Rumor: Rumor & Proposals: Is this real life or is this fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
RNH has filled the 1C role admirably when we've had zero center depth in his first four seasons but right when we finally get him the help he needs so he can thrive in a 2C role, he gives us his worst season to date.

I know he has a lot of justifiable excuses for this past season but we did not get anything close to the season we needed from him. Surprised so many people choose the route of faith with RNH instead of expressing some level of doubt.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Nuge led our centres in TOI/G and EVTOI/G this year if I'm not mistaken. McLellan obviously does not see him as our 3C.

Nuge/McDavid/Drai were all within 20 seconds of each other at ES. Their ice time differences were marginal.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
It's interesting that he's meeting with other teams but only cities he is actually visiting are Vancouver and Edmonton.

Sorta seems like damage control at this point. Why would he play for a Central or Florida team if he's looking to be closer to family?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
On this team that's what he is. He's a good 2nd line C around the league I think. But McDavid and Drai are better. Edited my post to better clarify.

Thank you for the clarification, I didn't think you were one to go that route.

McDavid and Draisaitl are better offensive centers and will play ahead of them, if Nuge is kept, it's not awful because it gives you great center depth and he/Draisaitl could move to the wing.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
The problem with this logic is that on this team, Hall and Eberle are first line players. Nuge is a 3rd line C.

It's much easier to fill a 3C position than it is a 1st line W position.

Nuge is only a third line C if you actually think a 20-year-old with about 40 good games to his name in which he shot the lights out while riding shotgun with Hall (and who actually played his best hockey as a winger for Hall and said "3rd line C") is legit.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Nuge is only a third line C if you actually think a 20-year-old with about 40 good games to his name in which he shot the lights out while riding shotgun with Hall (and who actually played his best hockey as a winger for Hall and said "3rd line C") is legit.

I'm confused. Drai played as a center on that line with Hall and Purcell for basically all of those games. What team were you watching that Drai played wing?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
More low key off-season

Sign Jason Demers 6 years x 5.5 million per. Front load more than Sekeras, no NMC.

Mark Fayne + Nail Yakupov@1 mill retained to New Jersey for 2nd round pick (ouch, but we need to clear cap, they need to hit the cap floor).

Jason Garrison to EDM for Frank Musil (cap dump for Tampa to sign Stamkos)

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
The thing is with the injuries we're certain to face each season, it's more important to keep center depth than wing depth. If we deal Nuge and McDavid/Drai goes down with an injury this team is absolutely screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad