ROUND 2: Hawks beat Wild to win series 4-2, advance to 4th WCF in 6 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I think we're capable of beating Anaheim and Los Angeles so anything short of that will be a disappointment. However, repeating as champs is INCREDIBLY difficult. Winning a cup is hard enough but to do it twice is all the more difficult.

Before the season started I figured that the Hawks would simply be too exhausted come playoff time to win another cup. Condensed lockout season + Deep Playoff run + 82 game season + Olympics is a lot of hockey.

I'd be pretty upset if we don't win the cup this year but it won't be as devastating as the PHX/VAN playoff exits

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
I think we're capable of beating Anaheim and Los Angeles so anything short of that will be a disappointment. However, repeating as champs is INCREDIBLY difficult. Winning a cup is hard enough but to do it twice is all the more difficult.

Before the season started I figured that the Hawks would simply be too exhausted come playoff time to win another cup. Condensed lockout season + Deep Playoff run + 82 game season + Olympics is a lot of hockey.

I'd be pretty upset if we don't win the cup this year but it won't be as devastating as the PHX/VAN playoff exits

*Shudder*

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
LOL remember that PHX fan's GDT from last year? Where the Hawks and their fans were still afraid of them. : )

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Now that I think about it, we can't talk about stupid chants. "Detroit Sucks" being chanted when they're not even playing Detroit is the dumbest thing on the planet.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Now that I think about it, we can't talk about stupid chants. "Detroit Sucks" being chanted when they're not even playing Detroit is the dumbest thing on the planet.

I thought it was funny in 09 after we beat Vancouver and it started right away.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013

Didn't like hearing it at the 2013 stanley cup celebration but if I have to hear it at another stanley cup celebration this year I suppose it's not the worst thing in the world to have to deal with.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
Didnt get to watch the game until late last night, still can't believe we won it. The Wild just absolutely took it to us and Crawford was unbelievable. Those last 4 games the Hawks seemed under siege and couldn't seem to sustain any pressure at all but the fact that we grinded out two close games and Crawdaddy was off the charts was a real testament to this teams experience and mental toughness. Hopefully hawks can play better in the WCF.

Sharp needs to watch some old playoff games that he scored in, in hopes of getting him going again. Toews n Kane have saved us and really need production from him and the bottom 6.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
On balance you have to admit Minn outlawed us in the series because they played their A game...the best of their will and talent whilst we played under our top form and with plenty of lapses of will and effort..We seemed incapable of giving top effort in every period....often stinking to high heaven at least one period a game. ...sometimes more....never did we sustain dominance except for very few short bursts occasionally..If you were losing coach for Minn you could hardly criticize your team for top effort and for actually achieving most objectives...except of course for failing to win the series...but if you are Q. ...despite the Hawks taking the series 4-2, you know your team did not play to its potential...you know certain players who failed to show up and you cannot be satisfied...the mighty has been removed from the Blackhawks. ..you expect better from all this alleged talent.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
Now one positive in the Sharp struggles is at least these past few games he is starting to get chances

In 1st round he was completely MIA

Even with his chances though he handles the puck like a hand grenade, fumbles with it when he enters the Wild zone and why he's trying to deke Bryz I'll never know, just rip it he's a shooter not a dangler.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Thats the beauty with the Hawks. One or two or three of the big 4 can have off games or series. Hard to keep all four down not to mention the other 8 forwards a dmen.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
On balance you have to admit Minn outlawed us in the series because they played their A game...the best of their will and talent whilst we played under our top form and with plenty of lapses of will and effort..We seemed incapable of giving top effort in every period....often stinking to high heaven at least one period a game. ...sometimes more....never did we sustain dominance except for very few short bursts occasionally..If you were losing coach for Minn you could hardly criticize your team for top effort and for actually achieving most objectives...except of course for failing to win the series...but if you are Q. ...despite the Hawks taking the series 4-2, you know your team did not play to its potential...you know certain players who failed to show up and you cannot be satisfied...the mighty has been removed from the Blackhawks. ..you expect better from all this alleged talent.

Quite true, also true is that the same could have been said in last years PO's in the first half dozen games or so ... up until they turned up the wick against Wings. They will need to do the same this time around. Is it in them, is the question?

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Sharp in the Hawks big runs in 09, 10, 13 had 28 goals in 62 games. He's got 2 in 12 right now. He's gotta push through and give us more.

Fun fact: Patrick Kane had 2 goals at this point of the playoffs last season.

And this is just mean
9a7cb340-db7f-11e3-bfad-5bb0cec83d2b_Screen-Shot-2014-05-14-at-11-50-32-AM.png

Sharp1024*

These GIF's you guys have in your back pocket are remarkable.

Well played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad