Romanuk/Millen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
If Paul Romanuk says Marleau has the puck, there is a 50% chance that Marleau is not on the ice.

It makes the game watching experience very unenjoyable.

I find myself distracted with trying to figure out what's going on because the guy who's calling the game has no idea.

I seriously think Romanuk has issues with his vision.

Millen is just an unlikable, irritable colour guy who's lost half the time. He occasionally makes mistakes but not like Romanuk. Millen is still very unenjoyable to listen to.

It's unfathomable that after 2 years of complaining, Rogers won't find two competent people to call Maple Leafs games.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Whatever happened to the petition? Surely the movement has begun!

Reactions: bax

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Did you guys know that Tampa was short handed yesterday? Namestnikov was traded and unavailable and Kucherov (who is the leagues leading scorer BTW) left in the first period and didn't come back.
Did you guys know that Tampa was short handed yesterday? Namestnikov was traded and unavailable and Kucherov (who is the leagues leading scorer BTW) left in the first period and didn't come back
Did you guys know that Tampa was short handed yesterday? Namestnikov was traded and unavailable and Kucherov (who is the leagues leading scorer BTW) left in the first period and didn't come back

PAINFULL

Reactions: Elephanto

Mattavarner

Apr 17, 2014
Nothing annoys me more than "Hey Paul, we're gonna be here all night" every time a goalie makes a save in a shootout. Every. Single. Save.
and stuff like "I can tell you, we'll see Karlsson on the ice in this overtime here" like hes some sort of genius.
Millen is awful, hes dragging Romance down and Romanuks not too great himself

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I know this job isn't easy, and I really hate when people rag on other people doing their profession...but these guys suck hard.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
To be fair in terms of Healy, he hated the Leafs with a passion, nitpicked with the best of them.

In fairness...there was a lot to nitpick in those years. I never watch any game live. I PVR every game and don't start watching until at least an hour into the game. That way I can just fast forward between whistles. When it is broadcast on TSN, I spend much more time listening to the commentary. I really like Ferraro. When "no doubt about it" Millen and co are on. I find myself skipping through the game very quickly.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Millen was the Sens colour commentator before replacing Harry Neale's vacant spot in 2006. If there wasn't another reason to hate them. :sarcasm:

Yup, not enough people know this. My brother used to get the Sens feed down east whenever the Leafs played the Sens and he used to call me all the time to tell me how Millen would trash the Leafs, call them dirty, etc. Think about that: the colour guy for most of our games used to bad mouth the team constantly. What are they thinking?

My bigger issue though is he makes it all about himself. If he isn't talking about his irrelevant hockey career, he's wasting our time looking for evidence on every play to back up some point he made earlier in the game. I hate, hate, hate him.

Reactions: Pocket Hercules

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Kucherov is out with an upper body injury. I'm a little confused since Dr. Millen told us it was a knee injury and showed us his last shift last night where absolutely nothing happened.
You're thinking of the Johnson injury, Millen said that was a knee injury.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Only three more Romanuk-Millen games left:

Mar 14th vs DAL
Mar 22nd at NAS
Mar 28th vs FLA

The rest are all either TSN or HNIC broadcasts.
There is the odd game where Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson might call like the March 28th game against the Panthers, because they have done some of Wednesday night game for Sportsnet, like when the Leafs played the Senators in Toronto right before their mandatory week off.

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
I watch the pre-game, then get pumped for the game to start and Paul starts talking and the let down immediately kicks in. "Oh this guy again, why couldn't this be a TSN broadcast" It's like I'm expecting someone/something better for the SN regional games. I cannot stand Romanuk at all, and usually can tolerate Millen (sometimes find him funny), but last night both were in post-season form of full on suckage.. Millen sounded like he was having a stroke every other play, and Romanuk apparently took a side bet to call the game blind folded, and act is if he was calling the game for the Tampa Bay region.

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
There is the odd game where Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson might call like the March 28th game against the Panthers, because they have done some of Wednesday night game for Sportsnet, like when the Leafs played the Senators in Toronto right before their mandatory week off.

Yes, I thought about that too, so its 3 games maximum. Unfortunately I feel as though that Wednesday night pleasant surprise was a rare exception, and we'll still get Paul and Greg on the 28th.

The mere fact that we both (and I'm certain many others who read my post) had that same thought, along with the endless complaints against those two buffoons since they became the Leafs announcers, goes to show just how bad they truly are.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Yes, I thought about that too, so its 3 games maximum. Unfortunately I feel as though that Wednesday night pleasant surprise was a rare exception, and we'll still get Paul and Greg on the 28th.

The mere fact that we both (and I'm certain many others who read my post) had that same thought, along with the endless complaints against those two buffoons since they became the Leafs announcers, goes to show just how bad they truly are.
I said this before and I will say it again. When Rogers took over the broadcasting rights in Canada teams like the Oilers, Flames and Canucks got to keep their same regional announcers for their games on Sportsnet. However for some reason they got rid of Joe Bowen on TV and were given Paul Romanuk.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
We could be stuck listening to Pierre McGuire.......

Pierre McGuire knows hockey. He might be creepy as all, but the man knows hockey. Pierre can probably tell you where over 500 pros played junior, the stooges we get every night have a hard time keeping up with the names on Leafs roster.

Someone earlier said it, and I cant think of a better way to put it. Sportsnet is just tone deaf.

Reactions: LeafsNation75
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad