Prospect Info: Rookie Camp 2016

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Three scheduled Rookie Camp practices at THE RINKS - Anaheim ICE will be open to the public and free of charge. Open practice dates include:​

Thursday, Sept. 15 (1:30 p.m. PDT)
Friday, Sept. 16 (10 a.m. PDT)
Saturday, Sept. 17 (9:30 a.m. PDT).

2016 Rookie Showcase to be played:

Sept. 18 vs. Colorado (12 p.m. PDT)
Sept. 19 vs. San Jose (1 p.m. PDT) in Westminster, Colo.

ROSTER

s-l1000.jpg

Anyone going, we are waiting for reports :)

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Just to kill the time a bit, i wonder how the lines might look.

I think there is no doubt that Julius is our best C prospect and Ritchie is the top LW one. On the right side of the top unit probably we could see Sorensen, the guy already have Pro experience.
With dissapointing offensive production as he have, i think Kerdiles is our 2nd best LW, as far as i know he really hasn`t worked out as a C for us. Will be interesting where Jones and Steel will play in that lineup in the games we have, maybe the lineup will look something like:

Ritchie-Nattinen-Sorensen
Kerdiles-Kossila-Sideroff
Jones-Steel-Roy
Soy-Dostie-Morley

Theodore-Welinski
Megna-Montour
Thompson-Mahura

Boyle

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
One of the following is not like the others, which one is it?

A. Watching paint dry.
B. Hanging around HF in the summer.
C. Watching rookies runs drills at both ends of the ice at the same time.

Give up? It was a trick question. They are all the same.

But after the event I did see ES interviewing Dallas Eakins. Couldn't really hear much continuity, but Eakins did rave about Montour multiple times. Also spoke highly of Kerdiles and his willingness to switch positions (C to F) mid season to help the team due to an overload of C. Also mentioned Nick had a lot of injuries and played through them, at times to his detriment.

The best part of the day was overhearing a conversation that I, unfortunately, cannot repeat here. But I will say that I may have given Bob too much credit in thinking he has made Hampus multiple offers.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

A. Watching paint dry.

But after the event I did see ES interviewing Dallas Eakins. Couldn't really hear much continuity, but Eakins did rave about Montour multiple times. Also spoke highly of Kerdiles and his willingness to switch positions (C to F) mid season to help the team due to an overload of C. Also mentioned Nick had a lot of injuries and played through them, at times to his detriment.

The best part of the day was overhearing a conversation that I, unfortunately, cannot repeat here. But I will say that I may have given Bob too much credit in thinking he has made Hampus multiple offers.

Why can't you repeat it?

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania

A. Watching paint dry.

So what you're saying is he did lowball him after all?

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I'm a Knights fan, so am very interested to see how Jones does at camp. Also, for self-serving reasons, I'm wondering when you think he'll get sent back to the Knights (i'm assuming you don't anticipate him making the team this season). The Knights season starts next Wed, with another game on Friday. After that, the next games are on the 30th and 1st. Any idea on whether we can expect Jones back for any of those games (or is it just a 'wait and see' thing for Knights fans)?

btw - i'm glad you drafted him. I thought he'd go higher and think you'll look smart/lucky for having drafted him.

Oct 18, 2011
If lindholm holds out that will be damning on murray since he has seen the team get alot worse in order to sign this guy

Lindholm holding out plus a sick and insigned Rakell in addition to all the losses over the past two summers is alot to overcome. Murray stripped this team of its depth

Oct 18, 2011
I'm a Knights fan, so am very interested to see how Jones does at camp. Also, for self-serving reasons, I'm wondering when you think he'll get sent back to the Knights (i'm assuming you don't anticipate him making the team this season). The Knights season starts next Wed, with another game on Friday. After that, the next games are on the 30th and 1st. Any idea on whether we can expect Jones back for any of those games (or is it just a 'wait and see' thing for Knights fans)?

btw - i'm glad you drafted him. I thought he'd go higher and think you'll look smart/lucky for having drafted him.
Typically the ducks will get players like jones a preseason game or two and send them back, so unless he pushes for a spot he'll be back soon

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Typically the ducks will get players like jones a preseason game or two and send them back, so unless he pushes for a spot he'll be back soon

Do you have any idea of what sort of date that might be?

Ha ha, sorry, I realize you're not a human calendar - i'm just trying to piece together what roster the Knights will be looking at and when.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Do you have any idea of what sort of date that might be?

Ha ha, sorry, I realize you're not a human calendar - i'm just trying to piece together what roster the Knights will be looking at and when.

Unless he is really impressive he will likely either get sent back after the exhibition on the 28th or the 1st.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
So was anyone there yesterday?

Kalle Kossila is the real deal. He looks NHL ready. So happy about this signing. He skated with Ritchie and Roy.

Theodore and Montour are studs.

Nick Ritchie looks to have lost weight, and seemed to be faster on the ice.

Kevin Roy's skill level is insane, but he wasn't good in his own zone.

Max Jones didn't impress. Zero skill on display.

Sorensen looked decent.

Edit: I know this is premature, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kossila centered Rakell and Vermette.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad