Speculation: Roster Turnover

LI2RVA

Jul 8, 2016
Everyone is so quick to dump Ladd and Clutter and letting Kulie walk. Their game isn't the skilled, fast, sexy game that JT, Ebbs, and Barzal play, but who does everyone expect to go retrieve the pucks on the boards. Our memories seem to be fading from when didn't have guys like this. I know they are overpaid a bit, but the things these guys do is not easy. (contrary to popular opinion). I'd like to resign Kulie for a year or two at 2-2.5 per.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Everyone is so quick to dump Ladd and Clutter and letting Kulie walk. Their game isn't the skilled, fast, sexy game that JT, Ebbs, and Barzal play, but who does everyone expect to go retrieve the pucks on the boards. Our memories seem to be fading from when didn't have guys like this. I know they are overpaid a bit, but the things these guys do is not easy. (contrary to popular opinion). I'd like to resign Kulie for a year or two at 2-2.5 per.

I'm fine with Kulemin, but not at the price tag and not with Clutterbuck and Chimera both on the roster. That's the issue I have. Too many players filling the same role. Ladd is overpaid but I'm fine with it, as I was ready for Okposo to go. He does seem to provide some leadership and toughness.

Reactions: LI2RVA

LI2RVA

Jul 8, 2016
I'm fine with Kulemin, but not at the price tag and not with Clutterbuck and Chimera both on the roster. That's the issue I have. Too many players filling the same role. Ladd is overpaid but I'm fine with it, as I was ready for Okposo to go. He does seem to provide some leadership and toughness.
Agree with this, completely. Kulie at a lower AAV is a nice piece. I am totally fine with Ladd even at his current contract. His game on the boards, moderate offensive upside, and chemistry with second line is much needed. Okposo was a fan fave for a time when we had relatively few skilled players. Once talent began trickling in, much of the overlooking of his faults went away. It was the right decision to move on from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad