Rumor: Rumor and Proposals Thread | The Pou Has Hit The Fan, Something is up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Burke: Good afternoon Pat. As I mentioned we are interested in looking at adding you....you're probably looking at 2 years at 3-4 per year but Brad still has to look at it. ...Is that something you'd be interested in?
Sharp: Yes....actually...I think it could be a good fit. I have a few other teams but I think we can work something out for sure.
Burke: Have the Oilers contacted you?
Sharp: No...actu-
*click*

:handclap:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Burke: Good afternoon Pat. As I mentioned we are interested in looking at adding you....you're probably looking at 2 years at 3-4 per year but Brad still has to look at it. ...Is that something you'd be interested in?
Sharp: Yes....actually...I think it could be a good fit. I have a few other teams but I think we can work something out for sure.
Burke: Have the Oilers contacted you?
Sharp: No...actu-
*click*

:laugh: go back a bit and have their social media intern / head scout summon Burke via BurkeSymbol (untied tie and anime hair) and it's perfect .

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
If that was a move that happened I quit seriously, absolutely brutal lol

I mean we all joke about trading Drai if he asks too much, but considering that Chia isn't the best at getting value I'd just as soon pay Drai than trade him.

If we trade him to ****ing Colorado I don't care what we get back, he should be fired on the spot.

Messier11

May 9, 2016
I think there are two paths you have to look at. One where Draisaitl plays RW, and one where he plays C.

I'd suggest we play him at centre all year. In that case we need to look at signing a scoring RW. Someone who can rifle the puck. You need to look at Vrbata (55 points last year), Vanek (48 points last year), and Williams (48 points last year).

Marleau plays C/LW but did put up the most goals of any UFA with 26 last season. Could he slot into a RW role?

I'd be happy with any of these players playing RW for us. RNH has shown he really lacks the offensive instincts to be playing on a real scoring threat line. I don't think we can afford two, can we? Perhaps with the Pouliot buyouts it's possible. Maybe just one, and Beauchemin? Or Markov if we can afford it? I know it says we have a LOT of cap space right now but other people are saying due to bonuses and other issues, we have a lot less. I don't know the truth myself.

I would go with Vanek honestly. He won't be expensive, and signing him would allow you to probably sign Marleau as well. Williams seems to be a hot commodity and rightfully so, but I think Vanek would excel playing with McDavid/Draisaitl rather than his linemates in Detroit/Florida.

Marleau-McDavid-Slepyshev
Lucic-Draisaitl-Vanek
Maroon-RNH-Strome
Caggiula-Letestu-Kassian

Your 1st line is all speedsters. Marleau and Slepyshev can keep up with Davo and both can wire the puck.

The second line is slower and more methodical. Draisaitl and Lucic worked well together, and adding a pure sniper onto that line would be dangerous.

Honestly I think we need a puck moving defenceman more than any forward, although that might be an impossibility at this point.

Been reading through this entire thread in one shot and so far, this is the best line combo I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad