Rumor: Rumor and Proposals Thread | The Pou Has Hit The Fan, Something is up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
That's a bit steep for me. Basically it's a two year rental and then we likely cant afford him. RNH + Benson + 3rd is probably the most I'd offer.

Another winger with two years left on a value deal is Simmonds. Maybe Philly see's their window to win a few years away and would trade him for Puljujarvi. Sorry to the guy who hates me bringing Simmonds up. :D

Pacioretty McDavid Simmonds would rip the league apart and we could realistically afford it for the next two years, especially if Drai ends up getting a 2-3 year bridge deal.

RNH + for Pacioretty

Puljujarvi (maybe a small +) for Simmonds

Maroon for Sobotka

Pacioretty McDavid Simmonds
Lucic Drai Strome
Caggiula Sobotka Kassian
Khaira Letestu Slepyshev

That's only 31 million + whatever Drai gets for next year. We had better win at least 1 cup in the next two years if that went down. Maybe the cap goes up and we can retain 1 of Simmonds/Patches in 2019, or maybe Yamamoto or other cheaper options emerge and we don't miss a beat. Should be an interesting few days.

^pass the reefer this way please. :silly:

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Sakic calls and offers Rantanen+Barrie for Draisaitl. Do you do it?

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Simmonds would be an absolute dream, one of my favorite players in the league. I bet you he's as close to untouchable as you can get though

Probably, but Philly is still a few years away and might not want to commit for 7-8 years and 7-8 mil on a winger when they'll have a bunch of young guys needing money in those years. For the Oilers it's basically a win now move, but might hurt in the future if Puljujarvi lives up to his potential.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
Personally I think these Pouliot and Eberle moves are as much about culture and the room as they are about money and "cap savings". Sometimes moving out a problem in a room is worth just as much to that rooms success going forward as adding cap space. I played on plenty of teams, one or two of which where a guy or two weren't pulling their weight. It was a silent cancer eating away at everyone. Now we weren't getting paid $6 /$4 million and my coach didn't have a cap to worry about, but if we did I only suspect that would compound things... that's my theory.

I don't think it will be hard to pick up a better contributor than Pouliot for $2.5 mil that the Oil saves...

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Personally I think these Pouliot and Eberle moves are as much about culture and the room as they are about money and "cap savings". Sometimes moving out a problem in a room is worth just as much to that rooms success going forward as adding cap space. I played on plenty of teams, one or two of which where a guy or two weren't pulling their weight. It was a silent cancer eating away at everyone. Now we weren't getting paid $6 /$4 million and my coach didn't have a cap to worry about, but if we did I only suspect that would compound things... that's my theory.

I don't think it will be hard to pick up a better contributor than Pouliot for $2.5 mil that the Oil saves...

We have actually ZERO reason to think either player, but especially Pouliot, was a "problem in the room".

This is the kind of nonsensical fan-fiction that this board needs to start purging.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

Rantanen is a 20 year old left shot RW who is 6'4" and over 210 Ilbs, coming off of a 20 goal campaign on a mess of an Avs team. Slot him in with McDavid and you're laughing. Barrie would help immensely on the PP and on the right side. I would definitely think about it if I were Chia

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Yeah can't really talk about "cancers in the locker room".

It is funny though - how many players are even on the roster from before the Chiarelli era? Drai, Klef, Sleppy and Nuge?

Pouliot is a guy that has a pretty great skill set, but man, he's been through a lot of teams. Wears out his welcome one way or another.

Oilyveins97*

Jun 11, 2017
Manitoba
Sakic calls and offers Rantanen+Barrie for Draisaitl. Do you do it?

No, absolutly not.

Simmonds + Couturier + Gudas for Draisiatl + Nurse. That would interest me

Caggiula-Mcdavid-Simmonds
Lucic-RNH-Puljijarvi
Maroon-Couturier-Strome
Khaira-Letestu-Kassian
Slepyshev

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Gudas
Russell-Benning

That would make us incredibly balanced

(Ya ya I know, I'm dreaming)

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Rantanen is a 20 year old left shot RW who is 6'4" and over 210 Ilbs, coming off of a 20 goal campaign on a mess of an Avs team. Slot him in with McDavid and you're laughing. Barrie would help immensely on the PP and on the right side. I would definitely think about it if I were Chia

Barrie is abysmal on the powerplay. He does most of his scoring at evens. Trouble is the other teams on the ice tend to score a lot too. Not interested at all.

Hard no. Rantanen is a nice piece but not close to worth Drai.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
No, absolutly not.

Simmonds + Couturier + Gudas for Draisiatl + Nurse. That would interest me

Caggiula-Mcdavid-Simmonds
Lucic-RNH-Puljijarvi
Maroon-Couturier-Strome
Khaira-Letestu-Kassian
Slepyshev

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Gudas
Russell-Benning

That would make us incredibly balanced

(Ya ya I know, I'm dreaming)

The flyers fan in me is yelling me for this but if drai and nurse are involved I'd want to swap counts out for konecny.

Simmonds, konecny, ghost
For
Drai, nurse+ would be my nhl17 wet dream. Hahaha

Feb 9, 2013
nuge to montreal for weber

heard it here first

obvs other pieces. just a gut feeling

I don't know why this makes sense... please explain, from a Canadiens standpoint. It would be a dream to have Weber on the Oilers. His cap hit is almost eight-million - I believe until he is 40. That is a lot of coin, but minus Nuge and the recent buyout, and 'we' still come out ahead money wise.

I know it will not happen, but I am excited by the thought of:

Klefbom Weber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad