Rookie Tournament

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
How many years has Culek/Grant been to this thing? Feel like they've been there multiple times.

DefenseMinister

Jul 20, 2006
I read an interview with Stone the other day and he said the Sens told him he can make the team... Just had to work for it and win it

Yeah, I'm sure they don't tell all of their top end prospects that.

It's like saying that training camp jobs are "wide open". They want all the guys to play hard to see what they can do.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Players with NHL potential (40 to 100 NHL games at the very least) from this list of invitees:

Defencemen: Cody Ceci, Fredrik Claesson, Michael Sdao
Forwards: Jean-Gabriel Pageau, Mark Stone, Curtis Lazar

Intriguing prospects (if the stars align they can surprise)from this list of invitees:

Matt Puempel (boom or bust)
Buddy Robinson (boom or bust)
Jarrod Maidens (boom or bust)
Chris Driedger (Future NHL Backup duties)
Vincent Dunn (low 4th line agitator to 2nd line tweener a la Steve Ott)
Derek Grant (Condra like role somewhere)
Darren Kramer (Chris Neil lite)
Shane Prince (prime Mike Comrie lite)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I would also assume that Ottawa could have some invites to play in the tournament as they have in past tournaments, maybe even some of the non-Sens prospects that were at the development camp.

Puempel - Pageau - Stone
Schneider - Lazar - Robinson
Prince - Grant - Karlsson
Kramer - Culek - Dunn/Maidens

Claesson - Ceci
Sdao - Wideman
Blood - Rutkowski/Harpur

Hammond - Dreiger/Brassard

Hey, I only missed three guys Danny New on defence, Danny Hobbs & Wacy Hamilton at forward. Not bad. :yo:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I read an interview with Stone the other day and he said the Sens told him he can make the team... Just had to work for it and win it

I don't see anyone from the Rookie tournament starting the yr in Ottawa, there just isn't any room unless they carry 23 players which they could for a litltle while but not long term especially if there are cost concerns. Ottawa has 11 forwards on one way contracts, then there is Zibanejad & Conacher who likely won't be returning to Bingo & a handful of guys waiting in Bingo to move up. BM could always make a trade to make room for a player or two.

They also have 6 defencemen on one way contracts with Gryba as the only two way defencemen with Boroweicki & Ceci waiting. There one weakness that I can see may be depth in goal should Anderson & Lehner both be hurt at the same time & Lawson would have to be called up.

What will be interesting to watch is how Conacher plays to start the season & if he can play the way Maclean wants him to. JOB will be another interesting guy to watch what happens with him, will he play, be bought out, or be waived? Who gets demoted, who will still be with this team after the deadline & who from Bingo gets promoted & will there be any trades before the deadline?

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
I hope Maidens gets his game back.

For some strange reason I think Dunn will make it. I rarely go on gut instinct, but in this case (and Sdao) I will take a leap of faith and say he will be an NHLer.

(Decent offensive numbers, late birthday, solid scouting by Sens over the years are the only logical reasoning I can give)

(For Sdao, it was the trade to get that pick)

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
tumblr_m3uck987SY1rq5uu8o1_250.gif

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Damn, wish him well.

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 1m
Ott prospect RT @paivatheway: Jarrod Maidens has returned home after suffering fro recurring concussion symptoms. No timetable for return.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Damn, wish him well.

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 1m
Ott prospect RT @paivatheway: Jarrod Maidens has returned home after suffering fro recurring concussion symptoms. No timetable for return.
So sad

Berserker*

Will someone replace Maidens?

It is unlikely, but the Senators could send out another camp invite.

Has anyone been paying close attention to the 67's training camp? If so, would Tyler Hill be worth an invite?

Berserker*

Maybe the Sens should invite a spark plug like Jean Christophe Laflamme to take Maidens spot.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
**** man, looks like this maidens gamble isnt going to pay off.
still, best of luck to him, and props to the murrays for taking that risk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad