Rumor: Rumor & Proposals: The sound of silence (Free Agency opens 12PM EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

I hope they do sign him north of 5M. He'll be 31 to start the season and he's just a physical version of Pouliot (in terms of production). This is the type of guy that falls off a cliff like some are expecting out of Lucic. Guys like Lucic usually still manage to be competent 40 point players into their mid 30s (last year or 2 of his deal).

ced2334

Feb 29, 2016
I bet we will get a bit of a bargain on him like we did with Sekera. We are trying to build something very special here. That should have value, and give them incentive to take a bit less for the good of the future.

Oilers got a bargain on sekera?

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
If NYI give Ladd max term I will feel much better about giving Lucic max term (if the rumors are true).

The Islanders are in a tight spot for a different reason than the Oilers. Moving to Brooklyn really lowered their reputation among players as it is a difficult rink to travel to and the ice is dangerously poor quality.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002

Vesey, of course, won't be a free agent until August 15 if he doesn't sign with Buffalo.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

At this time last year people were tossing around 6M, 6+ for Sekera. He was easily the best defenseman on the market. Bargain deal that looks to be an overpay now based on what role he will have as a #4.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

For free agency I'd say so. As a whole maybe not that much, but considering how desirable of a location we are and that it was free agency i think we did pretty well on the deal.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I bet we will get a bit of a bargain on him like we did with Sekera. We are trying to build something very special here. That should have value, and give them incentive to take a bit less for the good of the future.

I hope you're right but I swear to ****ing God if I hear one more time that Edmonton is "building something special" I'm gonna go assault a tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad