ROUND 2: Hawks beat Wild to win series 4-2, advance to 4th WCF in 6 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enforcinator*

Am I right in saying the earliest Round 2 can start would be Thursday?

Would be nice to give the boys a little rest... but not TOO much.

Last edited by a moderator:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
My guess would be Friday, as that'd give the game sevens that are played on Wednesday (if any are needed) a night off.

Enforcinator*

My guess would be Friday, as that'd give the game sevens that are played on Wednesday (if any are needed) a night off.

Good point... would be better for ratings too.

I just becamse the world's biggest Wild fan.

However, after the end of this series I am not really scared of anyone other than the SHarks. Hoping for a repeat of 2010 with a sweep in the CF.

sunsoutgunsout

#redacted
Jan 14, 2013
Good point... would be better for ratings too.

I just becamse the world's biggest Wild fan.

However, after the end of this series I am not really scared of anyone other than the SHarks. Hoping for a repeat of 2010 with a sweep in the CF.

I don't really give a ****. The Hawks can steamroll either team. I'm not worried about who wins the other series.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Last nights loss for Minnesota was really unfortunate. The Wild obviously are the preferred next round opponent but the 'lanche caught a break w/ that offsides no call ...

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Said the Avs scared me 100x more than the Blues back in March and that still hasn't changed

Hawks will be in very tough to win one in Colorado

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Avs to me aren't as scary as the Blues- just a different kind of scary. The problem with the Avs is GD Varly... dude is a wall against Chicago.

abt424

Apr 4, 2012
Austin
If it's the Avs, they definitely are going to be a tough out.

It just seems they know how to play the Hawks.

That said, they haven't looked nearly as explosive as they did in the regular season. They still are a young team and the weight of the playoffs could cause them to make mistakes.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I'm not sure what to make of Colorado. They've had the Hawks number. But the Hawks are different team in April/May than in the regular season. Whoever they get, they get.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I'm not scared of a bottom 5 possession team in a 7 game series, no. Varly can steal a bunch of one off regular season games but he'll be hard pressed to do that in a series with this team.

As for game days, there are 2 NBC games next weekend, 1 Saturday and 1 Sunday. I suspect the Hawks will play 1, with the other being the Atlantic matchup. So they'll either play game 1 Friday with game 2 Sunday in that slot or play game 1 Saturday before the Derby. I'm hoping for Fri-Sun, have a bachelor party next weekend and will be golfing Saturday afternoon.

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
I do hope the Avalanche & Wild go to a 7th game. It doesn't really matter which team the Hawks face as both will be tough apponents. Either team will be somewhat tired if they go the 7 games and the Avs have problems on defense but very explosive on the offense. The Wild are a good team but not quite as explosive on the offense a are the Avs and of course the Wild are weaker in net. No matter which team they face, they must keep playing like they have the last couple of games against the Blues except they need to stay out of the penalty box.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
I'm not scared of a bottom 5 possession team in a 7 game series, no. Varly can steal a bunch of one off regular season games but he'll be hard pressed to do that in a series with this team.

It's weird because I'm usually a very stats-based person. I know that the Hawks trounce them in possession stats in every way. But I can't shake the feeling that their speed and their goaltending will be give the Hawks all kinds of trouble.

I still think the Hawks will come out on top, but the Avs have been the team I've most wanted to avoid all year.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Varlomov has been a brick wall against us, that is my greatest concern. Hopefully it ends up like Quick last year and we solve him. Of course the Wild coming back and winning the series is a better option.

Your Reality Check

Nov 11, 2013
Chicago
Very simple. Beat the Avs and you're going back to the SCF. The Kings, Sharks and Ducks can't beat the Hawks in a best of 7. The Avs were the biggest challenge for the Hawks in the West heading into these playoffs.

That said, no reason they can't beat them. Think about it logically. The Hawks outshot and outchanced the Avs in every single game they played vs them this season. I'm not 100% sure on this one but they might of even had at least 40 shots in every game vs them.

They can skate with the Hawks so every mistake they make vs these guys they tend to capitalize on. But at the end of the day, it was Varlamov who won most of the games for them. Don't see that holding up in a Best of 7 with everything on the line.

Hawks in 6 over the Avs.

Hawks in 5 over the Wild.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Howard, Quick, Rask, Miller

The "brick wall" goalie is quickly becoming the "playoff hockey/physical team" 2.0 myth

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I really think the series against the Blues in the first round was a blessing in disguise. You can totally tell this team is amped up right now. They unleashed the swagger in that third period.

Why should we as fans be afraid of any team? The Hawks are the champs; they should be afraid of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad