Roster and Fantasy GM Thread: Pre-Draft Silly Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Tryamkin is the most overrated player on this board

For some reason people fall in love with defenders when they are rookies and then they quickly fall out of favour (Tryamkin, Hutton, Stecher.)

Tryamking bolting after season 1 and not experiencing any sophomore slump has left him as some sort of magic bullet for some people.

Black Noise

Flavourtown
Aug 7, 2014
North Vancouver
For some reason people fall in love with defenders when they are rookies and then they quickly fall out of favour (Tryamkin, Hutton, Stecher.)

Tryamking bolting after season 1 and not experiencing any sophomore slump has left him as some sort of magic bullet for some people.
Tryamkin wasn't even that good when he was here. Nothing screamed future Top 4 defenceman. Pretty much people just saw his height and started making Chara comparisons for no good reason.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
Dahlin would absolutely guarntee us a future cup. He’s going to be an absolute Franchise dman.

If we draft Dahlin, we just need to trade and sign right to fill out the depth spots.

Kane/JVR-Horvat-Boeser
Dahlen-Pettersson-Nelson
Baertschi-Gaudette-Virtanen
Leipsic-Sutter-Eriksson
Gaunce/Archibald/Goldy/Lind/Motte

Dahlin-Tanev
Edler-Stetcher
Juolevi-Gudbranson(ugh)
Pouliot/Biega

Markstrom
Demko

Trade Hutton (for Brock Nelson), Nilsson (4th/5th), Gagner (3rd), Del Zotto(2nd) and Granlund (3rd)
Sign JVR/Kane 6x6
No bad,,but everytime i see Eriksson,Sutter,Tanev,Gudbrason penciled in this line up,,i want yo throw up.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Also, a shit ton of good NHL players started their career in absolute tire fires. Nathan MacKinnon is probably going to win the Hart Trophy and he was on the worst team of the millenium last season. Taylor Hall is also a huge Hart Trophy candidate and he spent the first 6 seasons of his career in Edmonton.

I understand to an extent where people are coming from with that idea (especially with lesser prospects like Lind and Dahlen) but guys like Pettersson/Demko should be ready to make the jump and writing them off completely without even giving them a stretch of games next year is absurd.

I refuse to believe that Boeser would've developed better in the AHL or NCAA this year.

Last edited:

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
...but being on a terrible no-hope ****show of a team didn't seem to harm Boeser, so why would you be worried about Pettersson?
How do we no for a fact that Boeser says,,blank this ,i want no part of this Sh-t,Who in there right mind would want to play on this team being run by idiots who should be working in a yo yo factory.Let these kids grow do not bring them into this bad enviorment.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
I leave for a couple days and all of a sudden people want Shea freaking Weber for actual value traded out? My gawd this board has digressed into something dark

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
How do we no for a fact that Boeser says,,blank this ,i want no part of this Sh-t,Who in there right mind would want to play on this team being run by idiots who should be working in a yo yo factory.Let these kids grow do not bring them into this bad enviorment.

I'm sure he'd be more annoyed being stuffed in the minors making under 10% of his NHL salary riding buses when he's quite obviously better than the entire team except maybe Tanev.

Last edited:

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
While we're living in dream land, winning the Dahlin sweepstakes and enticing Carlson to come here wouldn't be too bad.

Dahlin-Carlson
Juolevi-Tanev
Edler-Gudbranson

Under that defense, Demko would easily be well protected and insulated.

Leipsic-Horvat-Boeser
Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson
Dahlen-Pettersson-Virtanen (if Pettersson and Dahlen aren't physically ready, then Lind and Gaudette can go here).
Archibald-Sutter-Gagner

Dahlin-Carlson
Juolevi-Tanev
Edler-Gudbranson

Markstrom
Demko

Baertschi, Granlund, Pouliot, Hutton, Stecher either get moved for picks or are simply punted.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
if we want to fantasize, i think tavares is our huckleberry. in theory, we just make a good pitch and reel him in with all that sedin money.

the reality that we can't even win a beauty contest right now compared to the islanders without tavares is pretty sobering.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
if we want to fantasize, i think tavares is our huckleberry. in theory, we just make a good pitch and reel him in with all that sedin money.

the reality that we can't even win a beauty contest right now compared to the islanders without tavares is pretty sobering.

Honestly though, I wonder how much “the Connor McDavid of defensemen” (Dahlin) bridges the gap between fantasy-huckleberry and realistic viable opportunity.

When the Oilers got McDavid a few years ago, high ticket item Lucic made it a point to sign with the Oil. Lucic was around the same age as Tavares is now I believe, and Lucic was also a cup hungry dude that wanted to be a part of the next big thing.

Tavares may want to win a cup, but how many current contending teams can offer him $12.5/7 years without blowing up their core? Vegas? With Tavares here, the pressure of forcing Elias to be a center also reduces greatly.

Future team (2 years)

Dahlen-Tavares-Pettersson
Leipsic-Horvat-Boeser
Virtanen-Gaudette-Lind
Archibald-Sutter-Eriksson

Dahlin-Tanev
Edler-Gudbranson
Juolevi-####

Demko
Markstrom

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
When the Oilers got McDavid a few years ago, high ticket item Lucic made it a point to sign with the Oil. Lucic was around the same age as Tavares is now I believe, and Lucic was also a cup hungry dude that wanted to be a part of the next big thing.

Tavares may want to win a cup, but how many current contending teams can offer him $12.5/7 years without blowing up their core? Vegas? With Tavares here, the pressure of forcing Elias to be a center also reduces greatly.

Tavares is very unlikely to leave the East Coast. And having Rasmus Dahlin isn't going to make a high end UFA come here because our team is going to be very bad for at least another few seasons.

Tavares wants to play on a winner—we don't fit that bill in the slightest.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
PK Subban being traded for Shea Weber has to be one of the funniest things ever.

Imagine thinking that’s s good trade for your organization. They should tried to do something around Taylor Hall + or Leon Draisaitl.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Honestly though, I wonder how much “the Connor McDavid of defensemen” (Dahlin) bridges the gap between fantasy-huckleberry and realistic viable opportunity.

Future team (2 years)

Dahlen-Tavares-Pettersson
Leipsic-Horvat-Boeser
Virtanen-Gaudette-Lind
Archibald-Sutter-Eriksson

Dahlin-Tanev
Edler-Gudbranson
Juolevi-####

Demko
Markstrom
For the Love of God, please stop calling Dahlin "The Connor McDavid of Defenseman".....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino