Rumor: Rumor & Proposals: Is this real life or is this fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Stauffer's radio show starts at 12pm right?

Yes. I bet the theme for the day will be "it's a fluid situation."

All I can say is if the Oilers get some of these players in the rumour mill the last few days, it is indeed going to be a very "fluid situation".:amazed:

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Hall + Eberle
for
Faulk + Aho

We clear cap, Add top pairing RD and a top prospect to pair up with Puljujarvi.

Lucic-McDavid-Yakupov (yes we keep him around and yes we give him top 6 minutes)
Pouliot-Draisaitl-Maroon
Aho-RNH-Puljujarvi
Hendricks-Letestu-Kassian

Sekera-Faulk (reunited)
Klefbom-Demers
Nurse- Davidson
Gryba

If Yak doesnt work we can move Drai to RW and RNH onto line 2.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Still waiting for a response to my question posted above. Surely you see the parallels between Petrys situation and RNH's situation?

Sorry, I missed it during the onslaught ;)

I don't think Petry looks any better in Montreal than he did here to be honest. I don't think Nuge looked any better this year despite having two better centers playing on the team.

bestmyfeeling

Oct 22, 2010
all those mentioning jerseys....my two most recent oiler jerseys are RNH and HALL, seems like i'm screwed either way :(

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
Keep me up to date on what bum Stauffer says. My work is a fluid situation so I won't be able to listen the whole time

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
I'm sorry but we get lit up way too much with RNH on the ice to consider him some sort of defensive wizard. Although when you compare him to guys like Eberle/Yakupov, I can understand where that perception could come from.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Thanks for edumacating me, guys.

giphy.gif

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I'd prefer someone more experienced than Zibanejad coming back. Ideally, we want to keep RNH around to shelter McDavid and Drai some more and take the tough draws. I don't think Lazar or Zibby can fill that function particularly well for us right now.

RNH is like 10 days older than Z. 6'2", 225 pound right shooting center but more of a scorer as opposed to a playmaker like RNH. I don't see how you could reason RNH is better suited for the big bodied centers in the West than Z is if your reasoning is to shelter McDavid and Drai. I don't think McDavid needs any sheltering anyways. We wont even have that option on the road.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
No it doesn't and I disagree that he's grown or developed in any way. I mean... maybe he's 15 pounds heavier? Hasn't done him any good though.

It's not about pounds and kilos. If you look at how players develop, there are prime years in between early developing years and later declining years. RNH is clearly still in the pre-prime time of his career. He is developing and growing. He has not plateaued. He is being more and more challenged by coaching all the time. Last season he had the toughest assignments of all our centers. The year previous he played more minutes than any center in the league other than Tavares (narrowly edged him out). It's no coincidence that Draisaitl's season declined once RNH was injured, because Drai can't handle what RNH can. RNH was not this good during the early time of his ELC and was more sheltered at that time.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I'm sorry but we get lit up way too much with RNH on the ice to consider him some sort of defensive wizard. Although when you compare him to guys like Eberle/Yakupov, I can understand where that perception could come from.

Well yeah they get light up with him on ice, they just get curb stomped without him on ice

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL

To be fair, the Oilers have been consistently "lit up" with almost anyone on the ice this past decade.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Keep me up to date on what bum Stauffer says. My work is a fluid situation so I won't be able to listen the whole time

I'm going to do us both a favour and not listen to him. He just spewed worse ******** than HF does.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
RNH is like 10 days older than Z. 6'2", 225 pound right shooting center but more of a scorer as opposed to a playmaker like RNH. I don't see how you could reason RNH is better suited for the big bodied centers in the West than Z is if your reasoning is to shelter McDavid and Drai. I don't think McDavid needs any sheltering anyways. We wont even have that option on the road.

Refer to the post quoted a few times above about RNH's effect on scoring while he's on the ice for us. Being a defensive centre and taking tough matchups isn't a matter of size and age lol. Zibby's bigger but sure as hell isn't as good as RNH defensively. Blow coverage all the time, floats a decent amount. Not really any more physical than RNH either.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Why can't this be the Top 6?
Lucic, McDavid, Puljujarvi
Hall, Draisaitl, Eberle

People are assuming if Lucic signs Hall is gone which is BS. No reason why Oilers can't afford both. Hall + Drai are dynamite, Hall+ Eberle are dynamite, so that line would have to be explosive?!?

I'm of the belief the Oilers don't need a 7/8M dman to be a winner.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Some fans will take this as a shot against Hall or Ebs, but from that stupid Oil drop series or whatever it was called...you could tell RNH was the most welcoming of the 3 kids to Yakupov.

RNH was also the only guy on the team to send out a tweet congratulating Puljujarvi.

Just saying.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
To be fair, the Oilers have been consistently "lit up" with almost anyone on the ice this past decade.

They do but I imagine if you replaced RNH with a guy like Bergeron, the results would be much different.

There is a reason that every dman that we bring in performs worse than they did on other teams. It is because our forwards are brutal defensively. RNH has to take some of the blame for that given the fact that he plays so many minutes at such an important defensive position.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
Hall, Draisaitl, Eberle

People are assuming if Lucic signs Hall is gone which is BS. No reason why Oilers can't afford both. Hall + Drai are dynamite, Hall+ Eberle are dynamite, so that line would have to be explosive?!?

This is why I think a RNH + Yak for Coyle + Dumba makes a lot of sense with Demers signing.

Maroon Coyle RW third line.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Hall, Draisaitl, Eberle

Yeah, we don't need to trade for any better dmen. Just keep collecting forwards, it's worked so well so far!

(please god no. we need a real top-pairing puck-moving dman at least.)

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Still amazes me that people still think that lateral trades for forward for D are somehow going to end up in massive improved for this team. They might end up in marginal improvements at best.

The way to improve the team as a whole (not just D core) is to either get D by fleecing other teams, trading for young D on the up and coming, but only for lesser assets, or by trading non NHL players/assets (prospects/picks) for NHL D.

For example, take RNH. Oilers have an 8% decrease in goals for % when hes not on ice (huge, huge decrease). So you swap him out and you replace him with a D who has a marginal positive impact on teams GF% curently. Do you really think team is better off? Cant comprehend that personally. Its defies logic or rational thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad