Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXVIII - Dust in the wind…

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
We are not trading Matt Robertson for 38 year old Mark Giordano. What are some of you smoking?

And this is coming from someone who is not a prospect hugger. If someone wants to overpay a stupid price for Giordano then so be it. He is not producing like he was 3 years ago in 18-19 season. That was an outlier. Get your head on straight.

I do think this team should add. f*** chemistry. I dont want to hear about that nonsense. I believe in chemistry, but this team does not have something super special that can’t be disrupted. Add who we need to, to make us a more competent team
This...

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Anyone that says GG playing McKegg over Barron for the 15 games “ speaks volumes” about Barron, doesn’t know what they are talking about.

the correct move is to move chytil to RW and play Barron and Jones to see how they fit in on a permanent basis...
It could affect some potential moves Drury has to make at the TDL...
Barron should be the 3C for this team going fwd

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Between the team's faith in Nemeth when healthy and what Jones has shown when he needs to play, the idea of a rental Dman should not be a consideration anymore

But you can't watch Igor the way he is playing, and add the type of players we did in the offseason, while looking at where we are in the standings, and not add a player or two

I think Drury knows we aren't paying up for a premium rental, but would give good assets for a multi-year add

Lehkonen is so obviously a great fit for this team

Chytil just doesn't fit with this team identity. Neither does Gauthier, he was a long time Gorton target.

Goodrow is good enough to center that 3rd line for sure. He played 16+ minutes a night on a back to back stanley cup team.

Reactions: egelband and bl02

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Chytil for Lehkonen + 3rd
Roslovic or Jarnkrok for RW
If you can swing a trade for a Hoglander or Holloway instead then yes of course, but doubt that would happen in-season

Kreider Zib Laf
Panarin Strome Kakko
Lehkonen Goodrow Roslovic/Jarnkrok
Gauthier Rooney Barron

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Lemme ask yous this …

it’s a slow deadline day in New York…

Seattle calls and says Giordano is yours give us your number one pick or Matt Robertson….

do you do the deal

I ask because I think Giordano is our number one target

Hard pass. D isn’t a need if Jones & Nemeth are playing well

Reactions: RangersFan1994

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Ryane Clowe. I always wanted him back. He was a solid player. Sadly injuries hurt his career towards the end. If Cuylle is our Ryane Clowe down the road, id take it.

Was so excited to get Clowe in 2013. Great player. Scored in his 1st game, but concussions literally ended his career in the 1st round against WAS. Devils signing him to a 5 year deal after that was so insane it must’ve been an insurance scam

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Between the team's faith in Nemeth when healthy and what Jones has shown when he needs to play, the idea of a rental Dman should not be a consideration anymore

But you can't watch Igor the way he is playing, and add the type of players we did in the offseason, while looking at where we are in the standings, and not add a player or two

I think Drury knows we aren't paying up for a premium rental, but would give good assets for a multi-year add

Lehkonen is so obviously a great fit for this team

Chytil just doesn't fit with this team identity. Neither does Gauthier, he was a long time Gorton target.

Goodrow is good enough to center that 3rd line for sure. He played 16+ minutes a night on a back to back stanley cup team.
This. Unless there’s a foundational defenseman like Chrychrun available for a reasonable price, I just don’t see the need to get a defenseman. Mayyyybe a 7D or project type to stash. But otherwise I’d be shopping in the ‘middle six forwards’ aisle. And just for depth types.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Anyone think George gets dealt?

I think it's unlikely. Any team looking for a goalie right now is looking for a more clear upgrade. They don't have the luxury of time to try him out and see how he does. There's also the fact that if we deal him, we need a backup to replace him. I think we keep him for the rest of the year.

It's possible that he gets moved at/before the draft, but teams know we can't afford to qualify him, so they may just wait until he becomes a UFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad