Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XXXIII: Goals. Goals Everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Dibs on "Pizza/60"

The Rangers, as a team, average 1.16 pizzas per game

Mats Zuccarello is involved in the creation of .26 pizzas per game, or, if you prefer, 2.11 slices of pizza per game.

Henrik Lundqvist allows .85 pizzas per game.

member 116805

Mats Zuccarello is involved in the creation of .26 pizzas per game, or, if you prefer, 2.11 slices of pizza per game.

I loled :laugh:

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

LOL very funny :D

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016
Dibs on "Pizza/60"

KFGAQfz.jpg

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016
http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/the-top-five-kevin-shattenkirk-trade-destinations

Zero chance in hell we trade Miller right now.

1. NEW YORK RANGERS

Now here’s a marriage that needs making. Manhattan is a dream market considering he calls the Hamptons home, and he’s a dream fit for a D-corps lacking offensive flair. Ryan McDonagh has improved a lot in that department but isn’t a natural scorer, and Brady Skjei’s offense, while ascending, hasn’t caught up to his swift skating yet. Shattenkirk would fill that void.
What New York can offer: The Rangers burst with forward depth. Someone like J.T. Miller has the pedigree and talent to attract another team in a trade but also toils on the Blueshirts’ third line, making him reasonably expendable. We also know the Rangers are never, ever averse to mortgaging away draft picks.
Red flag: I don’t see a ton of downside here. The Rangers are in win-now mode as long as Henrik Lundqvist and Rick Nash play for them. They’re deep enough to spare a forward and not miss much. A Shattenkirk extension would make the salary cap situation dicey, as Mika Zibanejad is an RFA this summer, but the Rangers would shed some salary via whomever they offered for Shattenkirk. It’s hardly an impossible feat to pull off.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
would anyone do a YOLO rental for Jagr for something like Hrivik & a 4th? I imagine he might get more. Jagr on the 4th line seems like a weird match. It would just be good to have the Mullet back in town.

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016
Do teams really want to give Shatty a boatload of money for 7 or 8 years? I like him as a player but that upcoming contract is not without large risk.

i feel like that's where most of the pressure for a trade comes in because of the 8th year. I'd max 5.75 per on 8 years.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
i feel like that's where most of the pressure for a trade comes in because of the 8th year. I'd max 5.75 per on 8 years.

Idk how you trade for him and offer him 6.5-7 a season and pair him with your captain that makes 4.7 .. strikes me as odd let's pay everyone what they want and not our best defensemen. I will say step is worth every penny he gets. And when Mac truck signed I expected him to see the same kind of pay he just didn't get it

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Idk how you trade for him and offer him 6.5-7 a season and pair him with your captain that makes 4.7 .. strikes me as odd let's pay everyone what they want and not our best defensemen. I will say step is worth every penny he gets. And when Mac truck signed I expected him to see the same kind of pay he just didn't get it

Step's current contract is his 3rd.

Mac is on his 2nd.

If McD hits UFA, he'll get Suter money/term.

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016

Good point, but wasn't that McDonagh's second contract? I think McDonagh did the team a solid on his contract considering what guys like Niskanen make. I don't think you could do anything above 6 either. I'd sell it on the longevity rather the cap hit. 5.75x8 8 is still $46 million deal.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm fine signing Shattenkirk. Most of those skill-type defensemen age pretty well. Streit. Timmonen. Markov. Campbell.

I would not be okay trading for him this year. Don't waste the assets. If I'm a player who wants to sign somewhere long term, the last thing I would want is to have that team offload talent to acquire me at the deadline. It makes my future team weaker.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I'm fine signing Shattenkirk. Most of those skill-type defensemen age pretty well. Streit. Timmonen. Markov. Campbell.

I would not be okay trading for him this year. Don't waste the assets. If I'm a player who wants to sign somewhere long term, the last thing I would want is to have that team offload talent to acquire me at the deadline. It makes my future team weaker.

This is how I feel about it too, a contract that takes a non-physical player to ~34ish isn't that insane to me

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Good point, but wasn't that McDonagh's second contract? I think McDonagh did the team a solid on his contract considering what guys like Niskanen make. I don't think you could do anything above 6 either. I'd sell it on the longevity rather the cap hit. 5.75x8 8 is still $46 million deal.

True it was his second contract but he could of gone the route some players did and just demand the money so it was nice to see both sides just agree with any hiccups.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Agreed. I do believe that they will trade for him and it will be something none of us expect.

JG appears to keep everything really close to the chest. So if there is a way to land him we wouldn't hear about it until the transaction is complete. I agree the Miller for Shatty is an absolute joke. I wouldn't give away a guy who's finally putting it together.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
We shouldn't be trading assets for Shattenkirk.

Im serious when I say this... I know STL desperately needs LD as bad as we need RD. Staal has played well this year. Staal and a 2nd/3rd for Shattenkirk. Armstrong is TERRIBLE when it comes to making deals. Not that this would be as bad of a deal as everyone thinks.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Im serious when I say this... I know STL desperately needs LD as bad as we need RD. Staal has played well this year. Staal and a 2nd/3rd for Shattenkirk. Armstrong is TERRIBLE when it comes to making deals. Not that this would be as bad of a deal as everyone thinks.

I would be in favor of that. If we are adding Shattenkirk, we need to subtract significant cap from our defense. Buying out Girardi doesn't cut it. Nash's money will be needed to give raises to our RFAs.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Do teams really want to give Shatty a boatload of money for 7 or 8 years? I like him as a player but that upcoming contract is not without large risk.

I'm sure some would but I doubt any contender would invest that much in him. Hope Rangers won't.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Beautiful to hear Bobby Mac say we want to stick with building up this young group and not mortgage any more future assets. I also like the idea of looking into a Holden-esque RHD to help at the deadline. Moneypuck *****es.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad