Value of: ROR's next contract.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
There was a lot of talk about him coming back to the Blues, which is a big reason the Blues aren't naming a new team Captain.
The way things went this past season, I'd pass on bringing him back and putting the C back on his sweater.

Reactions: Jacob582

cgc83

30-HELENS-AGREE
Jul 8, 2018
free Hortons for the duration of the maple leaf home town discount deal

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Given the way Chicago cleaned house, they'd probably be more likely to sign his brother, Cal, if he still plays.
Cal O’Reilly still plays, he is the captain of the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.

Cal is an AHL UFA so perhaps an O’Reilly brothers union at NHL-AHL level’s may be in order.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
I think a win-now team will give him a year or two longer than most and not care about 2026/2027.

6 x $6m-$6.5m or so. If Nylander wants $9m+, the Leafs will need to make a decision on whether they trade him. If they do, I can see ROR staying in Toronto, especially if Murray goes too.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
The more term he wants, the less the aav. Given that by year 4 or 5 there is likely to be a big drop off.

1 year, 8 million per.
2 years, 7.5 million per.
3 years, 7 million per.
4 years, 6.5 million per.
5 years, 6 million per.

I would offer him 5 years, 30 million, to get the lower cap hit and just accept it will be a bad contract in year 4 and 5.
Then why give him a 4 year deal?

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Then why give him a 4 year deal?
He's just such a valuable player, he's worth a lot. And if he ages like Bergeron the contract should be tolerable in year 4 or 5. Having him at a lower cap hit is important so we can retain Nylander and Matthews so I would give him term if it means we can get that cap hit down.

Who know's how it will shake out in 4-5 years but he's really proven his worth over the last couple weeks since coming back and especially in the playoffs. He's the type of C teams covet so it's hard to see him getting less then 6. Honestly if he carries the leafs to the 2nd round or 3rd round, his price will be even higher.

Reactions: 666 and cowboy82nd

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Homer discount with the Leafs like Spezza.

Came in here to see how long it would take for a Leaf’s poster to make this prediction.

Didn’t disappoint.

This guy has chased money on more than one occasion… he is Keith Tkachuk’s long lost son.

Reactions: Daz28

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
I think whatever it is. By the 3rd or 4th year he might be cooked. His skating has really declined. But he’s a very smart player, master at circle and a playoff performer. He’s perfect for a contender or a young team looking to push through in the playoffs.

He’d be perfect in Buffalo or Detroit. Buffalo I really doubt because there’s rumors that things around that organization were not good at all. When a player says “ I lost my passion for the game” that’s a eye opener.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
someone will give him 4x6 atleast. the only way he remains a leaf is if he is set on staying one.

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
I’d give him 5x5. Just for his playoff value. He’ll probably miss a chunk of regular season time every year, so you’d get some cap relief.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
If the Leafs can get out of the first round, the contract will be disgusting, and ROR will be worth. Every. Penny. We got our Cup with him, now go get yours!

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
There are so few prominent UFA forwards this season, and more than enough desperate GMs/Teams. Someone who value him as the panacea to all of their problems.

I wouldn't be shocked if someone offers him the modern-day equivalent of the Loui Eriksson/Milan Lucic/James Neal long-term contract... +6M x 6Y

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad