Rumor: Rumor & Proposals: Is this real life or is this fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Yak is an interesting addition to that group.

Nuge/Ebs/Hall are a tough trio to keep together for cap reasons.

My gut is Hall is the one to go, although I'd like for it to be Ebs. As I suspect do most people.

As I said, completely out of the loop with regards to the team and what Chia is planning on doing as I haven't really followed Oilers related news for the past 6-9 months but I thought I remembered hearing that Yakupov wanted/asked for a change of scenery which is why I threw him in with those guys.

Preferably would like to see RNH and Eberle going; Hall would be a tough pill to swallow.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
As I said, completely out of the loop with regards to the team and what Chia is planning on doing but I thought I remembered hearing that Yakupov wanted/asked for a change of scenery which is why I threw him in with those guys.

Preferably would like to see RNH and Eberle going; Hall would be a tough pill to swallow.

Addition by subtraction

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
I would be shocked if it's 6x6.

Lucic obviously wants to maximize his earnings but I doubt he's signing longterm here if the end goal is not to be part of a championship team.

My guess: 6 years x 5.5 million.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
With Eberle being our only right handed shooter and Hall being the best LW in the game, I think RNH is the guy on the move. Sadly, McDavid made him expendable. He could go to New Jersey and be that 2 way center while putting up 60 points.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
A vast majority of the long term deals vets sign have some buyers remorse.

The Oilers have been push overs for years and this is the type of player we badly need imo. I have no doubt that it it is 6 years we'll be sad in the last couple of years but teams find ways to deal with over priced contracts and cap problems one way of the other.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
David Staples said:
Curtis Stock, one of my colleagues at the Edmonton Journal and a long-time sports reporter, has just reported the rather astonishing news that the Edmonton Oilers have an agreement with unrestricted free agent Milan Lucic, which will be announced on July 1.

TSN’s Bob McKenzie said earlier today on Vancouver radio that Lucic might be willing to give the Oilers a “hometown discount” because Lucic is keen to play with Connor McDavid in the new arena.
http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey/edmonton-oilers-will-have-deal-worked-out-with-milan-lucic-says-journal-reporter-curtis-stock

Hometown discount...Edmonton? If true...a perfect example of the McDavid effect.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
With Eberle being our only right handed shooter and Hall being the best LW in the game, I think RNH is the guy on the move. Sadly, McDavid made him expendable. He could go to New Jersey and be that 2 way center while putting up 60 points.

Drai and McDavid better do their chin straps up tight because after RNh went down last year Drai and Hall hit the skids. I'd like to keep Hall and Eberle but for sure someone has to go.

And no Hall is not the best LW in the game, were the hell did you come up with that?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I swear the new arena has special powers.

Cagguila was courted by 5 teams heavily, included hometown team, odl coach, Chicago, Vancouver with 2 teammates. Had zero interest in Edmonton. Comes to arena and signs that week

Lucic comes to Edmonton for a visit, see arena and signs that day... before July 1st

Honestly watch it be 4.75 * 5 years

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Main boards raining down salt already. I really hope it's a good contract just to rub it in even more.

What really gets me is how everyone scolded us for years to trade some of our shiny forwards for Dmen, and now that it looks like this is going to happen, they are mocking us for doing the thing they have been pleading with us to do for forever.

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
A vast majority of the long term deals vets sign have some buyers remorse.

The Oilers have been push overs for years and this is the type of player we badly need imo. I have no doubt that it it is 6 years we'll be sad in the last couple of years but teams find ways to deal with over priced contracts and cap problems one way of the other.

he is 28 now and will be 34 when his contract ends. If it is a six year deal I think we will have 1 year of regret--7 year 2 year regret

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad