Marlies GDT: Round 2, Game 3: Toronto @ Albany Devils 5pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Gonna go ahead and lay the blame on Sheldon Keefe. Marlies simply got out coached today. No excuse for that going to OT.

Its no wonder the PP is awful, he has them standing still.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Shame on the Marlies. They can do better than this. Now it's do or die. Have to win the next 2 or they are done.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I'm not sure I'd say the Marlies were outmatched, but Albany plays like it's a hugely important playoff game. They really put their all out there. Marlies continue to play without that kind of desperation.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
They deserved to lose after that embarassing end to blow the game on the PP

But I'm still livid at that horrible non call on the Percy hit. That could have easily been a major, especially since he got hurt. Then they call that trip shortly after and the Devils score and win.

We had our chances on the PP and for some reason didn't choose to put our best player out there for most of it, but that hit still sticks in my crawl.

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
That was my first glimpse of the Marlies this year, and I have to say..... I was not impressed at all. They didn't play with any intensity, and they seemed pretty sloppy in their zone. Matter of fact, they didn't look too impressive in the offensive zone either. Pretty disappointing effort for a 1st place team. :(

BWDude

Nov 13, 2015
Get Colin Smith, Lindberg and Soshnikov in there next game. We need an insertion of energy, these guys look really dead- no intensity at all.

Leaf of the Mind

BABS WAS BOB
Feb 6, 2015
They're going to rip Keefe's face off and underneath is Ron Wilson trying to sneak back into the pros. 5 on 5 they would walk in and generate chances like nothing. Props to Bibeau.

stavs*

Oct 11, 2010
Toronto
not an impressive game at all, when you can't cash in on the PP with all those chances you deserve to lose. Marlies are much better than this, it's a shame they don't show it

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Next game willie will be on the starting line with johnson and hyman. Probably 1st pp unit too.
If they continue like they were in the latter parts of the game we will win.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Very disappointing 3rd and OT, they were lacking motivation and were out matched by the Devils

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
We're not icing our best roster imo. This is round two, no more messing around... games are spaced two days apart now. Ughh

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Both PK and PP need to work better, I don't understand the lack of production after so many opportunities - PP was awful

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Unfortunately, this is what this team and this coaching staff deserved. They didn't play smart at all. They mishandled the puck. Couldn't control their powerplay. Couldn't handle the physicality. Couldn't close out a game.

How can they win this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad