Speculation: Roster Building Thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Because the dinosaur is better at his position, they're both only signed for 1 more year and the "PPG" center is one dimensional and is about to be replaced.

Strome’s remaining length is kinda irrelevant. If Strome could instead be traded for an asset with longer term, and we only acquire a guy that’s gonna be here a year, that’s value lost.

Hockey Gamer

Mar 2, 2015
Buch, huge part of the Ranger's identity to me. If it happens so be it but he's definitely been a bright spot for me over the past few years. love what his skillset has become and love his personality he brings.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

NYblades

Mar 9, 2004
If the Rangers are trading valuable assets like Ryan Strome for 38 year olds then I think this team needs to have its head examined. Even a win now piece they acquire should have a 5 year shelf life.

Yeah, but Zdeno Chara is 44. :D

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Well they both wont co exist unless Zibs takes a hometown discount or Buffalo retains.

We give up a ton of assets just to get back to the same point we are now. A bunch of moving pieces. The chance for failure increases

I mean I get that, but at the same time you're talking 5 year age difference, and perhaps a 5 year deal opposed to 7-8, it may be the Rangers already know what Zibanejad wants and are unwilling to give it to him. I dont know either one is a risk but they also have no choice but to do one or the other.

Also who knows if we give up a "ton of assets" maybe Buffalo really likes Buch and Strome?.. or at least one of them.. 15 overall would be a 2nd piece, so at most we're looking at 2 assets.. well and Zibanejad likely but if he wants 7-8 years what are we to do?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Strome’s remaining length is kinda irrelevant. If Strome could instead be traded for an asset with longer term, and we only acquire a guy that’s gonna be here a year, that’s value lost.

It depends. Whats the asset with longer term?

If the choice is between Giordano and Logan Brown, it's an easy choice for me.

Plus, Gio can always be re-signed after this deal assuming he wants to continue to play. He's got gas left in the tank.

Cyclones21

Easily Triggered
TyTy's tweet just states they are on the block which isn't really breaking. Seravalli is legitimate but being on the block and closing in on a trade are different. I remember a draft a few years ago people were tweeting that Gorton was trying to move Staal and Girardi.

Hopefully if the players are moved it's not all for one or 2 assets and these players can be used for healthier players.

That being said - a 1st for Georgiev would be surprising.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Gonna make some sweet and sour pork and watch Francis acquire Gauthier for McDermott.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I will react to nothing until I see the team on the ice.** You'll get shitposts and like it.

**Unless it's a goon.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Why would it be that basically every draft pick has leaked but literally zero trades?
Probably the leaks are mostly the players who have been notified they're being claimed. Most the the trades will likely involve mostly draft picks and draft picks don't talk.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
why are people suddenly panicking at stuff we've been talking in circles about for months

Strome being some big asset and losing value on him is some hilarity since afaik the best offer for him last summer was a 3rd and a 4th and the entire board wants him gone

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
One thing I wanted out of the LD was someone good for the rookie RD, assuming Nils but maybe Schneider. The other was a short commitment because we have LDs knocking on the door soon. Strome seems to be worth more which is why Seattle is retaining. I have no complaints. And I have to point out again, Francis did in 3 days what Tree Living couldn't in 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce