Speculation: Roster Building Thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
certain people around here would drop dead paying 7.2 mil to goodrow and tanev, but they are the kind of hard to play against guys we lack...
It is what it is. We have a ton of young talent on cheap affordable contracts right now. We should build a contender now and when those kids need to get paid in the next 2-3 years, you can certainly get out from the AAV’s Goodrow and Coleman/Tanev would have. These are not anchoring contracts that warrant the reaction some here are having.

Reactions: bleedblue94

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Well I'll tell ya a couple things,

-Zibanejad is not making $10M nor would he even sign to that as a well respected New Yorker now and with the Sather/Drury charm ;)
-Buchnevich is 100% gone in an Eichel deal
-Strome is 100% gone after an Eichel deal
-Kreider is going to be offloaded in 2 or 3 years to a team that wants what he can always offer
-Eichel may or may not come with slight retention

It can work and WHEN it works this team is closer to being a cup contender than it ever has in the past half decade. Probably even more so than in 12' 14' or 15'

To think if we had just drafted a top C like Getzlaf or traded for a young Stamkos we could have 3 extra cups to our name. Shame.

Well at least NYR management nowadays wants to take the proper swing at things and actually be deep down the middle. It's still how you win, especially with a big boy D

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019

-Zibanejad is not making $10M nor would he even sign to that as a well respected New Yorker now and with the Sather/Drury charm ;)
-Kreider is going to be offloaded in 2 or 3 years to a team that wants what he can always offer

It can work and WHEN it works this team is closer to being a cup contender than it ever has in the past half decade. Probably even more so than in 12' 14' or 15'

To think if we had just drafted a top C like Getzlaf or traded for a young Stamkos we could have 3 extra cups to our name. Shame.

Well at least NYR management nowadays wants to take the proper swing at things and actually be deep down the middle. It's still how you win, especially with a big boy D

Fox is getting at least $9 million
Add Laf and Kakko to the mix too

Zibby is the #1 center. Somebody will pay him close to $10 million

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

514K-Wxg7mL.jpg

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
All this talk about Eichel. I have gone back and forth on this but I am back in the no camp on him.

Isn't there a chance he could miss this season with an injury? There's no way we can move Buch for him if that's the case.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Fox is getting at least $9 million
Add Laf and Kakko to the mix too

Zibby is the #1 center. Somebody will pay him close to $10 million
which players since the cap came in have the rangers not bridged on a contract?

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ

Good! Now can certain people stop with this trading of our best prospects for Yanni fricken Gourde? Hes a solid player but not a top 6 center that would fit what we are looking for. I mean some of the trades ive seen for him, just wow.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
All this talk about Eichel. I have gone back and forth on this but I am back in the no camp on him.

Isn't there a chance he could miss this season with an injury? There's no way we can move Buch for him if that's the case.

We’ll see if the Rangers stick with a rebuild or this was just a retool. Resigning Buch after resigning Kreider and likely having to resign Zibby tells me a Fox, Laf or Kakko will be lost along with many other kids.

The foundation is supposed to be Laf, Kakko, Fox and Shes and hopefully the Rangers can navigate keeping others. No way the pre-rebuild roster spots all get these third contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad