Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Rakell/Copp/Jarnkrok types are way better than those guys, and i think the Rangers are definitely in on them. I also would not be shocked if the Rangers pivot to Lindholm/Chiarot now that it doesn't appear any true top 6 forwards will be moved
If this team acquires Chiarot, you're gonna see me in a form I've never hit before like Cell in DBZ.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
On the surface, without seeing the cost, I'm fine with that.
He would be a much better option at the deadline. hopefully he would want to come east. He would be on a top team and lots of ice time. He would be a big add.

I would trade Lundkvist and 2ed Blues for Giordano and Donato

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
He would be a much better option at the deadline. hopefully he would want to come east. He would be on a top team and lots of ice time. He would be a big add.

I would trade Lundkvist and 2ed Blues for Giordano and Donskoi
no you wouldn't.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I am more than fine with trading 22 or 23 picks (even for rentals), but I would hold onto the prospects we have for a summer deal for a C. The only way id give up a 1st is if they are getting multiple players from one team, i.e. Rakell + Lindholm

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
f***ing hell, imagine if we had the young up and coming NY kid breaking out as a star C rather than Kakko. Our blessing was actually a curse that year, had we stayed where we were instead of moving down we probably would have picked the young Rangers fan in Zegras.

what could have been
We would've ruined him and told him to play sound D and NEVER try anything remotely fancy

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't think I would do anything.

The more I think about it, the more I think Igor is either going .950 in the playoffs or he isn't.

There's not an acquisition out there that's fixing the product in front of him.

The Rangers think the product in front of him is mostly fine and that it's normal to rely on goaltending this much, that I guarantee you.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We would've ruined him and told him to play sound D and NEVER try anything remotely fancy
Zegras wouldn't have played a game for the Rangers yet.

9th overall picks have to do more earn things and dues stuff than 1st and 2nd picks.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

The more I think about it, the more I think Igor is either going .950 in the playoffs or he isn't.

The Rangers think the product in front of him is mostly fine and that it's normal to rely on goaltending this much, that I guarantee you.
I mean they need to do something. They have no more than 9 NHL level forwards in the whole organization right now. The problem is they need players with term. No UFAs. Team is at least a year ahead of schedule because of Igor. They have to improve but they can’t waste assets just to go out in the first round again.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here

Part of me think they shouldn’t do anything either but I do believe they could make a move or two that would maybe not “fix” what’s in front of him, but at least improve it.

The bottom 6 is horrific right now. Yes, they should get Kakko and Rooney back at some point (hopefully) and that will help things, but inserting a player like Lehkonen over Gauthier/McKegg will be noticeable.

If you extend him, with Blais coming back into the fold the bottom 6 looks significantly stronger next season.

On D, I’d rather not spend crazy on Chariot or Giordano. So if you are rolling on the cheap end to get Nemeth out of the lineup I’m not sure if you will be upgrading much with what’s out there.

If you can land Gio “cheap” with just a second, fine but I still don’t think he’s a real fit here. Could be wrong

Last edited:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The Rangers have some older prospects who will more than likely be blocked by either roster players or guys who will be brought in to fill specific roles. Some of these guys probably have some value around the league as cost controlled, medium ceiling prospects. These guys include:
Reunanen
Barron
Pajuniemi
Skinner
Gauthier
Hajek

To varying degrees, rebuilding teams may see some of these guys as valuable risks to take in low of later round picks. None of these guys probably hold the value of a 2nd rounder, but as a piece in a deal that maybe holds the value of a 3rd-6th? Perhaps if the team or scouting department likes them.

I say this because I would much prefer to move some of the older prospects than even later round picks in the next couple of drafts. Even hitting on one of those later round picks will pay dividends in a future that sees this team competing annually and more than likely in a tough salary cap spot.

Reactions: brachyrynchos

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Part of me think they shouldn’t do anything either but I do believe they could make a move or two that would maybe not “fix” what’s in front of him, but at least improve it.

The bottom 6 is horrific right now. Yes, they should get Kakko and Rooney back at some point (hopefully) and that will help things, but inserting a player like Lehkonen over Gauthier/McKegg will be noticeable.

If you extend him, with Blais coming back into the fold the bottom 6 looks significantly stronger next season.

On D, I’d rather not spend crazy on Chariot or Giordano. So if you are rolling on the cheap end to get Nemeth out of the lineup I’m not sure if you will be upgrading much with what’s out there.

If you can land Gio “cheap” with just a second, fine but I still don’t think he’s a real fit here. Could be wrong

The smart play is for Drury and his team to target a guy or maybe 2 who they see as part of the solution now and moving forward. No rentals, and by that I mean pending UFA’s that the team won’t re-sign.

This has always been the smart play.

That and using the cap space to facilitate a couple of trades elsewhere to keep stockpiling assets for the future. Even if they’re short in the dark assets like a 4th or 5th rounder.

Reactions: Riche16 and bhamill

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

None of these teams like the asking price.

Those are just the prices to get it done before the 21st. Prices will go down on the 19th-ish so teams can bid them back up on 20th and 21st. Happens every year. No reason to get excited. Yet.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Rakell/Copp/Jarnkrok types are way better than those guys, and i think the Rangers are definitely in on them. I also would not be shocked if the Rangers pivot to Lindholm/Chiarot now that it doesn't appear any true top 6 forwards will be moved
Might be true, but not enough of an upgrade, not enough to make a real difference and make us real contenders, to justify spending any significant assets on them. Address those needs off season when there are more options and potentially much less cost. JMO of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad