, like say, Puljujarvi dropping

Difference is, Lebrun, Freidman, and McKenzie, have very good track records. I can't seem to recall a single thing said by that poster materializing.

Just saying.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Expect to hear Demers has agreed to sign with us tomorrow as well. It says a lot about how much the players and agents respect Chiarelli. Can you imagine these players letting MacTavish know so far in advance without talking exact terms just so he could move salary out to accommodate them? No way in hell. Everyone in the hockey world respects Chia and they know he understands how to build a cup winning team. With Lucic and Demers coming in, I predict Hall is traded in a package for another defenceman and one of Eberle and RNH are traded for prospect defence to give us more cap space.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I feel like the nerd whos watching some kid take his bike up some massive ramp to try and jump over certainly unmakeable jump and saying " Hey bud, I uhh, dont think you are going to clear that" and then the kid going "you never know if you dont try!"

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. Or when hall is traded.

Although with L.A. Giving permission to talk, I wonder if that makes talking numbers okay.

I would hope it does. Seems odd that they would give permission to talk, but not about numbers.

Wonder if Chia throws LA a 5th or 6th rounder to get the deal done now.

NoDust33

Apr 11, 2016
To be fair to the other players on that list, a large part of those eye popping numbers are because when hall isn't on the ice the oilers haven't had much else. Good players who play on good teams have better respective support.

So it's safe to assume Hall's production is hindered because of his lack of relative support and that he has had a significant influence, on average, of every player that has played with him?

Isn't that the defining reason of a great player? he makes players around him better.

He's so underrated.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Difference is, Lebrun, Freidman, and McKenzie, have very good track records. I can't seem to recall a single thing said by that poster materializing.

Just saying.

First thing he was saying was Subban to be traded like 3 months ago and was greeted not to well. Then 3 months later it turns out Subban actually was nearly dealt.

Give it to July 10th to make a call. No trades have happened yet

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
I'm more convinced that keeping him and not addressing the defense would be an even bigger mistake.

Unfortunately that is the situation we are in. We must fix the D this off-season, must.

If that means Hall goes, well... And this is coming from someone who owns a Hall jersey.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
It pretty much sums up Taylor Hall as a player.

Where this weak defence comes up I don't know.

He's one the better 5 on 5 players in the game. Yet he's weak defensively? I call bull crap.

He's just not a good power play performer.

If we do end up keeping Hall I'd like to remove him from the power play and play the living crap out of him 5 on 5. That or get him on the PK. There's room for Hall to dominate more aspects of the game. He's a good defensive player that could be a completely dominate one.

or..... he's never had a pp qb ?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
So it's safe to assume Hall's production is hindered because of his lack of relative support and that he has had a significant influence, on average, of every player that has played with him?

Isn't that the defining reason of a great player? he makes players around him better.

He's so underrated.

Hey don't get me wrong. Hall is an amazing player. Just saying an amazing player on a terrible team is going to look better relative to his teammates than an amazing player on a better team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad