Speculation: Roster Building Thread: New Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
sorry but the reality is Reaves is atrocious and not an NHL player at this point. he's not going to get better. he makes 1.8 mill for this. hope this isn't just Larry Larrying and it gets done. we will be better without him despite the fact I like him a lot.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
what the hell was wrong with this guy's teeth? lol
Can't remain quiet about this anymore, but I know why he's been hurt so much.

We all know @EdJovanovski is a ruse himself, but sources have told me that he now HATES Vitali Kravtsov. The issue is he cannot do a 180 on his gimmick, so he must continue it.

He asked @MyLoveIsBlue (may or may not be the source) to make a special, limited edition 1/1 Kravtsov voodoo doll NFT. Since the gimmick is that Kravtsov is the savior of the team, there is only one way to continue this and keep his hatred, he must stay injured.

Jovo can continue to run on with his schtick all while getting vengeance against a player he used to love. Quite the lover's quarrel.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Can't remain quiet about this anymore, but I know why he's been hurt so much.

We all know @EdJovanovski is a ruse himself, but sources have told me that he now HATES Vitali Kravtsov. The issue is he cannot do a 180 on his gimmick, so he must continue it.

He asked @MyLoveIsBlue (may or may not be the source) to make a special, limited edition 1/1 Kravtsov voodoo doll NFT. Since the gimmick is that Kravtsov is the savior of the team, there is only one way to continue this and keep his hatred, he must stay injured.

Jovo can continue to run on with his schtick all while getting vengeance against a player he used to love. Quite the lover's quarrel.
LMAO

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Fleury is in Minny right now.

If there is a team that would claim Reaves, it would be the Ducks. Rebuilding and they have a few vets, but not a ton. They poached the Rangers with Strome and Vatrano, would think they'd want another vet that has been there to help teach their young guys.
Wasn't it Terry that took a beating from someone that he shouldn't of fought last year? They might even give something thinking Reaves will stand up for him.....which he won't. Strome could tell Ducks management he won't though because as we all saw Strome fought someone last year. Young Reaves wouldn't put up with anything, older Reaves is ready for retirement.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Aside from Reaves, when healthy with the emergence of Gauthier and that we have Goodrow, Carpenter seems like the odd man out. If Carpenter is claimed then we have Rydahl. The deadline space is more valuable than what Carpenter can bring on the 4th line, which is replaceable. I dont mind Carpenter but the cap crunch isn’t favoring him.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I just don't get it? any dentists on this board? Many of us have had impacted infected wisdom teeth removed and were back at work 2 days later (Yeah yeah I know he plays professional hockey). Its now what almost a week since he had his dental work?

Obviously Reaves is a likeable guy and has the back of his team and vice versa but the smart thing would have been to probably keep Hunt and let go of Reaves somehow. Hunt, Goodrow and Blais would probably be enough if things got chippy. If letting go of Carpeneter helps our cap issues it's a no brainer but the coach obviously loves him

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Aside from Reaves, when healthy with the emergence of Gauthier and that we have Goodrow, Carpenter seems like the odd man out. If Carpenter is claimed then we have Rydahl. The deadline space is more valuable than what Carpenter can bring on the 4th line, which is replaceable. I dont mind Carpenter but the cap crunch isn’t favoring him.

I think we should slow down on that, I want to see him do this for 40 more games first.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Chaos theory. ”They say that if an exotic red butterfly flaps its wings in the Amazonian rain forest, an iceberg will calf violently in Antarctica half a world away”. Aka VK74s dismal fate with the Tooth fairy…

Reactions: Cmox and egelband

QJL

Jan 2, 2014

As expressed previously, Goodrow is the favorite to move up into the top 9 when there’s an injury. That leaves us with one 4th line center - Ryan Carpenter. He’s not going anywhere with the current slate of players.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
One odd thing about this team is the low rate at which high end players are injured.

I think there are too many instances of players "battling through" injuries - Already this year we are at the bottom 4 of the league in Cap Hit of Injured Players (CHIP). Guys with low cap hits like Kravtsov, Blais, Chytil have missed games. But Trouba's well documented injury to this point does not place him on the sideline.
2022-23 Cap Hit of Injured Players
DYhr0dy.png

2021-22 is the same thing, even guys playing through injuries in the final days of the regular season
jy6y0cj.png

In fact the last time NYR were not bottom 4 in this metric was 2017-18 season when Shattenkirk missed half of the year.
Factors this might be attributed to but need more evidence to support:
- NYR high-cap players play through injuries more than other teams in the league
- NYR high-cap players play a safer/perimeter game
- NYR medical staff are best-in-class

It's a curious stat to be amongst the leaders in the league for this many years in.
Ben Prentiss officially became the Rangers Strength and Conditioning Consultant in June 2017. There's no way these metrics aren't related. Dude is very good at his job.

Reactions: TheGortonConspiracy

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Dude probably had an abscess that he didn't realize was serious. Those things can really sneak up on you. One day, it's a minor tooth ache. Then the next, you're in agonizing pain. I've seen it happen to someone just as young as Vitali, when I was in college.

Also, you need to be put on some pretty serious antibiotics for that stuff. Comparing that kind of thing to having wisdom teeth removed isn't really the same thing, since you're dealing with tissue that is already inflamed and infected. You might even need a bone graft afterwards (if the infection has deteriorated your jaw).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad