3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
This team proved something last night. They're different than the last 2 years. WSH is washed up but Rangers had a knack of playing down. They're not giving in this time. I'm feeling awkwardly positive going against anyone after finally doing what they couldn't do in nearly 2 decades... make a series short.

Carolina series is going to be a roll of the dice assuming all keeps going as it is. Hopefully the Islanders, who have been really close all three games, can get a game or two.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Ovie scored a lot in the second half but he's just not the same player he use to be and he doesn't have a Backstrom or Kuznetsov quality center and it shows on the power play. The Caps power play use to be lethal and he had the big shot but the other components were a lot more dangerous too and now it's not much of an issue to shut him down. They're a team in transition and after a bad first half of the season Carberry got them back in the picture by focusing not so much on scoring goals but on not giving them up and then their power play did surge. It doesn't help that their defense is all banged up though but they're use to low scoring games now. They check and clog up their net front. Low event hockey. When teams do that they tend to keep the scores down but against more creative offensive teams they're at a real disadvantage if they don't have a top notch goalie.

Reactions: egelband

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
On the subject of attrition in the playoffs. I think we should operate under the assumption that the longer a team's playoff run lasts the more banged up that team probably is going to be. That is why depth is important and another reason why getting through a series as quickly as possible is important. It gives players time to rest and recuperate if they're not seriously injured. One should expect though that at least a couple players aren't going to make it all the way. The Rangers have a number of players that we can insert if a player goes down. Even the way Quick has played gives me confidence that our goaltending is going to be really good regardless. In playoffs teams just play a lot harder and players get hurt. Attrition also though is something that works both ways......and in the case of the Caps who already had two important defensemen out even before the series started adding TVR to the list would just exacerbate things for them. They don't have quality depth replacements for them. It's not to say that McIlrath and Johansen have been terrible but it's not optimal for them.

Looking ahead at the Canes now.....Pesce is banged up and hasn't played the last couple games. DeAngelo has been in for him. Pesce is just a much better D and it will be interesting to see if he starts the series against us. Tony will be a weak link on their D if Pesce is still out. Jesper Fast is done for the year.

rangerlp

May 24, 2012
Pre-interview...

GLuOk83XAAE5og9.jpg

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Panarin seems to be defended by 2 or 3 guys as soon as he touches the puck. Defenders go right to him and try to not give him room to operate
smart players can use that ... someone must be open. Don't hold onto the puck, Bread. Especially don't dipsy-doodle near the blue line when tightly covered. Time to dish!

Reactions: bl02

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
I just wonder if Drury and co. will call the league or have called the league to get a gauge on what is going to happen here with Rempe because this is honestly getting concerning. Two clean hits in this series have sent him to the box, whereas if nine other players make the same hit, it's deemed a hockey hit. Charging in game one? Lol. Interference in game three? LMAO. And thank God Laviolette isn't some clown like Torts or else this kid wouldn't be up here anymore. The psychological effect this kid has on the opposition is similar to the one Avery had on the opposition.

EDIT: 17-2-1 now with Rempe in the lineup.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Nobody is ruining my victory lap so don't even try.

I read about stupid Tampa Bay in EVERY GDT and they might not even win a game.

You will deservedly feel my wrath.
I’m sorry, what f***ing victory lap? Detroit and Philadelphia didn’t make it. Isles, Caps are the same 0:3? TBL is still the most dangerous among these dregs. What am I missing?

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Zib is having himself a nice series.

The Rempe hit was a bad call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad