Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXIII - As the bell tolls, who will stay who will go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I heard that they got rid of the free agency period where teams could talk to players before July 1st. Does anyone know what the "official date" where teams can contact UFAs can happen this off-season?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
BlueshirtBanter is saying Buffalo asked for Lafreniere plus multiple other pieces for Eichel

That's pretty unsurprising. I think the point everyone was trying to make is that the trade isn't gonna happen if it's on Buffalo's term and them "winning" it because the price would be too high (and they don't want to move Eichel right now). However, IF Buffalo's hand is forced, that changes things and the real negotiating begins and it's unlikely a trade would happen that Buffalo would feel good about "winning"

Reactions: romba and mas0764

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
something needs to happen soon. Its dead at work and me reading hfboards for 8 hrs a day is my job for the coming week. so i need something other then the Eichal/monohan debate of the last week

Might want to spend time updating the resume and looking for job postings. That's not a good sign. Don't mean to come off the wrong way, just trying to step up for a fellow Ranger fan.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
.... Continuing our little online seminar.

The Rangers big offseason deal is not going to be with Tampa. Not who the NYR are targeting. Likely done today. Maybe accompanied with a smaller deal or two at the draft.”

Today - as in Monday. Could not get more outta my NYR Guy. It’s Tight Lipped in Commissioner Jeff Gordon’s organization - as always. Good on him, kudos. I personally think I know who it might be. We Will see... Interesting 36 hours ahead. For sure

@bobbop - without geting into specifics, is your guess a C? LD? Neither? Both?

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
Might want to spend time updating the resume and looking for job postings. That's not a good sign. Don't mean to come off the wrong way, just trying to step up for a fellow Ranger fan.

Done and i am. im a construction engineer that relies on money made from tolls and and airline flights as well on subway tickets sold for money for projects to be made. This is the most uncertain and unstable ive ever seen the industry including the recession and its extremely disturbing.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Done and i am. im a construction engineer that relies on money made from tolls and and airline flights as well on subway tickets sold for money for projects to be made. This is the most uncertain and unstable ive ever seen the industry including the recession and its extremely disturbing.

Yes, I'm seeing it everywhere. If you can manage on your own, or with a smaller group you have a better chance to prosper, those are not industries that will recover the fastest.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Teams need depth. Adding centers and defensemen is a good goal, but as is adding a winger or a goalie. You need depth, and the Rangers have a lot of open SPCs to build a better identity.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
If it's just one big deal, it would seem unlikely that Buchnevich is involved without a legit RW coming back. I don't see how they would deal him and leave Kakko/Kravtsov/Gauthier as our only RW.

Perhaps we are looking at a DeAngelo/Strome package to Calgary rather than the more discussed DeAngelo/Buchnevich package.

Nothing would stop the Rangers from:
A) moving Kreider to the right side
B) Signing a RW

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA

The Rangers big offseason deal is not going to be with Tampa. Not who the NYR are targeting. Likely done today. Maybe accompanied with a smaller deal or two at the draft.”

Today - as in Monday. Could not get more outta my NYR Guy. It’s Tight Lipped in Commissioner Jeff Gordon’s organization - as always. Good on him, kudos. I personally think I know who it might be. We Will see... Interesting 36 hours ahead. For sure
So since you would just be speculating please let us know who you think it'll be.

Honestly I do see a match with both Calgary and vegas.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007

Gotta be Calgary or Vegas

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Imo if the rangers go with a one year veteran center like Koivu while letting Chytil and Howden get the big mins it will be very telling about how serious they are on Eichel. Saving room for whenever they made need to be ready. Just my opinion but the smoke is certainly there

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Imo if the rangers go with a one year veteran center like Koivu while letting Chytil and Howden get the big mins it will be very telling about how serious they are on Eichel. Saving room for whenever they made need to be ready. Just my opinion but the smoke is certainly there
The Rangers aren't going to throw away a year waiting for Eichel. That is insane. As a GM, there is too much out of your control and you could end up with nothing. If Gorton did this I would hope he is fired immediately, JD as well if he condoned it.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I'd be all in on eichel if he were available...with the exception. Of laf or kakko

To me both are worth more than eichel. Cost controlled star caliber players are worth more than 10m star players.

Kakko had a bad first season. But all the foundations are build for a breakout year coming up.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
That's pretty unsurprising. I think the point everyone was trying to make is that the trade isn't gonna happen if it's on Buffalo's term and them "winning" it because the price would be too high (and they don't want to move Eichel right now). However, IF Buffalo's hand is forced, that changes things and the real negotiating begins and it's unlikely a trade would happen that Buffalo would feel good about "winning"

Yup. The cost to pry Eichel out of Buffalo's hands is too great for us - obviously if you are Buffalo you ask for Kakko or Lafreniere and that's a clear no from NYR.

But once he asks out and the Sabres realize the situation will get bad unless they make a move, a Super Rick Nash package is a clear model. Two roster players, a prospect, and a first. In this case, let's go with two roster players who both have way more attractive upside than the two players in the Nash deal (which were Dubinski and Anisimov, both established middle sixers). Let's say Chytil - a possible top 6 center with tons of upside (who also makes sense because it's center-for-center), and then Buchnevich, a low end top-6 RW. Throw in a first and a prospect (and not our top prospect either - so maybe Henriksson? Zach Jones? Etc), and that's a very solid deal.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
The Rangers aren't going to throw away a year waiting for Eichel. That is insane. As a GM, there is too much out of your control and you could end up with nothing. If Gorton did this I would hope he is fired immediately, JD as well if he condoned it.

can you be more dramatic Lol? It’s hardly a throw away year JD literally just said we aren’t even close. Lot of development this year and then when ready you add the guy you actually want.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I'd be all in on eichel if he were available...with the exception. Of laf or kakko

To me both are worth more than eichel. Cost controlled star caliber players are worth more than 10m star players.

Kakko had a bad first season. But all the foundations are build for a breakout year coming up.

Svech didn't blow me away his first year either ... I don't think anyone remembers that now.

Big year for KK coming up...

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC

not surprised they asked for them but they definitely won’t get guys like that if and when they do move eichel. Never happens. They’ll get a good prospect a first rounder or two and a top 6 forward or top 4 dman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad