Status
Not open for further replies.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Round 2, Game 3: Toronto @ Albany Devils

By Sherry Jean, Posted on May 8, 2016

marlies15-16_playoffs_preview1024x512

marlies15-16_playoffs_preview1024x512-768x384.jpg

Round 2 continues for the Toronto Marlies as they visit the Albany Devils for Game 3 of the North Division Finals. Puck drop is set for 5pm on LeafsTV and TSN1050. On Friday, the Marlies evened up their round 2 series against the Devils 1-1 with a 5-3 win at Ricoh Coliseum. Games 3, 4 and 5 will be in Albany with Games 6 and 7, if necessary, returning to Ricoh Coliseum.

Game 2 Summary

Connor Carrick continues to pace the post season scoring race, collecting two assists in Friday night’s game. Carrick has recorded 10 points in five playoff games.
TJ Brennan recorded two goals, including the game winner, 6:43 into the third period. His powerplay goal in the second period, moved him into sole possession of first among Marlies all-time power play goal leaders in the playoffs.
Zach Hyman recorded two goals in the third period including the insurance marker with 1:45 remaining in the game.
Sam Carrick recorded two assists and was a game high plus three.
Ben Smith opened the scoring for the Marlies 11:20 into the first period. Smith also added an assist for his fourth point of the post season.
Antoine Bibeau turned aside 40 shots to pick up his second victory of the playoffs.

Puck drop is at 5:00pm on LeafsTV and TSN1050. Don’t forget to follow the Marlies on Twitter and tune in to our#MarliesLive chat.

TORONTO MARLIES vs. ALBANY DEVILS

FRIDAY, MAY 6, 2016

SERIES TIED 1-1

FINAL

SCORING SUMMARY

Toronto: B. Smith (C. Carrick, S. Carrick) T. Brennan (C. Carrick, M. Arcobello) Z. Hyman (V. Loov, B. Leipsic) T. Brennan (C. Brown) Z. Hyman (S. Carrick, B. Smith)
Goaltender: A. Bibeau: 40/43

Albany: D. Kelly (M. Sislo, S. Helgeson) N. Lappin (D. Kelly, R. Boucher) M. Lorito (B. O’Neill)
Goaltender: S. Wedgewood: 27/32

ON THE SCORESHEET

Connor Carrick continues to pace the post season scoring race, collecting two assists in tonight’s game. Carrick has recorded 10 points in five playoff games.
TJ Brennan recorded two goals, including the game winner, 6:43 into the third period. His powerplay goal in the second period, moved him into sole possession of first among Marlies all-time power play goal leaders in the playoffs.
Zach Hyman recorded two goals in the third period including the insurance marker with 1:45 remaining in the game.
Sam Carrick recorded two assists and was a game high plus three.
Ben Smith opened the scoring for the Marlies 11:20 into the first period. Smith also added an assist for his fourth point of the post season.
Antoine Bibeau turned aside 40 shots to pick up his second victory of the playoffs.

NOTABLES

Toronto now travels to Albany for the next three games on Sunday May 8, Tuesday May 10 and Thursday May 12. If necessary the series will return to Ricoh Coliseum for the remaining two contests.
Toronto was 1/5 on the powerplay and 3/3 on the penalty kill.
Including the regular season, the Marlies are 22-2-0-0 when scoring five or more goals in a game.

Last edited:

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
The Devils are hoping the poor ice and slushy surface will slow down the fast Marlies in the Times Union Center Arena.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I think they will rise to the occasion now. They have a very tough opponent finally. Willie will get stronger too. They miss Soupy on the back end.

:) exactly. i should stop being lazy go do my mom's day stuff now, get a workout in and i can watch + knit in peace.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
:) exactly. i should stop being lazy go do my mom's day stuff now, get a workout in and i can watch + knit in peace.

Sounds like a great Sunday! I'm going for a long ride today and back for the game. Daisy what are you knitting? A Matthews sweater for the dog/cat? :)

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Sounds like a great Sunday! I'm going for a long ride today and back for the game. Daisy what are you knitting? A Matthews sweater for the dog/cat? :)

nope! i am knitting a shawl for my best friend for her birthday (and then I need to work on my Leafs scarf for next year). I am determined to see a Leafs game if it kills me :laugh:

though i am moving so slowly, lol i might not get anywhere!!

you're actually going to the game?

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
nope! i am knitting a shawl for my best friend for her birthday (and then I need to work on my Leafs scarf for next year). I am determined to see a Leafs game if it kills me :laugh:

though i am moving so slowly, lol i might not get anywhere!!

you're actually going to the game?

Nope. Just listen on the radio unless I can find a stream. Good luck on the shawl - hope it's blue and white ;)

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Thanks for the GDT.., Budsfan..!

Didn't notIce it awhile ago, with the blue color..., or I would have posted in here first..

If Johnson gets into this game, be prepared to hear jaws drop.. LOL!
I think Bibs will lock this one up for us..

#ConquerCalder: Toronto Marlies 2016 Playoff Tribute/Pump - TML

GO MARLIES GO !!

Last edited:

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Pete Dougherty ✔ ‎@Pete_Dougherty
A-Devils lines (I believe):

Kujawinski-Blandisi-Sislo
Boucher-O'Neill-Lappin
Lorito-Pietila-Thompson
Thomson-Pelley-Leblond #ALBvsTOR

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I hope Nylander is feeling better, we need him to be 100% this series.

So true. Need Marcobello to razzle dazzle as well. Can't wait to see Johnson. Really like Lindberg but Colin Smith is one of my favs on this team. Guy is a wizard on face-offs and has tremendous puck skills. So many players to be excited about on this team.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Yeah I figured Johnson would get into a game eventually. Johnson and Nylander both getting hattricks tonight. Not gonna be too optimistic and unrealistic and call 3 hatricks, just 2 :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad