Line Combos: Roster Discussion/Line Combos

Status
Not open for further replies.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Does Fantelli play with the team the whole season and if so , in what capacity?

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021

Highly likely he'll play up all season, unless he just can't handle it yet. But looks like he should be able to. Usage will be 3rd line C with a chance of moving to 2nd line, and starts in PP2 I think.

Reactions: avsfan9

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Highly likely he'll play up all season, unless he just can't handle it yet. But looks like he should be able to. Usage will be 3rd line C with a chance of moving to 2nd line, and starts in PP2 I think.

high chance he plays 1st line with at some point, I think. Looked good centering Laine at the start of the preseason.

Reactions: avsfan9

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
high chance he plays 1st line with at some point, I think. Looked good centering Laine at the start of the preseason.

hate to break it to you but the Laine at center experiment is going to last a long, long time. oh and I shouldn’t say ‘experiment’ because it’s not really an experiment anymore. it’s here. and it’s real. I wasn’t onboard with the Laine at center thing but I most definitely am now.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
hate to break it to you but the Laine at center experiment is going to last a long, long time. oh and I shouldn’t say ‘experiment’ because it’s not really an experiment anymore. it’s here. and it’s real. I wasn’t onboard with the Laine at center thing but I most definitely am now.
I don't disagree with that. But also there will be times when CBJ goes on bad form and Vincent will change things. Getting together the Fantilli-Laine duo that clearly had spark will be high on the list of options when that time comes.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I can’t help but to say that Garland is intresting.

The price would be minimal to land him

They are loading up the top line leaving the midd6 pretty thin for offense. Garland would be an easy offensive upgrade& would allow to pair Fantilli with more offense

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
I hate benching KJ. Really hoping that doesn't happen.
Sounds like to me its not a "skill" thing but basically VP is "coaching" him. We don't know what's going on in the closed door practice skates but sounds KJ there was only going 80% of his potential while everyone else was going full tilt. Therefore VP is going to put KJ in the press box to put some shame into him and hopefully a healthy scratch on opening night will light a fire under him to get motivated again. That was the reason Larson lost the locker room last year and got fired was he didn't hold players accountable. Even VP said he wants every player in the locker room to feel like their job is always on the line this year and this might be the message to KJ that he can do better.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
I can’t help but to say that Garland is intresting.

The price would be minimal to land him

They are loading up the top line leaving the midd6 pretty thin for offense. Garland would be an easy offensive upgrade& would allow to pair Fantilli with more offense
He’s a tiny wing and signed for three more years for a lot of money. Jackets have plenty of small forwards already and will need the roster spot going forward. I just don’t see the desire.

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
He’s a tiny wing and signed for three more years for a lot of money. Jackets have plenty of small forwards already and will need the roster spot going forward. I just don’t see the desire.
Legit the only person I would even consider from vancouver is Beauvillier and that's likely not going to happen. I feel like Boqvist is the odd man out and he could be going to the Habs if they can do some roster shenanigans up there as they do need someone like him to run a PP unit.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Voronkov going to AHL without activating KHL clause is great news btw. At times it didnt sound like AHL was an option, so I am very much positively surprised

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Voronkov going to AHL without activating KHL clause is great news btw. At times it didnt sound like AHL was an option, so I am very much positively surprised
Wasn't it posted somewhere here recently that the clause is still there but it has a target date of... some date in December (1st?). So Voronkov can be with the Monsters for some weeks but if he's still there in January or so, he can opt to go back to the KHL.

Edit: Beaten by a second or two it seems. :D

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

They have lot of forwards but do they have too many legit 50 point forwards?

Within the next 12 months I’m dropping off Roslovic, Peeke and Boqvist.
They can easily add a 5M player for 2 years and if must trade him as rental

This isn’t a team that has too many of these, especially if Laine stays at C they could really use another veteran quality W

& again if Laine stays at C the only big add they need to do is goaltending. Otherwise all the answers/solutions are coming from the prospect pool/player growth

I don’t like the midd6 for offense if Laine and Gaudreau play together.
This is a 1 line team then

Reactions: ColumbusTrill

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020
I'd probably do Garland for Gudbranson straight up. Saves Vancouver $950k/year and gives them a bottom pair RD. Gives us a top 9 Winger that's better than all of Bemstrom, Foudy, Roslovic, Robinson, and Sillinger. I could see Garland totally playing a top 6 role this season. We give up our worst D-man with a big contract and get our 5-6th best forward.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
I'd probably do Garland for Gudbranson straight up. Saves Vancouver $950k/year and gives them a bottom pair RD. Gives us a top 9 Winger that's better than all of Bemstrom, Foudy, Roslovic, Robinson, and Sillinger. I could see Garland totally playing a top 6 role this season. We give up our worst D-man with a big contract and get our 5-6th best forward.
I'd gladly do it but this FO wouldnt.

They just signed Gud and he's friends with Johnny so it can't/won't be done.

Very dumb logic but gotta protect the kids and keep everyone happy even if you'd be a better team.

Reactions: Ippenator

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

Very dumb logic but gotta protect the kids and keep everyone happy even if you'd be a better team.
Vancouver wouldnt either, theyve been down that road before

Reactions: Ippenator

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

Someone takes a run at KJ and Olivier isn't dressed, what do you do? Jarmo isn't going to risk another Wilson/Wennberg situation. He's out there as a preventative. It's not dumb it's an investment to protect your assets.

Hopefully he's slotted properly this season and he f***s someone up early so the league takes notice when he's on the bench.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
/taps the words next to my sponsor tag

He fills an important role on the roster, especially off the ice, and slotted and deployed properly on the ice he is not a net negative. You can’t play a whole team of young skill players. You just simply can’t. If he made even a million less a year, no one would say a word.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
It seems that the timing for trading one of these 3 DMen is riper once the season begins and a team loses one of their defenders to injury. That could easily happen in the first month. In the meantime Jiricek can get big minutes in Cleveland.
Yeah I don't think he's rushing to anything honestly. It's only a matter of time before someone around the league goes down one or two Dmen and are looking for a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland