Rumor: Rumor & Proposals: The sound of silence (Free Agency opens 12PM EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Yeah, but why take a meeting if you're already sold on a market. I wouldn't count my chickens on this.

Even if he does sign, it may well be a terrible contract.

Most likely is at this point tbh, Stammer off the market means so many more hounding for Looch

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If they don't get Lucic, do the Oilers make a pitch to David Perron, lol? Would he even want to come back?

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
A little bit off topic from Lucic but I wonder if we can land Demers and Wiz. Wiz can play bottom pairing and PP mins.

Klefbom - Larsson
Sekera - Demers
Davidson - Wiz

Thats a pretty damn good D group going into next season. Probably the best we have had since Souray - Lubo days.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Most likely is at this point tbh, Stammer off the market means so many more hounding for Looch

On the mains, there is a thread saying he already rejected Vancouver. I think the only other significant challenger to the Oil is Dallas. Not sure if there has been any news on whether or not he is seriously considering it.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I either want Lucic at 5.5 (I assume for a billion years) or not at all.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I guarantee nobody will be happy with results of Lucic tomorrow. If he signs, his contract makes Chia a terrible GM. If he doesnt sign, it makes Chia a terrible GM. :laugh:

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
As for Lucic, even if we don't land him, we can try to make a push for Eriksson or Okposo. If we land Okposo, Puju can play LW.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
I either want Lucic at 5.5 (I assume for a billion years) or not at all.

If Lucic is signing here its for 6+ at 6 years probably.

You fine with going into next season with Pouliot/Maroon, or giving up some assets to aquire a LWer that can play top line minutes?

The difference between 5.5 and 6.5 is minuscule when looked at the gaping hole it would leave

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Guys, guys. I will not fail you. Lucic is an Oilers. The guy puts up respectable point totals.

I'm willing to bet you all that the ~15 point differential between Hall and Lucic will be washed away if not turned in Lucic's favor with the addition of Larsson and whoever else we add. Larsson's incredible breakout pass, when it hits McDavid, is going to be something we haven't seen since Visnovsky. You're all going to be so happy.

edit: I'd like to point out all the flack I've received for my trade proposals. I was hounded, ridiculed, called a complete idiot for them. They involved Hall being traded for perceived lesser players. Now we've seen his true value. Maybe, just maybe, I am not so crazy after all.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Guys, guys. I will not fail you. Lucic is an Oilers. The guy puts up respectable point totals.

I'm willing to bet you all that the ~15 point differential between Hall and Lucic will be washed away if not turned in Lucic's favor with the addition of Larsson and whoever else we add. Larsson's incredible breakout pass, when it hits McDavid, is going to be something we haven't seen since Visnovsky. You're all going to be so happy.

I don't know if I honestly even want him. I wouldn't be that upset if he signs elsewhere.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
If Lucic is signing here its for 6+ at 6 years probably.

You fine with going into next season with Pouliot/Maroon, or giving up some assets to aquire a LWer that can play top line minutes?

The difference between 5.5 and 6.5 is minuscule when looked at the gaping hole it would leave

I am not fine with it. But I am happier than giving out a HUGE contract to Lucic (more than 5.5 per year for a 7 year contract). Neither is good. I tend to think there could be a third option - that of signing someone else.

J4M13M

Jun 4, 2014
Saint John NB
SiriusXM NHL Radio guys said Lucic is coming to Edmonton.

The offer is apparently 7 yrs/6M per.

Take it for what it's worth. If that's the deal and if there's no NMC after about year 4, I don't really care about the added years.

Give me a team that can win tomorrow, and forget the cap implications in year 5. the team will have plenty of cap for Draisaitl, Nurse and McDavid, and lots of guys on cost-controlled contracts until 2021 (Like, the entire D), so overpaying one forward doesn't hurt that much.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
SiriusXM NHL Radio guys said Lucic is coming to Edmonton.

The offer is apparently 7 yrs/6M per.

Take it for what it's worth. If that's the deal and if there's no NMC after about year 4, I don't really care about the added years.

Give me a team that can win tomorrow, and forget the cap implications in year 5. the team will have plenty of cap for Draisaitl, Nurse and McDavid, and lots of guys on cost-controlled contracts until 2021 (Like, the entire D), so overpaying one forward doesn't hurt that much.

That's horrid.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
I am not fine with it. But I am happier than giving out a HUGE contract to Lucic (more than 5.5 per year for a 7 year contract). Neither is good. I tend to think there could be a third option - that of signing someone else.

Think Seidenberg would look good as a LWer?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
TSN still saying there are rumors of 7 years and potentially as high as 6.5M per. I don't like that contract but we need him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad