ROUND 2: Hawks beat Wild to win series 4-2, advance to 4th WCF in 6 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

backesoff

Mar 14, 2014
It is getting really old having to say congrats to the Hawks. :naughty: At least this Blues fan can respect the team. Why the Blues ever let Coach Q walk is a mystery to me. Good luck in round three.

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
I think it was more the matchup than anything on the Hawks side of things. The Wild are really frustrating to play against. They have the skill to carry the play at times, but they also have a good defensive system that doesn't let you get clean looks or a lot of space to show your skill. They really pressured the D hard and didn't allow for a clean transition game. I'm actually encourged after this series because it forced the Hawks to win "dirty". It didn't help either with Shaw being out, our bottom 6 didn't chip in offensively. And we still took it in 6 games.

True that.

I haven't even thought about Shaw, but he is pretty important to this team. He's really become a big part of the PP (as bad as it is). I hope with these extra few days, he's able to get himself ready for the WCF. We're going to need him.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Chicago Blackhawks ‏@NHLBlackhawks 15m
8 Blackhawks postseason wins. Which means 8 Blackhawks game-winners. Kane and Toews have 7 of them. #ShowtimeIndeed #BecauseItsTheCup

And here comes Paul Fenton again.. "See I told you that Toews and Kane are the only difference between the Hawks and us!!"

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
MFW Kane scored and ended the series

BnkkROJIYAAJVW9.jpg:large

And the Toews/Crawford bro love fest continues. :yo:

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I personally don't think the Hawks are that mentally exhausted. Physically? Yes, but that happens this time of year and they will get some much needed rest. I just think they were in such an emotional series against the Blues that they were bound for a down series, and with the style of play the Wild play and how hard they play, it was a bad matchup for the Hawks. Things will be different next series, and I think the Hawks have just as good of a shot to win this as any other team.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Just because I am in a good mood...

Crawwwwwwwwfffffoooooooorrrrrrrdddddd.

I think the UC needs to adopt that chant. It certainly doesn't hurt Crow. :laugh:

And now hopefully Shaw returns for the next series and gives the Hawks some much needed energy.

Agreed. Hopefully the California series goes seven to give him more time and let the rest of the guys recharge.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Amazing night. I think most of us expected the Hawks to win this series but we didn't expect the Wild to play as well as they did. I know i didn't. Great coaching by Yeo, great goaltending by Bryz, and the Wild's depth really came through. That team has a lot, A LOT of potential and i think they're going to be the 2nd best team in our division for a long time.

It's fitting that Kane got the OT winner. Dude is just a great player who becomes greater when he's needed to be.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Man, just imagine how good our team would be if Kane and Toews were game breakers like Duchene and Mackinnon. :sarcasm:

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I personally don't think the Hawks are that mentally exhausted. Physically? Yes, but that happens this time of year and they will get some much needed rest. I just think they were in such an emotional series against the Blues that they were bound for a down series, and with the style of play the Wild play and how hard they play, it was a bad matchup for the Hawks. Things will be different next series, and I think the Hawks have just as good of a shot to win this as any other team.

It is at these times that rolling 4 lines for most of the season pays off. I think Hawks in general have plenty in their tank, and the Shaw injury, assuming it isn't more serious than Hawks are letting on, could be a blessing. He likely needed a rest as much as anyone. The player that concerns me is Oduya. He looks tired to me.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
For such an educated and smart fan base, how nonsensical is it to mockingly chant the name of the goaltender who's largely the reason your team isn't winning the game. Smart. Keep chanting it all summer. Other than that, no ill will toward the Wild or their fan base. I went to school in Minnesota and have a lot of friends there, but that chant is dumber and more annoying than when Vancouver fans would yell "Louuuu" any time he made a save, even if it was just playing the puck on a long, slow dump in with no pressure. Dumb.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
For such an educated and smart fan base, how nonsensical is it to mockingly chant the name of the goaltender who's largely the reason your team isn't winning the game. Smart. Keep chanting it all summer. Other than that, no ill will toward the Wild or their fan base. I went to school in Minnesota and have a lot of friends there, but that chant is dumber and more annoying than when Vancouver fans would yell "Louuuu" any time he made a save, even if it was just playing the puck on a long, slow dump in with no pressure. Dumb.

I kinda enjoyed the chanting 'cause Crawford was having a good game before they started it, and he seemed to feed off of it as the game progressed. But, yeah, very dumb.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
How awesome was Regin last night? He indirectly contribute to both goals going hard to the net both times.

Kid needs a hard look at 2C.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I kinda enjoyed the chanting 'cause Crawford was having a good game before they started it, and he seemed to feed off of it as the game progressed. But, yeah, very dumb.

There could be something to that. I was more amused by it than anything. Your team is on its fifth goaltender and the one you're chanting about is owning you...not very logical. But hey, what do I know?

Wild had a hell of a series. They're a ***** to play against. Suffocating defensively, and they've got some offensive punch and some young guys who are good now and will probably get even better. This will be a learning experience for them, especially the younger guys. I consider them among the division competition along with St. Louis, Colorado, and Dallas. No disrespect to Nashville or Winnipeg (who also has some young guys on the way) but they aren't in the same class yet as far as playoff foes. This division is going to be a dogfight to come out of for the next few years.

I'm not overstating it or claiming the guy to be a star, but there's no reason for Regin to not have been in this playoff lineup all along. He belongs on it. Period.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Question for everyone... If we lose the next round, how would you say the season went overall?

I obviously want them to win a Cup every year, but my personal "I'll be good if" goal was making the Conference Final again.

I want more now that they're there, but if they compete and have a good, hard fought series and come out losing...I'll be disappointed but I'll be okay with it. Making the WCF a year after winning a Cup, let alone in a season such as this one with the Olympics and all, is a hell of an accomplishment. So if they go down in a tough series where they're competing and at least in the fight, my disappointment will ease quickly and I'll see this season as a success as much as one can be a success without a title.

I want to be in the Final again really bad now, though. One more series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad