Pre-Game Talk: Round 2 matchup

Devils or Rags

• Total voters

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Hope the boys enjoy their well-earned break :)

IMG_4167.JPG

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Now now its not all that serious
Serious or not, I remember after Meier was traded, you said something to the effect of that Carolina should've been willing to give up more for Meier and you kept making posts saying as much.

I'm not sure what your angle is with continuing to post on our board since I assume you're a Meier fan 1st, and now New Jersey fan 2nd based on your posts so far; along with your avatar of Meier playing for team Switzerland.

Reactions: StorminSnvechnAho

NHL Fanatik

Off the Naughty List
Mar 1, 2023
circa 2011
Serious or not, I remember after Meier was traded, you said something to the effect of that Carolina should've been willing to give up more for Meier and you kept making posts saying as much.

I'm not sure what your angle is with continuing to post on our board since I assume you're a Meier fan 1st, and now New Jersey fan 2nd based on your posts so far; along with your avatar of Meier playing for team Switzerland.
Im a Devils fan first Meier is just the new toy (plus Hischier is in there) and ive posted on most teams boards over the years. There is no angle I just like to talk other teams sometimes

There isnt a game tonight between us so I dont see the issue, I can understand on game nights staying away from an opposing teams board

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Im a Devils fan first Meier is just the new toy (plus Hischier is in there) and ive posted on most teams boards over the years. There is no angle I just like to talk other teams sometimes

There isnt a game tonight between us so I dont see the issue, I can understand on game nights staying away from an opposing teams board
Fair enough, but it's not often we have fans of other teams post on our board when they seem to not like/pull for our team (mostly they troll); so I wasn't sure. We've had some people with Carolina as their 2nd or 3rd team post on here though.

NHL Fanatik

Off the Naughty List
Mar 1, 2023
circa 2011
Fair enough, but it's not often we have fans of other teams post on our board when they seem to not like/pull for our team (mostly they troll); so I wasn't sure. We've had some people with Carolina as their 2nd or 3rd team post on here though.
I wont say I dont make negative comments about every team (especially divisional teams) but thats also strictly in the NJ board or the main board; I can say one thing about Carolina thats negative but then come over here and discuss Aho or maybe coaching or the injuries.

I can see how some take that as trolling but its just one big message board after all; I treat the main board and team boards almost as different forums in a way.

For the record I had yall second in the league before the season started, also before the injuries of course. I just didnt have Boston 1 lol, thought that was gonna be Dallas tbh

Reactions: NotOpie and DaveG

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Whoever we face, the team is going to need a lot more out of Kotkaniemi and Necas to have a chance. They weren't good in the first round. Both eye test and statistically, they, along with Noesen, were two of our worst forwards for the series, both offensively and defensively. Noesen at least contributed on the PP.

StrmSurge

Skol!
Mar 19, 2019
Salem, SC
Rangers please. I don't want anything easy because I actually believe we are the best team in the NHL when pumping on all cyclinders, the most well rounded. We have a lot of guys that can play multiple roles, it is always amazing to me how Aho's stats don't reflect how important he is to this team tho. He is the nucleus, he is an all star, even if the stats don't match up.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The Rangers have a high ceiling, but their floor opens the door for the Canes. It can be a slog for them to score 5v5 at times even with all that talent. Case in point, they did lose 3 times in the series last year, scoring just 3 goals total in those games. Games 3-5 against New Jersey represents another example.

New Jersey’s speed concerns me from a stylistic perspective.

Canes are the (heavy) underdog in either series, of course. The outcome of the season is already a success under the unfortunate circumstances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad