Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part XI: We can read between the lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
What does William Nylander, Alexander Nylander, David Pasternak, Robin Kovacs and Toronto prospect and former WJC Star Dima Timashov have in common? All have been trained by Michael Nylander. Everyone cept Alex was part of the same junior team more or less in Sodertalje that Nyls senior consulted. We should definitely swoop up Nyls as a player development guy. He is extremely sharp in that regard. Extremely sharp.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
What does Michael Nylander, William Nylander, Alexander Nylander, David Pasternak, Carl Hagelin, Anze Kopitar, Peter Regin, Tom Wandell, Magnus Pääjärvi-Svensson, Anton Lander, Niklas Hjalmarsson, Jason Strudwick all have in common? All have been trained by ?.

Hahaha Ola. You know the answer to this one. Maybe We meet in Stockholm for a beer next week? I Will be there then... PM me pls

Griffinbw

Feb 19, 2016
Atlanta
What UFAs would you target this off-season based on need?

Mine would be:

Beagle
Ril Nash
Wagner

John Carlson
Jan Ruuta
I really like Carlson, but don’t think we have a need for him, and if he hits UFA, he’ll get paid. Beagle is good, but JVR or JAM would be my top choices.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Who are the NHL players we lost in those drafts?

Counting guys who were drafted in our draft slot or players we traded.

Anthony Duclair, Josh Ho-Sang, Anthony Beauvillier are already NHL'ers.

There are some decent prospects like Nalimov, Paigin, Rychel, Saarela, Chartier, Nattinen, Watson, Cholowski, Gaudette, Kayumov, Gregor, Martin, Gallant, Koltygin who could eventually be NHL'ers, probably at least 4-5 will be. That group of 14 probably isn't too much worse than our top 14 prospects.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
According to this... New York Rangers - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps - 4,125,000 in cap space.

So... let's say the Rangers keep up the pace, wind up at the top of the division, and decide not (aka can't) to sell on Nash and Grabner... possible on Holden though. With Ottawa looking at a possible firesale, what would it take to bring Brass back in, and would you be willing to do it? Possible forward group;

Kreider - Zibanejad - Buchnevich
Nash - Brassard - Zuccarello
Grabner - Hayes - Miller
Vesey - Nieves - Fast
Desharnais/Carey

Pretty sick. (I'm an admitted Brassard fanboy)

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
According to this... New York Rangers - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps - 4,125,000 in cap space.

So... let's say the Rangers keep up the pace, wind up at the top of the division, and decide not (aka can't) to sell on Nash and Grabner... possible on Holden though. With Ottawa looking at a possible firesale, what would it take to bring Brass back in, and would you be willing to do it? Possible forward group;

Grabner - Hayes - Miller
Vesey - Nieves - Fast
Desharnais/Carey

It would have to be a cheap price. Not interested in giving up more of the future even if we are in a good spot.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I think they'll find a way to keep him. He seems to like it here.

Been wrong before, and he could still end up going the Pouliot route. Who knows for sure.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Lettieri is a guy who cleared waivers and hasn't played in the NHL since doing so. He doesn't have any trade value.

Wonder how much value Vesey has to them. I'd love Brass back.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn

Grabner - Hayes - Miller
Vesey - Nieves - Fast
Desharnais/Carey

We can’t move on from Nash and his insane cap hit, wildly inconsistent play, but we can somehow trade an affordable D who’s playing on our first pair, where no one else on this team can stick. Ohhk.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Brassard is 30, has a 5 mill cap hit, and is barely outproducing Hayes, who is a pending RFA.

We won the trade by a lot. Zib is our 1C, and is a lot better than Brass ever will be. Let him go.

These people on this board have a weird obsession with some players. A few of them would still rather have Brassard than Zibanejad. They treat Brassard and a few other players like national monuments. The Rangers sold high on Brassard. Too bad Gorton hasn't/wasn't able to sell high on a few other players.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I loved Brassard when he was here but c'on, can we let him go?

I hope it doesn't get as silly around here like it did with, Carl "Chicken without a head" Hagelin.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Counting guys who were drafted in our draft slot or players we traded.

Anthony Duclair, Josh Ho-Sang, Anthony Beauvillier are already NHL'ers.

There are some decent prospects like Nalimov, Paigin, Rychel, Saarela, Chartier, Nattinen, Watson, Cholowski, Gaudette, Kayumov, Gregor, Martin, Gallant, Koltygin who could eventually be NHL'ers, probably at least 4-5 will be. That group of 14 probably isn't too much worse than our top 14 prospects.
Doesn't look to me like any of the guys drafted with our picks are even close to Buch (CBJ 3rd round pick) or Hayes (Chi 1st round pick) that we stole as a FA. I think overall we came out way ahead.

Reactions: Avery16

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
Brassard is 30, has a 5 mill cap hit, and is barely outproducing Hayes, who is a pending RFA.

We won the trade by a lot. Zib is our 1C, and is a lot better than Brass ever will be. Let him go.

Right now he is still out, thought he would of been back by Friday, but guess not. One more concussion for t his guy and his career is at the risk of being over. So if that happens say this year which I hope it doesn't but then did we win the trade. Can't way we won the trade until years after it happened to see how there careers went. You can trade for Mcdavid and only give say Zucc. Wow did we win this trade. then 2 months later Mcdavid career ends, Zucc goes on to having 25-25 season in Edmonton for 5 more years. Who won the trade then Us because we got a couple of months out of Mcdavid. Before we won the trade lets see how there careers go for many years.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Larry Brooks said:
Full disclosure: Avery is one of two players over the past 20 years whom I’ve spent some time with away from the rink. Well, I guess this is a partial disclosure, because I am withholding the name of the other party (no longer in the league) in order to protect his innocence.
Not a shocking "disclosure" here for me. Posters I spoke to a few months ago should not be shocked by that "disclosure" either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad