Marlies GDT: Round 2, Game 3: Toronto @ Albany Devils 5pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Toronto seems to be less physical than Albany. Albany nearly payed for it with all the penalties they took but as the series goes on this may wear Toronto down. Albany would like to get OBrien and Zacha back.

LoneWolf

Dec 11, 2015
Connor Carrick was responsible for all three goals against, taking that dumb penalty at the end was the icing on the cake for Albany, I guess the universe has to make up for that hatrick he got in the last series. Him and Brennen are atrocious in their own end. Still baffled that Soshnikov gets scratched over a rookie who hasn't yet played pro on American ice. And that may very well be Percy's last game with the leafs organization, he was struggling to get off the ice.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
I'm curious as to why?

Unless Percy is hurt, he deserves to be in next game. Has been one of our best and most steady defenceman this series

I didn't watch the whole game, but I wasn't a fan from what I saw. You say he's steady, but I saw him get beat a couple times, and he doesnt really provide much offensively. Maybe he was better early in the game.

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
I didn't watch the whole game, but I wasn't a fan from what I saw. You say he's steady, but I saw him get beat a couple times, and he doesnt really provide much offensively. Maybe he was better early in the game.

Agree with the offense

But he's made the smart play 9/10 times and has the puck exit the zone. Have actually been pleasantly surprised by his performance

All that being said- injuries will be the end of this guy

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Connor Carrick was responsible for all three goals against, taking that dumb penalty at the end was the icing on the cake for Albany, I guess the universe has to make up for that hatrick he got in the last series. Him and Brennen are atrocious in their own end. Still baffled that Soshnikov gets scratched over a rookie who hasn't yet played pro on American ice. And that may very well be Percy's last game with the leafs organization, he was struggling to get off the ice.

pretty sure Soshnikov is dealing with something. He missed game 1 because of it as well.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We're not icing our best roster imo. This is round two, no more messing around... games are spaced two days apart now. Ughh

To be fair neither are we. JOB and Zacha out with injuries takes some bite out of our roster.

Still been an entertaining series. Would not be shocked to see this one go the distance.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
The top players need to show some nuts and allowing a single player 11 shots is disgusting. I just looked at the summary though.

There is to many 1 shot per game players.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON

Soshnikov has been dealing with an injury, if he was healthy he'doesn't be in.

Also Johnson is not the problem, he had great chemistry with Willie..

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
That final PP in the 3rd was amazing... Lappin wanted it and he worked for his puck luck. Cannot believe they lost this game.

Need to regroup...way too much talent not to.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
One of the most intense games I've seen in a while

reffing was awful both ways tho

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Wow, the amount of chicken little fans here.

The difference in the game was that Albany played more desperate hockey. They scored late when desperate, while our wrong D on the ice watched them score. They came out in the OT & played desperate hockey trying to score first. Experience beat talent here.

Down 2-1, oh well, our talent has to ramp it up, simple as that.

TrueBlue86

Oct 17, 2010
Toronto, ON
As much as I would like to see the Marlies win it, some rest this summer may be the best thing for our prospects for the long term.

I heard on the radio (forget what show) that because Utica made it all the way to the final last year, Corrado was badly beat up and had a hard time conditioning properly in the summer. That lead to the Canucks trying to send him down again at the start of this season, at which point we claimed him.

Babcock had to give him alot of time to recover properly before inserting him into the lineup.

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
No need to pull Percy from the lineup he has been one of our most steady defenders. Which isn't saying to much as a lot of our defense has been pretty awful in our own end.

blue leaves

Oct 31, 2013
vancouver.bc.ca
As much as I would like to see the Marlies win it, some rest this summer may be the best thing for our prospects for the long term.

I heard on the radio (forget what show) that because Utica made it all the way to the final last year, Corrado was badly beat up and had a hard time conditioning properly in the summer. That lead to the Canucks trying to send him down again at the start of this season, at which point we claimed him.

Babcock had to give him alot of time to recover properly before inserting him into the lineup.

They better not mess up our Willy.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
20 shots the last two for Lappin.

The cat must be out of the bag now for Keefe. Put someone on him to limit the guys offense. Thats just obsurd offense generation. I wish i could have watched to see how they were deploying this guy.

I guess it is apparent that whoever he is liningup against isn't getting the job done. Who is he lining up against actually because thats pathetic compete allowing him to get aeay with that.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site

I think winning a damn championship is the best thing for our prospects. Condition these guys right now to play into the late spring.

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas

heaven forbid they go to real war in the NHL playoffs then, they may be out until december.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

I think carrick is injured or something. He couldn't skate backwards tonight.
Agreed with percy. Hopefully we find a trading partner for him.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Any comments on Andres Johnson this game? Does he have a 2 way game? How does he compared to Kapanen? Thanks!

Johnson took about 20 minutes to start gelling with nylander. They were passing very well and seemed to be on the same page with where to be with or without the puck.
Skating is like silk. Not as fast as kapa but fast enough. His acceleration to is up to speed.
Defensively I saw him back check with vigor every time he needed too.
Overall that line earned more ice time as the game played. They were easily our best line. Now we just need to get the other lines working and we should be back in the win column.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad