Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick 2: Nolan Patrick, C, Brandon (WHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Patrick hasn't looked good anyway for a 2nd overall and that doesn't mean point wise just overall. Too many injuries dating back to 13 yrs old and now this.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I dunno, somehow I think getting viciously hit in the head probably isn't correlated with being injury prone. :cool:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Personally I don't expect to see Patrick until December, I'm slowly subtracting him out of the roster.

GagneHanson12

Aug 15, 2011
Is it possible that today or tomorrow is the funeral of his family member who passed away a few days ago, and he flew out this morning? Would explain why he missed practice.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Again I say..the lack of transparency is a joke.

All signs point to the kid feeling completely fine from the day after the hit until today yet he is going to miss his 7th straight game.

Really makes me wonder if he IS fine and Hextall is just taking his time on deciding if he wants to send him back to Juniors or not.

This happening when he has 9 games under his belt makes you wonder.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Again I say..the lack of transparency is a joke.

All signs point to the kid feeling completely fine from the day after the hit until today yet he is going to miss his 7th straight game.

Really makes me wonder if he IS fine and Hextall is just taking his time on deciding if he wants to send him back to Juniors or not.

This happening when he has 9 games under his belt makes you wonder.
Juniors after the first bunch of games played forsure.

joez86

Jan 20, 2006
I have reason to believe that the league is simply not clearing him to play for "reasons".

I have nothing whatsoever to back up my feels with.

joez86

Jan 20, 2006
The league isn't who clears him
I'm not talking about any "official" policy, just an irrational feeling. In no way am I trying to imply that my thoughts are related to reality :)

edit:

This is what triggered that, actually. Just remembered, and found it :D
Could just be Patrick's usual stolid manner, but the way he answered that question was interesting.

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
When a player comes back from a concussion after a short amount of time people assume they were rushed back. Now when someone is brought back slowly people assume something sinister is going on?

... it's been two weeks... not exactly a giant amount of time...

I don't understand the panic and outrage.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They do a baseline on each player before the season, then conduct similar tests and see if there's a significant difference. Don't know the exact procedure, but I'd presume it tests cognitive skills, memory and anything that would be impacted by a concussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad