Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Panarin Strome Giroux
At a minimum Giroux would center that line.

As would most, I’d prefer a trade for Giroux to be the impetus to finally break that duo up. We know that’s not happening though, so I’d hope they’d put Chytil and Kakko on his wings and then limit the Panarin/Strome line’s ES ice time.

NYRangers16

Oct 23, 2010
Hell's Kitchen
Imagine how good this team would be if Reaves and Hunt were on the 4th line where they belonged and we had Laf and another 6 forward in the top 6.

And a real #2 LD that is fast physical AND makes smart plays. essentially what we all hope Miller will become, but isn’t yet.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Wow. 5 straight L's for Alex and a 4.60 gaa in those games.

Tony Spumoni vs Georgie porgie pumpkin pie.
I'll take the ice cream

And it ain't even close.

Maybe now the Georgiev for Holloway nonsense will stop....
Some team might take a chance on him for a 3rd rounder with his contract

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Crouse is bad. Why would we consider trading Chytil for him? He's a 4th liner who hits. He doesn't provide much offense except for when he shoot 16% and is played way over his head (17:35/game this year including 2 mins/game on the PP).

If we want to discuss a guy like this can we just talk about Lehkonen since he is actually good in that role?

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I wonder how aggressive Drury is going to get now. If he's waiting for the right moment to strike the market to maximize his assets, I'm fine with that - but it's painfully obvious this team needs help with the bottom 6.

surlysailor

May 12, 2012
BK
Would a Rakell & Comtois for Gauthier, a 2nd and another minor + be a fair deal? NYR can then go

KZL
Panarin-Strome-KK/Rakell
Goodrow/Comtois-Chyil-Rakell/KK
Comtois/Goodrow-Rooney-Reeves/Hunt?

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
I just want to see a transaction today. Georgiev being waived/traded. Kinkaid being brought up or Drury acquiring a legit backup G.

I can wait another couple of days until we acquire a top-6 RW, but Georgiev should not dress as a Ranger ever again.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I just want to see a transaction today. Georgiev being waived/traded. Kinkaid being brought up or Drury acquiring a legit backup G.

I can wait another couple of days until we acquire a top-6 RW, but Georgiev should not dress as a Ranger ever again.

relax Georgiev has some value to trade soon

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Maybe if the NHL had a stat for "earned goals against" and "unearned goals against" like in baseball, Geo would have slightly lower GAA. He should push for that.

Last edited:

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
I dont think there will be many trades at this deadline until last minute. Too many sellers and not alot of buyers and all the sellers are asking ridiculous prices.

Market needs to adjust. I have a feeling Rentals will be going for much cheaper than normal at the last second so the sellers can get something.

Drury would be smart to just wait it out until the end.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I dont think there will be many trades at this deadline until last minute. Too many sellers and not alot of buyers and all the sellers are asking ridiculous prices.

Market needs to adjust. I have a feeling Rentals will be going for much cheaper than normal at the last second so the sellers can get something.

Drury would be smart to just wait it out until the end.
That's how NHL GMs do things - last minute. Partly because of the cap and partly because they are scared to death of making a mistake.

Reactions: leetch99

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004

Not likely something happens during a road trip.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
That's how NHL GMs do things - last minute. Partly because of the cap and partly because they are scared to death of making a mistake.

Didnt last year or two years ago have a flurry of trades like a week or two before the deadline? I feel like teams were going for it earlier. There is just no reason to this year. Playoff teams arw basically set at this point, especially the east. The west has like 9 teams for 8 spots.

lots of sellers and meh teams in west.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Didnt last year or two years ago have a flurry of trades like a week or two before the deadline? I feel like teams were going for it earlier. There is just no reason to this year. Playoff teams arw basically set at this point, especially the east. The west has like 9 teams for 8 spots.

lots of sellers and meh teams in west.
NHL trade tracker 2021: List of deals completed before the deadline | Sporting News

Heres a list of trades completed around the deadline last year.

17 on deadline day
7 the day before
5 two days before
11 from March 13-April 9

Edit: 2020 Deadline very similar 31 deals on deadline day, 1 1 day before, 1 2 days before and 21 from January - 3 days before the deadline

NHL trade tracker 2020: List of deals completed before the deadline | Sporting News Canada

This is how NHL GMs operate. Last possible second.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad