Rumor: Rumors and Proposals: 4 Days Until Armageddon (UFA). Lucic+Demers Day Out in Edm

Status
Not open for further replies.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
So since we overpaid for Sekera we should for Demers too? Sekera was a bad signing. I don't want another bad signing on our D.

If we are over paying for D it should be top pairing D.

On what universe was the Sekera signing bad?

He was our best d-man last year. The only times he looked a bit lost was when they forced him to the right side, which will not happen again.

Is he overpaid a bit? Yes.
Are UFAs in general overpaid? Yes.

It comes with the territory.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Exciting indeed....not in the good realm.

@NHLbyMatty 6m6 minutes ago
I fully agree Dumba for RNH is not a fair trade and they need more, but Dumba is an exciting, offensive right-shooter who can play PP.

Dumba is exciting watching him stand like a pylon in the neutral zone while being an obstacle for his teammates to move around him. He has potential but I think Matheson needs to take a few chill pills. I don't think it'll cost RNH.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Doesn't everything seem to line up for a Hall Shattenkirk deal. Maybe i'm reading into it but that's how things kinda seem.

I should state that I think we get fleeced with Hall going for Shatty

I think St. Louis would want Draisaitl for Shattenkirk. Centre, cheaper, plus they have LW's.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
I like Pouliot too, except the stupid penalties. You could tell the coaching staff was getting tired of it too. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is dealt this summer.

The offensive zone penalties are annoying but they are the only thing I don't like about Pouliots game.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
If they parlay Hall+ into Pietrangelo and sign Lucic and Demers I will start a gofundme for a Chiarelli statue.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I'm not suggesting trading him. I'm just saying his spot with McDavid could be very difficult to hold on to if we're running Hall and Lucic on LW.

Not to mention Maroon is making 1.5M. That's like top 4th Line money for 2 more years. That is an EASY pill to swallow. If he can't make it Top 6 here, it's not like he can't play bottom 6.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Call me crazy but I would offer sheet Lindholm 4 1st before trading Hall for Hamonic

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Dumba is exciting watching him stand like a pylon in the neutral zone while being an obstacle for his teammates to move around him. He has potential but I think Matheson needs to take a few chill pills. I don't think it'll cost RNH.

The World Jrs is exciting hockey. It's also filled with mistakes, boneheaded plays, stupid penalties, and good teams getting rolled by worse teams because their kids can't play defense.

I don't want my team to be exciting, I want them to play great hockey.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Pretty sure Matheson forgot to take his medication this morning.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
On what universe was the Sekera signing bad?

He was our best d-man last year. The only times he looked a bit lost was when they forced him to the right side, which will not happen again.

Is he overpaid a bit? Yes.
Are UFAs in general overpaid? Yes.

It comes with the territory.

Yeah, I don't mind the Sekera signing at all. It's not his fault he's got almost an entire blueline core of guys who can't play hockey around him.

JJTopper

Registered Creeper
Jul 11, 2002
Visit site
Not to mention Maroon is making 1.5M. That's like top Line 4 money for 2 more years. That is an EASY pill to swallow. If he can't make it Top 6 here, it's not like he can't play bottom 6.

For sure! He's definitely a keeper. That contract is a HUGE steal. Maybe the best move Chia has made so far. :naughty:

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
I like Pouliot too, except the stupid penalties. You could tell the coaching staff was getting tired of it too. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is dealt this summer.

Penalties taken - drawn at 5v5, 2012-16: Pouliot: 43 taken, 40 drawn (-3) Lucic: 68 taken, 36 drawn (-32)

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I think Drasaitl is the one to go actually. He fits other teams need really well because he is potential #1c and hell be cost controlled for short term, and RFA for a few more years. With tight cap for upcoming years this will be a huge asset.

For Oilers it makes sense because LD still needs some sheltering. Hall vs LD IMO have similar vlaue, at least in similar tier. Mostly because LD is the center GMs drool over and are rarely traded. For Oilers it makes sense to keep Hall because he is already proven elite, can handle tough minutes, and almost a guide for young guys. Plus they have McDavid/RNH at center

Onvously youd want Eberle gone first, then RNH for cap reasons. But Eberle wont bring you back an AP

If AP is the target, I forsee us dealing LD + for AP. Trading Pouliot for something (cap reasons) and signing Lucic for Demers. The top 6 is then completely balanced (in terms of size, handeness, skill vs size ratio)

Lucic-McDavid-Eberle
Hall-RNH-Puljujarvi

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Whats the deal with Russell?

I thought he looked pretty damn good 2 years ago, especially when Giordano went down.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
If chia can unload pouliot for scraps I'd be happy. for the people saying his terrible ozone penalties are the only thing to not like about his game my question is what is there to like about his game?

He is a slightly different version of Purcell.

Will produce some goals and assists IF he is handed top line mates and gobs of pp time.

Not physical, does not drive the play, appears lazy at times, zero gwg, his big hall mark of puck possession was not that evident last year...'visually'.

He's not the kind of player that helps you win in this league. I know I'm in the minority here as most people really like the guy.

MCMIL OIL

Oct 19, 2011
Cochrane AB
What people need to understand is Lucic gives us the ability to trade Hall. Now I hate that just as much as anyone. He is our best play behind McDavid and on a killer contract. However Eberle/Nuge must not be getting the return we all hoped we have. We NEED a #1 dman and if Hall is the only one who can get you that you suck it up and trade him. What Chiarelli has to decided is if a loss of Hall and better D is worth it. Or a spot of strenght and less improvement on D. It not a easy decision to make and Im glad im not the one doing it. All i say is if he trades Hall he better get a great return cause Hall is stud.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Our last 2 coaches talked about Pouliot's ability to play both wings (and some C too). That, and the fact that Maroon spent a fair amount of time at RW after the trade, I don't see why Rishaugh keeps banging the "overcrowded LW" drum. He did it (incorrectly, I might add) when we drafted Puljujarvi not knowing JP was a RW too.

You'd think a guy who's been trying to run Yakupov out of town since he got here would be bringing up the RW depth chart as an area to cut.

Rishaugh was a guy I used to look forward to reading but the last few years his MO has been more editorialize than report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad