Rumor: Rumor & Proposals: Is this real life or is this fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
I would be shocked if it's 6x6.

Lucic obviously wants to maximize his earnings but I doubt he's signing longterm here if the end goal is not to be part of a championship team.

My guess: 6 years x 5.5 million.

This was my initial guess as well.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
What really gets me is how everyone scolded us for years to trade some of our shiny forwards for Dmen, and now that it looks like this is going to happen, they are mocking us for doing the thing they have been pleading with us to do for forever.

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

2013: "Oilers are so small and weak, they NEED Lucic, give up everything oyu have"
2016:"LOL Lucic LOLOLOL"

Ill wait and see the $ to see if its bad, but honestly knowing Chiarelli hes going to swing this for cheap. Oilers will give Lucic a NMC (we are able) and get a big discount

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I have no idea what Chia's plan is. All I know is that adding Lucic and subtracting nothing makes this forward group very weird. Without trading anything, could go like this?

Hall - Drai - Maroon
Lucic - McDavid - Ebs
Pouliot - RNH - Puljujarvi

That gets one strong forechecker on every line, and protects Puljujarvi a bit too. I mean, chances are someone's getting moved out, but this is how I'd see the depth chart shaking out at the moment.

SPIRIT

Mar 12, 2014
oilers-2016-17.jpg

From Staple's Edmonton Journal article -- that right wing depth, woof, Yakupov!

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
oilers-2016-17.jpg

From Staple's Edmonton Journal article -- that right wing depth, woof, Yakupov!

We'll see what happens with Yak...one interesting tidbit that came out of today's Oilers Now was them talking about Chiarelli's sound bite regarding not being aware of any Yakupov trade request. Spector was certain that this tune change is due to Chiarelli seeing that there is absolutely no market for Yakupov, and rather than give him away for nothing is paving the road for the possibility that he will be back next year.

I could see it happen.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I swear man.... Rogers Place has a spell on it. 2 ufas verbally agreed to deals before July 1st. unreal

McDavids Temple

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Demers is a big get. Dude is west proven. Larsson and Hamonic.. good D but never know due to pathetic East.

Gunna be awesome. Now get a offensive D please. Barrie specifically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad