Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXIII - As the bell tolls, who will stay who will go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
We shouldn't be making any big moves. Draft AL. Either go BPA at 22 or potentially go down few spots and land a 2nd rounder.

Anyone hoping for Eichel is going to be disappointed.

Reactions: bl02

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
We shouldn't be making any big moves. Draft AL. Either go BPA at 22 or potentially go down few spots and land a 2nd rounder.

Whether we want it or not — it seems like the trigger is cocked and Gorts is ready to make a significant move involving Strome in some type of capacity. I don’t think it involves Eichel but I do believe it’ll be a big move. Or, two significant moves.

Reactions: charliemurphy

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Whether we want it or not — it seems like the trigger is cocked and Gorts is ready to make a significant move involving Strome in some type of capacity. I don’t think it involves Eichel but I do believe it’ll be a big move. Or, two significant moves.

I think a fairly significant trade is coming - possibly involving ADA, maybe Buch - that brings in a center (I say this based on the weakness of the position and their seeming reluctance with Strome), and possibly a LD. I wouldn’t be surprised to see #22 dealt as well.

I think Strome goes in a different trade shortly thereafter. Maybe Minnesota.

I don’t see a deal involving Eichel. The only possibility is he asked for a trade and Buffalo agreed to accommodate if he stays quiet so they don’t lose leverage in talks. I’d still be shocked though. I also don’t think that deal would involve #1OA which would enrage Buffalo fans. I still feel like it’s a 1/100 possibility. Calgary seems like a much more logical dance partner - maybe Vegas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kupo

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY

It’s hard to say they shouldn’t make any big moves without knowing what’s potentially available. If you can bring in young core pieces to improve the team then why not do it.

I do hope they hang onto #22 but you have to think it’s in play.

Reactions: egelband

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
.... Continuing our little online seminar.

The Rangers big offseason deal is not going to be with Tampa. Not who the NYR are targeting. Likely done today. Maybe accompanied with a smaller deal or two at the draft.”

Today - as in Monday. Could not get more outta my NYR Guy. It’s Tight Lipped in Jeff Gordon’s organization - as always. Good on him, kudos. I personally think I know who it might be. We Will see... Interesting 36 hours ahead. For sure

STIR IT UP

SICK F***

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019

The Rangers big offseason deal is not going to be with Tampa. Not who the NYR are targeting. Likely done today. Maybe accompanied with a smaller deal or two at the draft.”

Today - as in Monday. Could not get more outta my NYR Guy. It’s Tight Lipped in Jeff Gordon’s organization - as always. Good on him, kudos. I personally think I know who it might be. We Will see... Interesting 36 hours ahead. For sure

If it's just one big deal, it would seem unlikely that Buchnevich is involved without a legit RW coming back. I don't see how they would deal him and leave Kakko/Kravtsov/Gauthier as our only RW.

Perhaps we are looking at a DeAngelo/Strome package to Calgary rather than the more discussed DeAngelo/Buchnevich package.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I was gonna suggest perhaps the reason for not qualifying Strome was because they were preparing to offer sheet someone (a center as well - Cirelli or dare I say it Barzal), but the thread’s opening post probably discredits that.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
BlueshirtBanter is saying Buffalo asked for Lafreniere plus multiple other pieces for Eichel

upload_2020-10-5_21-26-54.gif

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

Today - as in Monday. Could not get more outta my NYR Guy. It’s Tight Lipped in Commissioner Jeff Gordon’s organization - as always. Good on him, kudos. I personally think I know who it might be. We Will see... Interesting 36 hours ahead. For sure
who do YOU think it is? West Coast team?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Common sense points towards NYR making a big move today or tomorrow, if they're actually going to make a big move at all. The draft is always one of the times on the NHL calendar to make sizeable splashes.

Are these the final days of Georgiev's NYR tenure? Would imagine so.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I was gonna suggest perhaps the reason for not qualifying Strome was because they were preparing to offer sheet someone (a center as well - Cirelli or dare I say it Barzal), but the thread’s opening post probably discredits that.

Maybe it's the first sign and trade in the cap era. If they agreed to a contract, then there's no need to qualify him. Just pay the man and move him. Would be a very interesting way to capitalize the situation and get more value in a trade.

It's a little outside the box, but I would like to see teams be more progressive in terms of using their advantages.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Common sense points towards NYR making a big move today or tomorrow, if they're actually going to make a big move at all. The draft is always one of the times to make sizeable splashes.

Are these the final days of Georgiev's NYR tenure? Would imagine so.
Thats gonna confuse a lot of people who think we bought out Hank to keep Georgie

Reactions: Rongomania
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad