Rumor: Rumor and Proposals Thread | Filppula and Halak anyone? | 20 Hours Left.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I'm not sure Filppula makes sense between his salary and mandatory protection. The type of player fits though.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I'm not sure Filppula makes sense between his salary and mandatory protection. The type of player fits though.

Like I said in the other thread, if he waives his NMC, it becomes void unless the team he get's traded to wants to honor it. Don't know if Chia would or not TBH.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Like I said in the other thread, if he waives his NMC, it becomes void unless the team he get's traded to wants to honor it. Don't know if Chia would or not TBH.
Right, but if Edmonton won't honor it after the trade, he doesn't need to waive it for the trade itself.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Who are you worried about exposing?

I guess if they go 7-3 they'd have enough room? I just have a feeling Filppula would be a much better acquisition as a rental. I don't like that contract at all. Maybe retention would play a part.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Protect Letestu leave off Kassian.

I think Vegas is smart enough to know Kassian should not be living in Vegas.

True enough but I don't think LV would have interest in Letestu either. Maybe Khaira should be protected?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The Oilers aren't protecting Brandon Davidson for the expansion draft, full stop, if they add Filuppla (which would be great, imo) they can still basically protect everyone, they would have to choose between Letestu and Kassian.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I guess if they go 7-3 they'd have enough room? I just have a feeling Filppula would be a much better acquisition as a rental. I don't like that contract at all. Maybe retention would play a part.

Knowing Chia, he'd be asking for retention. Like he did to Anaheim for Maroon. Can't see him coming for his full hit.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

Of course they would. Since Stauffer speculated Edmonton would be interested in Vrbata, Calgary has to come swooping in and take the guys we want.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Ya if the Oilers aren't bringing in another dman... there's really no issues with losing someone "good" amongst the forwards.

They'll lose someone like Pouliot/Kassian/Letestu/Pitlick/Khaira... none of whom would be massive losses... although I'd certainly like to hang onto the final four of those... but every team has to lose something.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
The Oilers aren't protecting Brandon Davidson for the expansion draft, full stop, if they add Filuppla (which would be great, imo) they can still basically protect everyone, they would have to choose between Letestu and Kassian.

Davidson could very well be part of the deal for a TB center anyways. I'd protect Khaira over Kassian and Letestu.

Johnson would be ideal. Adds speed and a RH shot. Filpulla isn't a bad option either and could help with Puljujarvi being Finnish and all.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Filppula to replace RNH on the 3C

RNH(4yr)+Davidson for Duchene(2yr).

Acquire the PMD in the offseason.

Maroon-McDavid-Drai
Lucic-Duchene-Ebs
Slepy-Filppula-Kassian

Now our top 9 don't look too bad

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Davidson could very well be part of the deal for a TB center anyways. I'd protect Khaira over Kassian and Letestu.

Johnson would be ideal. Adds speed and a RH shot. Filpulla isn't a bad option either and could help with Puljujarvi being Finnish and all.

Of course he would, but costs being what they might be, Filppula is likely a better target that way, he also comes with an absolute mountain of Playoff experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad