ATD: Rules - Discussion - Trades Thread

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
First I wanted to Say thank you all for joining, and let’s hope this run’s well and efficiently. This is the post I’ll make for rules, this thread will also be used for discussions and trades. Just tag me in the trade post and I’ll go in and update it.

1. This draft will have 33 rounds. The format will be the following:

Coaching Staff:
1 HC
1 OC
1 DC

Offence:

QB
RB
WR
WR
WR
TE
LT
LG
C
RG
RT
Util
Util
Util

Defence: (going to use a base 4-3, but you can change it on your roster.)

RE
DT
DT
LE
OLB
MLB
OLB
CB
CB
FS
SS
Util
Util
Util

Special Teams:
1 Kicker
1 Punter.

2. Out of position players. You can draft someone like Von Miller to play a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 OLB, as they have shown they can play both positions. Drafting someone like Ray Lewis to put him on Edge or Troy P to play Field Corner, is simply not allowed. If you want to draft an OOP player and put him at a position, but you think it can fit. We will need a brief explanation. Like Tyron smith has been a majority LT his entire career, but he played RT his rookie year and I believe he would’ve made a pretty good RT in his entire career, as he was good his rookie season. Can’t be something outlandish like they do with Madden Ultimate team where I can have JJ Watt play TE.

3. If you draft Eli Manning, I am deleting your team.

4. Time slots for the draft are follows: (Draft Start Date, is July 5th 2023. Picks can come in earlier. Downtime will be midnight Eastern Time, until 9am Eastern time picks can happen then, but the clock won’t be running. BUT if you get on the clock at 6pm eastern time, and don’t pick. You won’t get a fresh clock when down time is done. It will continue.)

12 hours for round 1-2
10 hours for 3-10
8 for 11-14
6 hours for 15-20
4 hours for the rest.

5. You can only make pick swap trades. They have to be an even amount of picks going back and forth. For example, GKJ 1+4 for Hasbros 2+3, is allowed. GKJ 1 for Hasbro 2+3. Not allowed. Just tagged me in the trade post, so I can go in and update the draft rounds.

6. As of right now, the person who drafts the best team will be decided by the following: Everyone will send me (Tony Romo.) Their rankings of every team excluding their own. So if you have GKJ team first, a first place ranking will be worth 12, 2nd place worth 11, 3rd place worth 10th and so forth. Since we have an odd number of teams, that team that collects the least amount of points will be eliminated, and will essentially create a bracket between the 1-12 teams to vote on. (I may try to see if I can get 3 people from the football forum to rank the teams as well.)

7. There will be a winner at the end, so the point is to draft the BEST TEAM POSSIBLE. You want to draft Eli Manning over Dan Marino because Eli has more rings? Don’t get mad when people vote you down because you drafted what most people would consider the 50th best QB of all time over Dan Marino.

8. For the Roster thread, make sure you write a brief summary of your team. Especially as there are 3 util spots on offense and 3 on defense to explain how you plan on using those extra players. You can draft 3 DTs or 3 TEs, there isnt a rule to how you use the Util spots, just explain how you will use these extra players

9.You will not be dinged on drafting a HC as a OC or DC. So you can draft Andy Reid to be your OC.

Last edited:
Reactions: LT

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I can make a Google spreadsheet to keep track of picks/rosters.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I'm feeling insanely lazy tonight, so I'll get the picks updated with the correct numbers tomorrow. Kinda happy about my pick. So many different ways to go.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
I actually don't think this is easy. I think a lot of people have convinced themselves (or been convinced), but if this is gonna be Brady it still puts an astronomical value on team wins.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I’m interested to see how people view QBs. Feel like the top 3 is obvious. After that comes down to preference imo

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Clock officially starts tomorrow, I know Holden said he was moving this week. So chances are, that pick will be delayed.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Was thinking about this, we probably could never get enough. but a college football one of these would be super dope.

• Love

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think if I had #1, I would've gone with him. Don't know if it's recency bias, but that's what I would've done.
I would’ve gone Brady 1. I was curious where Mahomes would fall, kinda wanted to see it for myself because I just don’t know if the difference between 2-13 is so great to have to get there so quick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad