Rumor: Rumor and Proposals Thread | Filppula and Halak anyone? | 20 Hours Left.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
how about this DD has been brought in because Nuge is going to the NYI tomorrow?

See this is what I'm thinking is going down. Someone is paying up to get RNH. Might even be Philly with Couturier and Read or something similar.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Anyone else laugh on Letestu's goal, RNH turns to hug McDavid first for the assist instead of Letestu :laugh:

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
How about this? DD was brought in because the Oilers were known to be looking for depth at C.

If we wanted depth why didn't we get a 2nd/3rd line tweener like Bozak? Desharnais is a faster more gritty Sam Gagner. Not exactly the ideal 3rd liner.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
He will be in the lineup in the same fashion as Reinhart. Experiment that for a year to finally realize we lost the trade

Basically.

Isn't he a UFA?

It's like trading for a 2nd round pick whose crapshoot potential you can activate immediately.

If no dice you open a roster spot.

Edit; I think it works. A playmaker who can play with pouliot/whoever and actually won't hate playing in the bottom six I don't think.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Every year people make up rumors during the TDL about some big names with term being moved, yet every year it's just UFA rentals, draft picks and prospects being moved around. Playoff teams don't want to mess with the chemistry that got them to where they are and only want to tinker with the lineup for the extra push. Anyone hoping for a RNH or Eberle trade tomorrow is going to be disappointed.

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
If we wanted depth why didn't we get a 2nd/3rd line tweener like Bozak? Desharnais is a faster more gritty Sam Gagner. Not exactly the ideal 3rd liner.

The cost.

The asking price for Lazar is a 1st round pick right now

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Derek Ryan is cheap but he's not a good defensive centre.

I'd much rather have Fehr... experienced... good size... decent speed... right shot. Would be a decent depth addition.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Whats the asking price on Derek Ryan though? Definitely some cheap defensively minded centers around...

The rumblings were that Ryan wasn't really available, because they didn't want to give him away for basically free.

Essentially he has more value to them playing then he does in a deal.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
what do u guys think about claiming Eric fehr? Maybe try him on the 3rd line, before he went to pits he put up some good numbers. I want to say 20 gaols

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
what do u guys think about claiming Eric fehr? Maybe try him on the 3rd line, before he went to pits he put up some good numbers. I want to say 20 gaols

No no no no.

He has an extra year making more than Hendricks. We need to move on from the overpaid bottom 6 forwards. We also have a bunch of young guys pushing. Makes 0 sense. I'll be pissed if we claim him.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
So 7-3-1...

Draisaitl
Eberle
Lucic
Nuge
Maroon
Letestu
Kassian

Larsson
Klefbom
Sekera

Talbot

Exempt

McDavid
Pulju
Nurse
Benning

Really no one of consequence going to be lost tbh

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
So 7-3-1...

Draisaitl
Eberle
Lucic
Nuge
Maroon
Letestu
Kassian

Larsson
Klefbom
Sekera

Talbot

Exempt

McDavid
Pulju
Nurse
Benning

Really no one of consequence going to be lost tbh

Vegas can take Reinhart right? I think that's who they will take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad