Speculation: Roster Building/Rumor Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Someone associated with the Coyotes just called me out of a clear blue sky and asked me what I knew about Georgiev.

?
Barrett Hayton one for one. I’ll let you keep the entire percentage of the cut this time. Always a pleasure doing business with you bobbop!

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I’m kind of thinking we end up signing Strome longterm. And he takes a team-friendly deal. Just a guess. I think he’s one of those guys who means more to the Rangers than he does to other teams. So the offers won’t be there. Buch seems to have a lot of value around the league. Chytil is a toss-up.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
If you have Laff, Kravtsov, Kakko, Fox, Miller, Lundkvist and Barron that's $11.5MM unless I added something wrong. If they only allowed not to count $6.1MM that leaves a difference of $5.4MM.

I might have miscountrd the bonuses though been a long day!

Easier

New York Rangers Salary Cap, Draft Picks, and Player Contracts - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

No Baron or Richards, total bonus 7.55 minus 6.1 allowed, 1.45 over

Add Baron add 850K, and/or add Richards add 500K to the 1.45M over above

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Do we think Eichel is traded tomorrow before the draft, fellas? Would make sense for Adams for a bunch of reasons; 1) Grab draft capital in the package, additional first round pick and 2) the quicker he’s moved, the quicker he can either get the surgery or move on from the charade. If Buffalo doesn’t move him tomorrow then the chances of him moving are probably slim. It’ll happen when the NMC Kicks in and they’ll do this all over again with like two destinations.

Reactions: CLW and egelband

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I’m kind of thinking we end up signing Strome longterm. And he takes a team-friendly deal. Just a guess. I think he’s one of those guys who means more to the Rangers than he does to other teams. So the offers won’t be there. Buch seems to have a lot of value around the league. Chytil is a toss-up.
I (not just being biased as I'm the biggest Buch fan) think Buch is more likely to take the team-friendly deal. Strome closest buddies are both gone now. Buch has grown so much with this team, he was such an awkward scrawny dweeb when he first came over here LOL and he's now like the most beloved guy in the room and is hilarious, he's completely came out of his shell with this group and I think he'd take a substantial cut to stay here. He's hanging out with Igor as we speak

Reactions: egelband

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Do we think Eichel is traded tomorrow before the draft, fellas? Would make sense for Adams for a bunch of reasons; 1) Grab draft capital in the package, additional first round pick and 2) the quicker he’s moved, the quicker he can either get the surgery or move on from the charade. If Buffalo doesn’t move him tomorrow then the chances of him moving are probably slim. It’ll happen when the NMC Kicks in and they’ll do this all over again with like two destinations.

If they haven't shared medical with any team I doubt it.

Reactions: mas0764 and NYR94

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Oh baby, this cap I'm telling you. We have loads of it for this year, but we'll need that in 2022 (mainly Foxy). Finally we have some and it's a trap.

As of now, we have 20 million in cap space - pending ADA buyout - for Chytil, Shesty and Buch. I have no idea what contracts to expect, I just hope for cheap ones.

Chytil: 2y bridge - 2m-ish, I'd hope.

Shesty: 6y/4.5m

Buch: 6y/6.5m
EXTREMELY tempting to give Chytil 5 years deal somewhere around $3.5. Eat a year of UFA and he gets another payday at 26

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
You know how there's like a 30ish minute pre-show before the actual picks start being announced? Yeah, then.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Yeah I did thr math wrong of Kravstov bonus potential. It's $9.8 with the 6 players i called out so the overage is $3.7MM
To be honest, I did figure it out, yet without, I just add 5-6M in cap space used which covers both the overage and buy-outs and assume that is pretty close. (over next two years)

Last edited:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Servalli mentioned that Vegas has interest in Strome, too bad they probably wont trade Stephenson that would be a hell of a contract to add and probably allow the Rangers to easily keep Buchnevich (but then Krav would be on the 3rd line)
I like Kravtsov but he hasn’t earned a spot yet.

Bruner4329

Apr 24, 2016
Still think Kreids has a chance to be rejuvenated with Chytil & Kakko. He looked good with those kids. And it really helps spreading the wealth around. That line has the potential to feast on the whole league.
Only on this board would someone talk about rejuvenating a player that scored 20 goals in 50 games and was tied for second on the team. Geez there is no fairness when talking about CK.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I doubt they have that much interest. I think Strome is worth more than the 10OA but I wonder if other teams would agree.

I don't think there are many people on this board who would agree, much less other teams.

They have been mentioned specifically as a team who would like him along side Seattle and Vegas. I imagine depending on how things go tomorrow Minnesota would be in that group as well. They should do pretty well in a return.

Considering what we gave up for him, pretty much anything is a win. I wouldn't expect anything more than a late 1st/prospect and a 2nd or another player coming back with an expiring contract/2 year left max.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Has any beat writer been able to ask what the teams plan is for Goodrow? Wing or center?

His versatility means the team COULD trade Strome or Buch and be done this offseason.

Panarin-Chytil-Buch
Laf-Zib-Kaako
Kreider-Goodrow-Kravtsov
______-Rooney-Barron

Or

Panarin-Strome-Kravtsov
Laf-Zib-Kaako
Kreider-Chytil-Goodrow
_______-Rooney-Barron

No mater what the team is probably in need of a couple of 4th liners to pair with Rooney.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Only on this board would someone talk about rejuvenating a player that scored 20 goals in 50 games and was tied for second on the team. Geez there is no fairness when talking about CK.

CK was fantastic on the PP. Continues to be elite in his role there.

He sucked massively at ES. Considering that most of the game is played there, it's reasonable to hope that his game improves next season.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Has any best writer been able to ask what the teams plan is for Goodrow? Wing or center?

His versatility means the team COULD trade Strome or Buch and be done this offseason.

Panarin-Chytil-Buch
Laf-Zib-Kaako
Kreider-Goodrow-Kravtsov
______-Rooney-Barron

Or

Panarin-Strome-Kravtsov
Laf-Zib-Kaako
Kreider-Chytil-Goodrow
_______-Rooney-Barron

No mater what the team is probably in need of a couple of 4th liners to pair with Rooney.

Richards.

Reactions: Lua and Mac n Gs

Bruner4329

Apr 24, 2016
so you are content with being mediocre. no thanks. If this team has Strome as the number 2 center the next few years we aint going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad