Roster Building Thread IV (2022-23): Luck of the Irish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't see how Lindgren stops him from doing that. Making a dumb decision isn't going to be impacted by who you're on the ice with.

No one wants to hear it, but Miller-Fox has been better than Lindgren-Fox when they're paired together. Lindgren is good at what he does and the team will be better when he returns, but Fox's success is not tied to Lindgren.

I think Lindgren is a good compliment to Fox . I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Fox is off a little as of late, this happened a couple of seasons ago when Lindgren was out. Fox will be successful whoever he is with but I think his best is when he has the most ideal D partner and that really goes for a lot of the Top D in the league.

I haven’t seen much of the Miller - Fox to make a fair assessment to be honest. I’m sure the fancy stats say good things but like to see them get more reps together if we do decide to move on from Lindgren.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Trocheck might have Panarin and Kane, but Chytil is our 2C.

Go ahead and tell us what other ideas/speech you'd like to ban.
Boo hoo - your point was dumb.

Buchnevich is a winger filling in at center on a team that doesn't care about winning or losing right now after being sellers only because they have injuries and nobody to put in that spot so they're experimenting. It's not even remotely comparable to the situation we have here, what it would've been like if we re-signed Buch or the myriad of other things to consider.

I don't want to ban speech, that was quite obviously hyperbolic sarcasm. Need to spell everything out for you? Oh no we definitely should've re-signed a career winger at a 5.8m cap hit to play a position he never has before, that definitely is a great point you were making! Buch has been gone for two years now, the trade sucked but the logic behind trading him made sense (cap issues and opening lineup space for the kids). It is what it is. It's so goddamn annoying to have Buchnevich mentioned endlessly in every scenario and now being mentioned as if we should've re-signed him to be a center here instead of signing Trocheck? That's a flat out dumb post, sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I know fighting is down but he's one of the few willing guys we have, probably find someone cheaper but they would need to, still need someone to handle that from time to time.
Likely can find somebody to be a man and aid his teammates for less than what he makes ......even Jeannot won't get that much money .....or will he ?

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Haha. Thanks.
Well.....if you are not listening carefully to a broadcast .....you might not know if he is playing or not of late . Even Gauthier was a more exciting and involved guy it seemed when he was here . Kakko is a big kid.....somebody should show him how to utilize his body to throw some big hits and get involved a bit more physically when he is not doing 360's by himself with the puck .

Reactions: ZiGOODejad

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
They are both terrible contracts. You can get 4th line vet leadership without giving a six year deal

He isn't a 4th line player...

Let's get crazy

Laff - Zib - Kane
Panarin - Chytil - Kakko
Kreider - Trocheck - Tarasenko
Motte - Goodrow - Vesey (when Motte is healthy)

Small change

Lafreniere-Zibanejad-Kane
Panarin-Chytil-Tarasenko
Kreider-Trochek-Kaako
Motte-Goodrow-Vesey

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Well.....if you are not listening carefully to a broadcast .....you might not know if he is playing or not of late . Even Gauthier was a more exciting and involved guy it seemed when he was here . Kakko is a big kid.....somebody should show him how to utilize his body to throw some big hits and get involved a bit more physically when he is not doing 360's by himself with the puck .
That's a bingo!!

Reactions: leetch99
Jan 8, 2012
NY
write a poem about gallant finding the right line combos

CHATGPT:
In hockey's rink, where players skate and glide,
There stood a coach, with doubts deep inside.
His team was strong, with talent to spare,
Yet something was missing, a puzzle to repair.

He tinkered with lines, searching for the key,
To unlock the potential of his team's chemistry.
But every attempt seemed to fall short,
The right combination, a mystery to sort.

Yet Gallant did not give up or despair,
He studied and analyzed, with a determined air.
He sought advice and listened to his crew,
And slowly but surely, the answers came into view.

Line combos were tested, with care and precision,
And finally, a spark, a newfound vision.
The Rangers now played with a newfound zest,
Their talent shining, at its very best.

And so Gallant smiled, with pride in his heart,
Knowing that he had played a vital part.
For in hockey's game, the coach plays a role,
In finding the right combos, to reach the ultimate goal.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Boo hoo - your point was dumb.

Buchnevich is a winger filling in at center on a team that doesn't care about winning or losing right now after being sellers only because they have injuries and nobody to put in that spot so they're experimenting. It's not even remotely comparable to the situation we have here, what it would've been like if we re-signed Buch or the myriad of other things to consider.

I don't want to ban speech, that was quite obviously hyperbolic sarcasm. Need to spell everything out for you? Oh no we definitely should've re-signed a career winger at a 5.8m cap hit to play a position he never has before, that definitely is a great point you were making! Buch has been gone for two years now, the trade sucked but the logic behind trading him made sense (cap issues and opening lineup space for the kids). It is what it is. It's so goddamn annoying to have Buchnevich mentioned endlessly in every scenario and now being mentioned as if we should've re-signed him to be a center here instead of signing Trocheck? That's a flat out dumb post, sorry.

When you stay in your private little universe of unchallenging ideas, you miss out on stuff.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Sean Grande, the radio announcer of the Celtics, is calling the Mets preseason game this afternoon. Keith Hernandez was talking to him about how the responsibilities of announcing differ between baseball and basketball, and asked about practices on off days. Grande responded that this is the era of load management, and basketball teams have about five to six real practices during the season.

Given how much practice quality has come up in conversations recently, I thought some of you might find that interesting.

Reactions: Richard Banger

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Fox is certainly having an ugly stretch but I hate how anytime he makes a bad play there's pages of "ugh if only Lindgren were here!!!!"

Hate to break it to you but Lindgren gets caught flat footed, makes bone headed pinches, and turns the puck over plenty of times. Fox doesn't evolve because he has Lindgren. He's just not playing well and Mikkola has a sub 0 IQ. it just happens.

I think Lindgren is a good compliment to Fox . I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Fox is off a little as of late, this happened a couple of seasons ago when Lindgren was out. Fox will be successful whoever he is with but I think his best is when he has the most ideal D partner and that really goes for a lot of the Top D in the league.

I haven’t seen much of the Miller - Fox to make a fair assessment to be honest. I’m sure the fancy stats say good things but like to see them get more reps together if we do decide to move on from Lindgren.
Fox was off before Lindgren got hurt and Lindgren had an ugly month long stretch before he was hurt too.

I love the guy but his lionization is Girardi in 2012 level and it's just not based in reality.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014

worried tomorrow could be an ugly one, esp if lindgren isnt a go, and i get the impression they hold him another day with pitt being the return target. could be surprised but gallants comments today made me think hes out. usually gg is pretty casual like "yea gotta check with the trainers but he should be fine" kinda response to if a guy is good. seemed to have more hesitation to his response today when asked about him and motte - do think theres a decent chance hes back though.

if they give buf the open ice and chances they get mtl theyll be the team giving up 10 goals. i for one do not trust the forwards to play responsibly and i definitely dont trust these defensive pairings to make up for anything either. hope im wrong on lindgren and the way they play overall, but i dont like the matchup with bufs youth/speed/skill and the rangers penchant for brutal turnovers while the entire middle of the ice is wide open, esp given the game buf is coming off of.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Kreider isn’t practicing today.

Have to imagine he’s banged up. Would partially explain why he’s been bad lately.
He hurt his leg and missed a few shifts yesterday.

He hasn’t been playing hurt but we know posters love to believe that when he is in his 2 month slumps where he gives half efforts most games.

Reactions: bl02

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
He hurt his leg and missed a few shifts yesterday.

He hasn’t been playing hurt but we know posters love to believe that when he is in his 2 month slumps where he gives half efforts most games.
Nah I think he’s been injured for most of the season. Something nagging. He hasn’t had his explosive speed for most of the season. Wouldn’t be surprised if he had shin splits. He’s dealt with those in the past.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
if some guys are battling nagging injuries now is the time to rest a few games albeit I know that won't happen. A guy like Lindgren they better be sure he's 100 percent.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
if some guys are battling nagging injuries now is the time to rest a few games albeit I know that won't happen. A guy like Lindgren they better be sure he's 100 percent.

3 games with the Pens before the end of next week, definitely not the time to be resting anyone IMO.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Kreider isn’t practicing today.

Have to imagine he’s banged up. Would partially explain why he’s been bad lately.
He hyperextended or sprained his knee in Montreal.

I was kinda shocked to see him come back in that game, the positive thing is we saw him skating and he was fine. He actually took it to another level as soon as he got back on the ice.

It probably swelled up on him and they are giving him a rest with yet ANOTHER back to back set on the deck

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I feel like we’re really bad when it comes to rushing guys back or letting guys play when they’re banged up a little bit. Probably because Gallant can’t coach this team to a win unless he has a full lineup, unlike other teams who seem to get by just fine.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Think NYR are far more likely to rest players at the very end of the season if they get officially 'locked in' to a spot.

Maybe we'll have enough dollars by that point for even one call up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad