Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXXV - French disconnect in NYC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Have you watched him play more than the one shift this year? You can probably make a similar video clip for every player.

I have. It's been so long that I have not had hockey that I am watching 3-4 hours every night.

He mailed in his effort against the Wings in the 3-2 win that he scored in.

He's been a dog thus far.

Reactions: SA16

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Connecing the dots of some names we've heard could be out there, wonder if something around Monahan for Dubois could work?

Hockey trade. Flames get their shake up. Calgary gets a young top 6 C for their malcontent.

Reactions: bleedblue94

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Eh, I'm sure Torts' abrasiveness made things worse in terms of the timeline, but by most accounts this came out of the blue over the summer. I think it's clear that some other teams put the seed in his mind that he's being stifled and won't grow in Columbus and he deserves to be a star somewhere else. Cash registers go off in the ears of his agents, and voila, he wants to move on.
He was clashing hard with Torts last season too. Screaming matches on the bench.

Reactions: haveandare

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Connecing the dots of some names we've heard could be out there, wonder if something around Monahan for Dubois could work?

Hockey trade. Flames get their shake up. Calgary gets a young top 6 C for their malcontent.
If I was Columbus I'd need Johnny Hockey coming back in any deal involving Monahan. Monahan without Gaudreau would not be a pretty sight.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
I still can't shake the idea that Zibanejad is the center piece of a Dubois trade. I think he's a lock for Montreal, but they aren't sniffing around futures or anything short of a present day contributor. Kakko, Lundkvist and Schneider aren't moving the needle.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I still can't shake the idea that Zibanejad is the center piece of a Dubois trade. I think he's a lock for Montreal, but they aren't sniffing around futures or anything short of a present day contributor. Kakko, Lundkvist and Schneider aren't moving the needle.
Shake it. Zib has a NMC, likes it here. There's zero chance he waives for Columbus and playing for Torts.

zukeisgone

Jan 17, 2019

PLD doesn’t like Ohio ...don’t think Calgary will suffice gone in 2 years

Reactions: leetch99

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Regarding Dubois, I really do think it's Montreal or NYR. LA or Anaheim can be a dark horse if he wants a big market.

The Rangers have the pieces to offer a piece for the now and a future's deal.

CLB has so little leverage now. Dubois has been dogging it and Torts finally dropped the hammer last night. They want help now? Jarmo is primed for being ripped off now.

Strome and DeAngelo for Dubois and Texier. That's my offer.

Reactions: leetch99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad