WC: Roster Talk '11 – Russia

MurphyDump

Dec 22, 2010
This is the same "Russia Coach" that said Crosby was nothing special. I'll let you figure it out from there.

No, Semin was the guy that said Crosby was nothing special. Sorry if I mislead you up there, I thought everyone knew about that whole story.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
I find it odd that they seemed to judge him upon one game. That said like already mentioned in the Russian thread, they need centers.

Dares

May 13, 2009
No worries guys, the way it goes for Russia now this couch wont be around for much longer
Watched one last game of Semin and made his decision.
Better he watches last 10 games of Nabokov and tell us wtf he is in the team ...

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
i'm thinking their saving that spot for datsyuk... they need some good centers. datsyuk= finals imo.

Yup, this. But the quote is still surprising. He could've stated that they are simply waiting for Datsyuk, instead he chosed to rip on Semin.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Please. Semin is better than anyone on that team.

Semin might just have the most skill of any player I've seen in the world...too bad he doesn't have the type of work ethic that Crosby has. I wouldn't compare him to Kovalev because he's much better, and he does actually try most of the time, but damnit.

AhoLottaLove

Jun 30, 2010
Why did Bykov have to twist the knife? He could have just not commented or said they weren't inviting him. Instead, he talked about Semin's bad play in one game. Also:

Wait for it

Wait for it

Classless

Afro Thunder*

Lol Russian coaches.

That says it all.

I will take Semin on my team over any KHL scrub that they got so far.

Give the guy a change of scenery where he would be the main guy and not just playing under Ovechkins wing and a decent coach.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I would take Semin over Ovi on the NT, and Datsyk over them both put together. So if I am Bykov - I call up Semin and wait for Datsyk....but then again, I wouldn't be starting a semi-retired goalie either, so go figure.

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
I've always understood that there's the mentality of "If you say once no to the team without a good reason, you won't get in again, not even in the OG's" in Russian national hockey these days.

So maybe Semin pissed Bykov or the Russian hockey organization earlier and is now getting the diss for it?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If you'd pick Semin over Datsyuk then it's not Bykov the drug addict

Who is saying anything about picking Semin over Datsyuk? Why not have both? They're both elite level players. It's pretty sad that so many people are ****ing on Semin for one bad game. Yes the season was on the line, but he had a pretty good playoffs this year, and I think they're just looking for a scapegoat for Washington (it should be Backstrom and Boudreau if anyone.)

Semin is probably the most underrated player in the league, and he gets hated on madly just because he's russian and there was a contract dispute when he originally came to the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad