CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I think this has to be Boqvist. They want Blankenburg back up here

Last edited:

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Based on Jiricek playing in 1st pair of the last preseason game, I'd guess they want him up. Blanks was down in the AHL group with Boqvist.

Peeke is currently in his prime years, and there's significant upside in his game. I'd be moving him if there isn't a real good offer for Boqvist.

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City

I think Frank is right, the one of those 3 who gets traded is whichever one they can get the best deal for. They all have upside in the right situation. I wouldn't be shocked if it was Bean because he not only has the smallest cap hit, but also is in the final year of his current deal. Its still not for sure what is going to happen with the cap next year and not having 2 mill plus locked in past this season might be a factor for teams. Personally I would try and push Peeke. I like Bean and if Mateychuk is viewed as a replacement for Boqvist, I think rolling the dice and keeping Boqvist hoping he takes another step like he did in the 2nd half of last season, would increase his value for a trade next off season.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
i don't get the staff/front office's infatuation with peeke over boqvist.

unless they're convinced that boqvist can't work next to provorov, there's no reason to weigh one player's okay camp (peeke) over the other's very good performance over the last ~40 games of the season (boqvist).

obviously werenski and provorov love to jump up into the rush, and severson gets labeled as a puck-mover, but boqvist is clearly a better option to run PP1 than any of them. there's nothing that peeke does that werenski/severson/provorov/gudbranson can't do.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
It can but (at least in how I read media) using "likely" twice in such a short report suggests he doesn't have confirmed information
Agreed. But previous to that he writes "the truth is..." The original tweet cites "sources."

I'm with you in that I'm generally skeptical of this type of "reporting." (I think my issues with contemporary media are well-documented - at least they are oft-expressed.) But I read this one as he's at least sourced some of the information and, given his wording, I'd hope that sourcing includes the "multiple players" part.

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
Personally I don’t get the need to rush Blankenburg and Jiricek. Would start them both in the AHL. Now you’re making a situation where you’re forced to sell players which gets you less value back. While also risking the development of a young player.

Start Jiricek and/or Blankenburg in the AHL. Trade 1-2 spare defenders before trade deadline (most value). Bring a confident Jiricek and/or Blankenburg up after the deadline.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Guess Vincent hasn't liked KJ's game recently. This should light a fire under him.
I can't say I disagree because he was basically invisible except for that Danforth goal. But maybe he just tweaked something at the golf outing yesterday and they're being cautious.

Reactions: We Want Ten
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad