GDT: Rookie Tournament in Estero

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
You've really got to like our defense is going to shape up in the coming years. We can debate about guds and kuli not living up to potential but those 2 with ekblad and matheson could be one of the best young cores in the eastern conference.

There will always be a veteran presence on the blue line.

Matheson - Ekblad
Kulikov - Gudbranson
McCoshen - Petrovic

:naughty:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Matheson - Ekblad
Kulikov - Gudbranson
McCoshen - Petrovic

:naughty:

Absolutely love it. You think as early as next year or for the 2016/17 season?

My only worry for the future is a top goaltender. Glad to hear Brittain was "impressive" from other posters.

The forward core is pretty much set for the forseeable future. Fun times are ahead.

THE CATS ARE COMING!

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Absolutely love it. You think as early as next year or for the 2016/17 season?

My only worry for the future is a top goaltender. Glad to hear Brittain was "impressive" from other posters.

The forward core is pretty much set for the forseeable future. Fun times are ahead.

THE CATS ARE COMING!
Probably not next year. And probably not the year after that. But the 3rd year, it's a chance that lineup is here. It all depends on the development of Matheson and McCoshen as far as the time frame IMO.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
good to hear matheson, crouse, and grimaldi all looked fantastic. in the 1st, that time crouse had that really nice scoring chance, shortly after that he went to back check and my goodness he flies, its crazy how someone as big as he is having wheels like that. also, good to see the defense playing well, we had matheson, weegar, and brown all playing and we like all those guys, won't they all be playing in the ahl next year? that'll be great for the farm. matheson, weegar, brown, olsen, racine, regner, something like that i assume? also good to see hawryluk play well. same with brickley who was a former 2nd rounder, played 4 full seasons playing d1 with vermont and played his first full season in the ahl last season and did fantastic (22g and 47pts, with 1g and 1a in 3 playoff games), when talking about howden i mentioned wilson but i always forget about brickley, who's arguably the the best of those 3, glad to see him score and continue his success after his first full ahl season.

Thewselius

Jul 24, 2003
Brittain is huge. Definitely could tell he fills in quite well at 220+ ibs. It was hard to get any detail with PotatoVision but he was a wall. Made some nice kick saves, couldn't tell if he made any glove saves. Hawryluk seems to have a shoot first personality, he really wants to score. Crouse is a wrecking ball, the momentum he generates is scary, and Grimaldi was always behind him looking to clean up.

Thunderheart

Jun 9, 2002
Visit site
Was at the game and players seemed a little confused as how to handle the 3-3 spacing and defense. Maybe hesitant is better word. Will get more exciting as time goes on

Also agree that Rocco, Crouse, Hawryluk, Matheson & Brittain looked impressive. Rocco and Rau were very good together on penalty kill and in OT. Brown & Brickley are keepers also! Team looked fast and were very physical

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
I'm mildly annoyed that the Panthers have not mentioned the live stream on their website like every other team in the tournament and we have to get the roster from the Preds.
Pick it up people!
Someone tweet Cifu. :sarcasm:

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Yep same.

Looks like Brickley scored the only goal for the cats again and it's 4-1 now.

EDIT:

Doug Plagens
‏@DougPlagens
Preds score a pair of 5on3 PPG to take a 5-1 lead with just over 11:00 to go in the 3rd

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad