Rumor: Rumor & Proposals: The sound of silence (Free Agency opens 12PM EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2011
Why does Benning refuse to rebuild? The Nucks are going nowhere. His free agent acquisitions won't right that sinking ship.
Their prospect pool isn't so bad, Demko, Boeser.. they have young Trymkin (whatever) and Virtanen (baby Lucic). I don't think they are in that bad of shape.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I get the feeling Lucic might not even be the most expensive signing out there today.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
The thing is, we don't need any more evidence about what this team is with/without Hall. We can simply look at the splits of possession results of when Hall was on the ice versus when he was off.

I don't put my full faith in those stats, hockey is far more complicated than that. No offense.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Their prospect pool isn't so bad, Demko, Boeser.. they have young Trymkin (whatever) and Virtanen (baby Lucic). I don't think they are in that bad of shape.

I think they need to do more tbh. Can't really count on all of those guys to hit their potential. Setting yourself up for disaster. Benning is allergic to draft picks though.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Anyone want to make up a GDT for today? This thread is close to done

I got the next R&P queued up. I decided against the GDT, just cause Free Agency tends to drag out indeterminately.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
I'd say Oilers forward prospects were almost comparable to Nucks before Benson/Caggiula.

PaperDesigner

Mar 1, 2008
I don't put my full faith in those stats, hockey is far more complicated than that. No offense.

That's throwing out the good because it's not perfect. There's plenty of evidence that correlates possession stats to winning. Could those stats be better? Yes, which is why there continues to be development on that front.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I get the feeling Lucic might not even be the most expensive signing out there today.

I bet we will get a bit of a bargain on him like we did with Sekera. We are trying to build something very special here. That should have value, and give them incentive to take a bit less for the good of the future.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I'd say Oilers forward prospects were almost comparable to Nucks before Benson/Caggiula.

It's just kind of irrelevant because the Oilers have nearly a half dozen impact forwards under the age of 24 in the NHL.

You could argue the Vancouver Canucks have two top-six forwards and they're 36 years old this year.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
I can see Wild going after Backes, willing to pay top dollar for him...

It's just kind of irrelevant because the Oilers have nearly a half dozen impact forwards under the age of 24 in the NHL.

You could argue the Vancouver Canucks have two top-six forwards and they're 36 years old this year.

True true.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I bet we will get a bit of a bargain on him like we did with Sekera. We are trying to build something very special here. That should have value, and give them incentive to take a bit less for the good of the future.

I'll take that bet all day.

Smoke is on ~6.5M for 7 years.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
When he wasn't qualified by the Flames, the Flamers faithful was quite insistent that he was a winger, not a center(?)

Just trying to catch up on this thread so ignore me if its already been said. Colborne did play mostly wing last season, but the 2 years prior he played centre mostly. He's probably better on the wing from what I've seen and from what Flames fans have said, but he adds the versatility of being able to play centre if you get injuries. I'd be fine bringing him in if its 3M or less. He's not very consistent in his physical play and doesn't always use his size as well as he should but he can still protect the puck fairly well when he does use it and he's fine parking his ass in front of the net. He also has a pretty good shot and some very slick hands. He's almost as much of a sure thing in the shootout as Eberle is. I think you could get more out of him physically especially if you have guys like Lucic, Maroon and Kassian running around.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 7m7 minutes ago
Don't be surprised if Stuart Percy, not QO'd by TOR, signs in PIT. Also, DET in on Matt Lorito, who put up good numbers with Albany (AHL).

How does stuff like this get leaked in all the real madness

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 20s20 seconds ago
Looks like David Backes going to market. STL took a run at re-signing him this morning. BOS significant interest in Backes.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
If NYI give Ladd max term I will feel much better about giving Lucic max term (if the rumors are true).

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I feel like I did after the graduation party when it was time to go home.

Hopefully I'm not left disappointed like she was that night

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I wonder if it would be possible to sign Lucic AND Backes, while trading Eberle for Barrie. Could we make the team cap compliant?

Lucic-McDavid-Yakupov
Maroon-Draisaitl-Backes
Pouliot-RNH-Puljujarvi
Hendricks-Letestu-Kassian
Pakarinen

Klefbom-Larsson
Davidson-Barrie
Sekera-Fayne

That is definitely a playoff team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad