Pre-Game Talk: Round 2 matchup

Devils or Rags

• Total voters

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
Hello all giving a quick snippet of something that may be of our advantage. Everyone has been saying our goalies are not high caliber and etc, etc. IMO, it doesn't matter if your goalie is elite or not. What matters mainly is the goalies record in their careers for the team they're facing. I found this info for Andersen and Raanta vs NJ and thought I'd post it here.

Frederick Andersen is 7-2 vs NJ with a 2.11 GAA (last game against them was with Toronto) and a .934 save percentage:

Anti Raanta is 8-0-1 with a GAA of 2.40 with a .909 save percentage vs Devils (includes his win vs them this season)

Received from: Frederick Andersen Vs Nj | StatMuse
and Anti Raanta Vs Nj | StatMuse

So this tells me history is on our side vs the Devils.

I'm not going to predict whom wins the series because I don't want to jinx anything. If Carolina plays NJ like we did in the 4 games this season we'll be fine.

I'm also reading that NJ fans are saying Carolina is slower than NJ. Carolina is not a slow team. We won't be out skated like the Rangers were. Carolina will not have a problem with NJ's speed. Never did during the regular season.

I expect this series to go at least 6. I'd be surprised if either team swept.

Devils have the advantage because they have a healthy roster and we're down 3 of our top 6 but if we have someone like Stastny step up for us this round and if Burns, Necas and Kotkaniemi get going I and if Aho and Jarvis can still contribute this round I like our chances.

It's the playoffs and anybody can beat anybody.

Looking forward to this series. The Isles were a physical team and we got through them. I expect this series to be a track meet. More of a series that Carolina as a whole likes to play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad