Roster Building Thread IV (2022-23): Luck of the Irish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
What assets do people predict are going out to get Kane + retention? I had (stupidly, it seems) assumed that Kravstov would have been part of the package.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Ugh, new thread.

Pls let it be 2024 1st rd. (Lottery protected) / conditional 2025 unprotected. We dump for Kaner.

But we all know it's gonna be our other 2023 1st ...

Maybe the Lindgren injury is a blessing im disguise? LTIR his ass, get Kane only at 50% off?

What assets do people predict are going out to get Kane + retention? I had (stupidly, it seems) assumed that Kravstov would have been part of the package.

Was hoping for Krav, Jones and 24 1st.

It'll be way more I fear

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
Ugh, new thread.

Pls let it be 2024 1st rd. (Lottery protected) / conditional 2025 unprotected. We dump for Kaner.

Maybe the Lindgren injury is a blessing im disguise? LTIR his ass, get Kane only at 50% off?

It'll be way more I fear
Let’s make a wager about whether a first rounder is involved

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Ugh, new thread.

It'll be way more I fear

Lol why the assumption that the 2023 1st is involved?

Almost everything out there suggests no 1st is involved at all, regardless of year.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Ugh, new thread.

It'll be way more I fear
It has been reported multiple times that a 1st rounder won't be involved.

It will be a 2nd and a prospect.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I wonder if the Kravtsov deal is our deal for retention. We send them their 7th rounder back for the retention so it’s basically Kravtsov for the retention and they helped us out by taking him before the deal so we could accrue the space.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I am genuinely curious to see what wild shit replacing Tarasenko with Kane on the top PP unit might provide.

Probably only the oilers have more pure skill out of their top 5 PP guys than we would.

Reactions: The Gloaming

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
... is that so? I won't buy it.
I see us gifting STL a 1st for Tara, Kaner being worth more, should get at least the same.
:dunno:

He isn’t though.

Kane is pretty much forcing his way here and isn’t coming with another player.

I mean chose not to believe it if you’d like but this has been put out there by people on both sides. Staple said not to expect a 1st of any kind to be offered up and a few of the Blackhawk writers are already telling their readers to brace for a light return that doesn’t involve a 1st.

If the deal is expanded to include other pieces? Yes then maybe. For Kane alone? No 1st, at least not the 2023 one.

Reactions: Cmox

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
So if and when Lindgren goes on LTIR, who are the realistic defenseman to target? Could they afford to add a depth forward too?

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
My guess is a second, one of Jones/Robertson, one of BMB/Grubbe/Edstrom/Berard/Barbashev/Chlemar, and another pick that turns into a first in 2024 or 2025 if the Rangers make the ECF or SCF. One of the goalie prospects not named Garand (Boyko or Olas) could be in play.

I think Cullye, Othmann, Sykora (the later two were Drury picks so there's more emphasis to hold onto them. Not saying Drury has an ego but more like a message sending "these are my picks from my regime") are all safe.

I'm really hoping it's anyone other than Edstrom. I'm very high on him as a helpful piece as soon as next season. I can live with Berard or Barbashev. Grubbe I'd be pretty sour giving up, same with Olas.

I don't think Korcazk given his tough adjustment to the AHL has much value at this point. Same with Laba (more needs to be seen of him). Karpa not so much.

So if and when Lindgren goes on LTIR, who are the realistic defenseman to target? Could they afford to add a depth forward too?
Kulikov, Jordie Benn on D, Bonino or Derek Grant up front.

Reactions: RGY

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Getting huge Jovo vibes from your desire for Chychrun. But at least your guy has some talent…
Not claiming he's Bobby Orr.

We desperately need a PMD and/or offensive talent on the backend. Our system encourages it. The fact that he can skate and can score is even greater. Then you factor in his cap cost @ 50% and it's phenomenal value.

I love Lindgren... but I'd rather have a guy with more offensive ability with Fox.

Reactions: Mandar

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
we now need a defensman way more than we need a foward. using the cap space for Kane would be foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad